main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Aftermath: Life Debt (Book 2 of 3) by Chuck Wendig on July 12, 2016

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheyMightBeGeeks, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Given that Lords of the Sith sets up Star Destroyers as nearly indestructible, it could be that the Super-class is even more enduring and still harder to destroy.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Scapro Tyler

Scapro Tyler Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    I realize I am late to the game however this is referencing a person, not a ship.

3. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    "You're a ship?"
    "I'm a person and my name is Fleet Admiral."

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    His little brother Track Changes isn't ready yet, but Finalizer is.

ATimson likes this.
  5. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Um, she refers to "it", not a person. I assume the Fleet Admiral is in control of this vessel.

6. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I finished re-reading Aftermath yesterday. I liked the book the first time around, but I liked it even more on the second read. And there were lots of things I caught that related to The Force Awakens that totally slipped by me on the first read. (Such as the phrase "Temmin snaps his fingers".) I definitely recommend re-reading it before Life Debt.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's definitely the Ravager on Jakku. I forget if it's the VD or Rey's Survival Guide that makes it clear, but it is.

And it's probably Ravager we see crashing in Battlefront, too.

I swear if it's SLOANE dying on that ship I'll never be able to play that again.......

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Karl0413, ATimson and JediFett10 like this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I might be as distraught as you about something for a second time, if that occurs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATimson and JediFett10 like this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah I definitely benefited from reading it after having seen TFA. I also noticed Norra had a tendency to snap her fingers as well.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Is Temmin getting his Snap nickname in this book or is that a Book 3 thing? I think it has to be a Book 2 thing just cuz we've already seen Snap in TFA so might as well make the connection explicit. Unless it's like a total Sith Lord naming ceremony thing that Sinjir comes up with one day when he's drunk.
    "Henceforth, you shall be know as .... Snap Wexley."
    "Huh?"
    "Just go with it."

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I thought he was named "snap" because of his role in the Resistance acapella group.

12. Scapro Tyler

Scapro Tyler Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    "But... I'm so lost"

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Please no...she's the only character I am full on enjoying in the first book right now.

14. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    Just dropped in to say that even though I really did not like Aftermath very much at all, I'm actually extremely excited for part two. Don't know why, but I have a feeling I'll enjoy this one quite a bit. Can't wait for July!

JediFett10 likes this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000

Trust me, she's my favorite NEU character of all. I don't want her to perish. But the only outcomes I can see from her are: going down with the ship, or being involved with the group that surrenders the Empire after seeing what it's in danger of becoming.

But that won't happen until the third book, in either case, I think.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Mr. Forest and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I want an origin story of Mister Bones about his days serving in the Separatist Alliance as a normal B1 Battle Droid.

17. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I want Sloane to go the way of Daala and just do her own thing away from the Empire

Scapro Tyler likes this.
  18. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

[face_shame_on_you] Thou Shalt Not Mention Admiral Failure and Grand Admiral Sloane In The Same Sentence. Nor Shall Thou Imply They Are Similar In Anyway.

19. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I just mean do what Daala does and walks away from the war and becomes a leader of her own people. Not saying they are at all similar otherwise.

20. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Del Rey Star Wars issued this nice (if quaint) piece of promotional material:
    [​IMG]

(For those who are wondering, the writing in Trade Federation Basic simply says "B1 battle droid.")

21. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Oh, ok. Personally, I don't think walking away from a problem is in her character but it could be an interesting story.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Pick one of these.

Nobody deserves to be compared to Daala. Except Donald Trump. Because one minute she was all like "oh I'm against the Republic blah blah OH LOOK I'M RUNNING FOR CHIEF OF STATE AND I WON!!!" and everyone was like WTF how did this happen? We're smarter than this! But like the good Doctor once said:

[​IMG]

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Daala was appointed. I doubt she went into that meeting expecting she'd end up Chief of State!

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yes I'm sure. Just as I'm sure we'll eventually get a complete explanation for that plot choice someday from the authors and I'm going to win the lottery today.

Vthuil and Sinrebirth like this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Niathal was technically Chief of State but the Confederation wouldn't have her, so Niathal handed her political capital to Bwua'tu, who had the support of the military, but Bwua'tu suggested Daala. The Confederation lost the war so their candidates were hardly going to be agreed and Daala was given a four year term to sort out the Alliance and reunify the powers, with a caveat that she could acquire new powers under the Emergency Measures Act in a crisis but even that was qualified so she could not undo the Senate, but she could create the GAS to replace the GAG.

That's from Invincible, Abyss and Backlash, putting it together. Which is really not ideal but it happened.

JediFett10 likes this.