main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist AG88's SW images***UPDATED 30 March 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by academygrad88, May 12, 2005.

1. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Now that was funny.

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **gags on coffee--survives coughing fit--tries to pick self up off floor, still laughing**

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oh FORCE!!

This is just wonderful-awful-so-so-true!! LMAO!! I just love this: that awful, "old-lady" jacket she's in--her "antennae" all bent--the walker... [face_laugh][face_laugh] Too great!

You are just a little twisted, you know that grad...? ;) :p

FF

P.S. Glad your honey is recovering well (and that he resembles a seasoned pirate now! ;) )!

3. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks! I am glad you like it.
    Thank you!
    Thanks. And don't forget the dentures in the glass. ;)

I have been told that before. :p I am glad you like it. I did make up a little picture showing the progression of the drawing:
    [image=http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/4230/howtoaurrasingnv1.jpg]
    Thanks! He is doing well. He is returning to his old sarcastic self.o_O He told me the nurse was telling him that the scarring might fade in time and he said, "I don't care what I look like, I'm married."

[face_not_talking]

He is such a smart aleck.:rolleyes:

Thanks everybody for taking the time to respond.

AG88

4. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Hahahaha! [face_laugh][face_laugh] That is so funny. I don't know why, but for some reason I think she looks like she would fit as a villain in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

5. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thank you! I read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy when they first came out... so I don't remember much from them other than I liked the books. I really should reread them.

I really appreciate you stopping by and commenting. [:D]

AG88

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Wow.... I'm gonna have nightmares tonight with this one.

Your work is impressive. If sometimes distubring.

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Great artwork, it's all very nice! My face may be redder than beat [face_blush] and my sides may be split open[face_laugh] but it was worth it!

8. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    That is awesome, ag88! [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

9. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    =D= Great! You've got talent in digital drawing! Each time I use computer to draw I always put all the color in one layer and very soon I would make a mess[face_laugh]

10. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Lovely parody lol

11. Vandalier

Vandalier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2006
    lol

"What're you gonna do-- throw your false teeth at me?!"

12. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks! Although I think only a few of my drawings are disturbing... perhaps my sexy Palpatine. LOL

I appreciate you stopping by to comment.
    Thanks! I am glad you saw the humor in it. I just read the book and she is pretty scary.
    Thanks, YodaKenobi. Maybe I can submit that pic for the next fanfic awards ceremony. You were in charge of that last time, right?
    Thanks. I haven't been drawing very long. That is the nice thing about digital painting is it seems more forgiving and therefore has a much better learning curve. I would say to you is that you should learn to work with layers. For example, when I do hair (which I am terrible at), I make sure it is on a separate layer. This way if I screw it all up I can just delete the layer. Once you got it right you can flatten the layer. Just keep practicing. I have gotten a lot better in the last few months (at least I think I have... [face_worried] ).
    Thank you!!
    LOL! Thanks! I am glad you like it.

I appreciate everybodies' comments!

AG88

13. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    LOL! You know, I thought it sounded a little funny as I typed it out, but I let it go. I didn't think it would come out sounding quite like that though. [face_laugh] I seem to be somewhere in the middle of being slightly embarrased and greatly amused. Sorry for causing some momentary confusion. Sith-like groin...lol.
    -----

Tempest Parody - Man, I love your sense of humour. Wow, is that ever one heinous looking overcoat though. I can almost hear her mumbling threats in that typical strained old granny voice. The walker is just precious. [face_laugh]

- Suz ^_~

14. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks! I finally read Tempest and I am happy to say Aurra Sing is not how I envisioned her. LOL! She is pretty scary.

Thanks again!

AG88

15. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    LOL! I was checking out this thread when I noticed that you said "Hi" - Thanks!

The aged Aurra Sing is killing me! She's so hilarious!

[face_laugh]

I just bought a copy of Corel Painter myself. OMG it's a huge program!!!!!! And I'm a techiphobe ... [face_worried]

16. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks. It looks like the Legacy of the Force novels are recycling old villians. I am hoping we will see Asajj Ventress!

I really like Corel painter. I am a techno-idiot so I was worried about the program, but I found it pretty easy to do at least the basics.

I bought a couple books on digital painting and they have helped a bit.

One trick that I was glad I learned was how to color an inked drawing without painting over the ink lines (because I like doing my rough drawing with pen and paper).

In case anybody wants to know how to do this, you first scan your drawing and then open it into Corel painter. You then go SELECT> AUTO SELECT> Image Luminance (click OK). Then go back to Select> Float. This now takes your lines and puts them on a layer above the canvas. You can now paint on the canvas and you wont cover up your ink lines.

I use that a lot.

Let me know if you have any questions. I am not sure if I can answer them, but I may know people who can.

And thanks for stopping by and commenting.

AG88

17. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    This pic was done by my baby who just turned six years old. He suffered a stroke at birth and suffers from mild cerbral palsy, so his drawing is not so smooth. This is his drawing of a droid. He loves Star Wars:

[image=http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7002/robot1on1.jpg]

AG88

18. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Cute![face_love] Every artist has to start somewhere! I think he is off to a good start.:D

19. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Awesome! Congrats! Talent must run in the family! ;)

20. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    wOOt! =D= That's fabulous! I love all the details: the bolts on the legs and torso, the intricate hands and that "segmented" jaw--awesome! Tell him he's a wonderful artist (just like mom!)!

FF

21. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    That looks great! As FF pointed out, he did an impressive job on providing so much detail on all the robotic parts. Great work! =D= A fine artist in the making! :)

- Suz ^_~

22. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks everybody. I read your comments to him this morning and he got a big goofy grin on his face. He was thrilled.

Thanks again!

AG88

23. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    LOL @ Aurra Sing! You know, LL should stop bringing back old villians and just let them be gone and dead. Granted, she served as a pretty good adversary and they explained off why she's alive and not decrepit, but still. Live and let villains die. I see your artistic skills are so good these days that Poser isn't needed at all! And that's just as I'm moving on to the brand spanking new #7.

As for your son's drawing, I think he draws better than I do! Tell him I love the robot, but we need to know it's name!

24. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Cute! Cerebral palsy is no excuse for his awesome drawing skills!

25. Your_Worshipfulness

May 21, 2005
    Hey there AG88, you've been quite silent for a little while now, and I was just wondering if you've been cooking up anything new? :D

Oh, and while I'm here, I'd like to congratulate you on the Fanart contest win! [face_dancing] Looking good in red! ;)

- Suz ^_~