Aftermath of Anti-Sith Insurgency

Discussion in 'Literature' started by UltimateMandalore, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltimateMandalore Jedi Knight

star 2
    So after the Sith are defeated, what do you think will happen to the GA and the Empire? I think that Roan Fel will take back control of the entire Empire. But who will be in control? The GA or the Empire? I can't see the remnants of the GA taking on the entire Empire. I wonder if the Empire will be allowed to rule. I kind of hope that happens. Which would you prefer to be in control, the GA or the Empire?
  2. darthmohican Jedi Master

star 4
    It seems to me that the GA is no where near powerful enough to overthrow the Empire and set up their own government. Looks like it might be Fel's empire for quite some time.
  3. Kaje Jedi Master

star 4
    My hope is an Empire, with a hereditary monarch figurehead, but governed by an elected legislature.
  4. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    I would hope for a reformed Galactic Alliance as being the key power. The Empire's only claim to galactic control is that many worlds left the GA due to the failure of the Ossus Project. Once the truth about it being a Sith sabotage job supported by the Moffs, all those worlds will undoubtedly flock back to the GA's banners.

A Coruscant based Galactic Alliance at peace with an enlarged Empire based at Bastion is the best bet for galactic security and prosperity.

John Ostrander has hinted several times before that Roan Fel would be in an interesting position should Krayt be defeated. Does he do the honorable thing and admit the truth that his Empire worked with the Sith? Or does he deny that fact and try to hold on to power? One path leads to peace, the other to continued warfare.

And, as I think my buddy Jello pointed out, what about Marasiah? See seems less rabid than her father about Imperial domination, plus she has said flat out that it is the Empire's shame for helping start this war. If she were on the throne, would things be different?

God, Legacy rocks. :D

--Adm. Nick

5. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    I have a feeling something big will happen in the LEGACY comics, like Coruscant being destroyed, that will completely change everything.
  6. UltimateMandalore Jedi Knight

star 2
    Remember that it is not Roan Fel's fault that the Sith Sabotaged the Ossus Project. It is not his fault that the Jedi are crippled. It is only his shame that he allied with them. He did not do anything else.
  7. Kaje Jedi Master

star 4
    Seems to me Fel didn't really ally with the Sith. They allied with him, and he just didn't fight them because it was more pressing to deal with the Vong terrorists.
  8. Carnage04 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The thing with Marasiah, is that we saw her only in one scenario through the first 20+ issues. What you do when you are on the run like she was may be different than what you normally do.

The things she said to Cade? Cade OBVIOUSLY would be a powerful ally for anyone that could wrangle him in full time. She very well could have been talking idealistic to him as a ploy. Tell him (And later, the Jedi) what they want to hear. The "Have to make it right, even if it's one life" Sia doesn't really jive with the "Azlyn. You seem conflicted about the Jedi and Imperial Knights. Maybe this will help. If you leave us, we'll kill you." or the "Hmmmm, perhaps using Cade as a hired mercenary might be a way to rid ourselves of Krayt" Sia.

I'm obviously over dramatizing things and Sia probably is a pretty decent person but she seems pretty dedicated to the Imperial Mindset. All of her reasons for fighting the Sith have essentially been related to the Sith ignoring orders, backstabbing, humiliating, and trying to kill her father. She hasn't said she wants to help all those being opressed by the Sith.

I do agree with you on one thing. Legacy DOES rock.
  9. JaySkywalker01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Roan Fel would gladly allow the GA to let democracy rule once again gladly give up his throne....

Once you pry it from his cold dead fingers!
  10. GenAntilles Force Ghost

star 4
    I could honestly see Gar Stazi and Fel with all their ships over Coruscant not doing anything because whoever attacks first will get the most damage and be less likely to stop the other from installing their own government.
  11. Carnage04 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

That makes me wonder, what are the goals of Stazi and his group? They are in a pretty unique situation as they are really only a (Small) fleet of Military people who are representing an entity that doesn't really exist anymore. The incident with Gial Gahan and the Mon Cals showed us that they aren't entirely alone and are supported by others loyal to the idea of the GA. However, even Gahan didn't really wield power any longer and the GA doesn't seem to have a political base promoting the movement like the Rebel Alliance had with Bail, Mon Mothma, Leia, and others.

It's hard to see a small fleet led by an extremist Admiral having any kind of claims of legitimacy at the time the galaxy is carved back up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.