main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist AG88's SW images***UPDATED 30 March 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by academygrad88, May 12, 2005.

1. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks FalconFan for this parody idea:

[image=http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/2554/darthcaeduspw0.jpg]

This is a mixed media. It is Corel Painter, Poser 6, and Microsoft Digital Image Pro. And I must admit that I couldn't draw Mara's face so I added in a photo of Angie Everhart, who I have always seen as the perfect Mara (She is the model for the Survivor's Quest book cover).

AG88

2. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Loi! I just remembered that cuddle doll picture. *still wants drooling YV male version with pointy ears and dolphin tattoos*

Loi, gotta love Force Ghosts. I like to think Asajj Ventress lives on as a strange smell emanating from a canyon that makes a majority of sentients crave junk food. Durrr, I don't dig the Sith!Jacen scheme due to like of Vergere and her "why are 'Jedi' and 'Sith' the only two choices?" philosophy. Besides, I like it when the main (human) characters are picked on in fanart or otherwise...

D'oh you can tell I'm bloodthirsty and leech off the fan reactions to Sacrifice.

3. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    That is so wrong...

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

Oh, this is even better all finished!! =D=[face_laugh]

The look on Jacen's face is perfect--kind of a spoiled brat pout--as is his posture--and Mara's expression is absolutely choice!! Wouldn't she love to see him this way!? **nodding as hysterical tears roll down cheeks** The chain is a wonderful choice, and all the little details are great: the "doggie dish," the chewie-bone! I love this one almost as much as the previous--and heavens, it's the best laugh I've had since seeing that one for the first time, too! =D= Great, great job!

Thank you grad, for giving us all something to giggle and laugh about! [:D]

FF

5. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Okay, I must admit half the time I am a bit confused as to what you are talking about. For example, Dolphin tatoos and your comment about Ventress... but you are commenting... so I love you. [:D] :p

Vergere... I would love to find out the truth about her.

I am glad you have enjoyed my art. I really appreciate your comments. Thanks!
    Oh please...if anybody deserves to be treated like a dog is my Mara-killing Jacen. For Sith-Sake Mara is the reason he and his sister were not kidnapped and smuggled off to that insane clone whose name I can't spell--Jaruus Co'bath?!? Jacen is a piece of Sith!!!!!!:mad:
    Thank you my friend. I love getting your input on my WIPs.

Thank you, but must I remind you that you are the one who gave me this fanart plot bunny. Thank you!

Thank you so much for all your help and support. I truly think I am now back from the land of the totally depressed. Thank you so much!

AG88

6. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    That's great to hear!

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
  8. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Jacen Kills Mara is like Snape Kills Dumbledore XD
    I said something about wanting a Yuuzhan Vong cuddle doll on DA.
    Aha, the dolphin tattoos thing comes from a crazy idea I have that the Yuuzhan Vong were propogated by dolphins. Dolphins have sloping foreheads, so do the Yuuzhan Vong. Dolphins have less hair than humans, so do the Yuuzhan Vong. Dolphins have no noses, just nostrils. So do the Yuuzhan Vong. Bottlenoses are grey, like the Yuuzhan Vong. Dolphins tend to scar easily, as do the Yuuzhan Vong. Dolphin females look like the males, as with the Yuuzhan Vong (well, I'd like to think the warriors were that way to explain the lack of female warriors in the books). Dolphins shun technology (says the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy), as do the Yuuzhan Vong. Dolphins have anti-Chinese sentiments (doi, Chinese River dolphins are extinct), as the Yuuzhan Vong are suspected to emanate (but I think that's silly).

Aha, I made an entire post about the Yuuzhan Vong. But Jacen Solo is my favorite parody fodder of the moment. He should have an apprentice named Darth Ceteceous who is super lame but cooler than he is at the same time XP

Darth Ceteceaous chops his/her hands off and replaces them with two Force-sensitive lobsters named Grievous and Grievanna.

9. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks guys for all your comments.

I was screwing around today and came up with another drawing. I was thinking about Darth Krayt. His identity is going to be revealed in the next comic issue. At first it was believed that Jacen was Darth Krayt. But now that Jacen is Darth Stupid... I mean Darth Caedus, that puts Jacen out of the running. Now people are speculating that it is going to be Ben.

So I thought I would draw up a pic of Ben becoming Darth Krayt. It is supposed to be right at his fall before he gets his Sith Tattoos.

[image=http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/8749/darthkraytunveiled1hc3.jpg]

This is a mixed media drawing. I started out with a poser image and painted over it.

AG88

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    WAAAAHHH!! I don't want Mara's only son to become a SITH!!! :_|:_| **throws hissy fit on floor**

Okay...I'm better now... **brushes dirt off clothes**

First--I love the light here: this "from below" angle is extremely challenging, and you've done a great job with it! =D= I also love that Ben looks quite a lot like his father here, so outstanding work there, too! The great "painterly" quality really gives this a traditional look, and I like that b/g, too--sort of wild and chaotic, as this moment would no doubt be in the Force (particularly with yet another Skywalker falling to the Dark Side... **heavy sigh** ). Great great work here! Love it (even if I don't love the idea! ;) )!

FF

11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'll repeat what FalconFan said: Hate the idea - Love the art. ;)

(I swear by all that is holy, I'll stop reading those comics if it turns out to be true...)

12. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ai, dun worry. There's a good chance it's not Ben 'cause there's Asharad Hett (whatshisname?)

Ben cosplays a Sith at charity events at the restauraunt built on Asajj Ventress' death-bed (which lures customers by a strange, Force-Ghost smell that makes people want junk food). Jaina also attends charity events in but as a cyborg due to a tragic maiming involving another charity event. It's a plot bunny.

It might be the angle, but Ben's mouth looks very wide. Well, it's a Sith touch.

13. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Kecen, are you smoking Death sticks? o_O

[face_laugh]

Seriously, Trace, FalconFan, I also don't want to see this to happen. Kecen is right, Hett is also a great contender for being Krayt, if he survived the Clone Wars that is.

He does have very similar tattoos as Krayt and he is from Tatooine. I guess we will find out in August.

AG88

14. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    No no, not death sticks. Roasted Dashta eels are much more potent, but they cause so much drama.

15. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    I am still so irritated with Jacen Solo!!!

[image=http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/334/stupidtasselsfk1.jpg]

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    **standing ovation**
    =D==D=

Go Mara!!! **hysterical cheering and flag-waving** I love the look on her face here: a perfect "this is how it SHOULD have gone down before!" look!! Great work on her "translucency," and his face is great--shocked and dismayed! How does even a Sith Lord fight against an opponent that's already dead?! :D I love it, grad! =D=

FF

17. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Great stuff, ag88 =D=

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I LOVE your three "Jacen and his tassels" pics. They are hilarious! :D Keep me laughing for a good, long time...

And as for the picture of Darth Krayt, I think I'll follow Deb in having a hissy fit on the floor, but I must say that I love the art! :D

19. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks. I was pretty happy at how my drawing of Mara's face turned out. It is a bit cartoonish, but it is pretty good for me. I am so disappointed in the way Jacen's character turned out. He could have been so much more. :(

Thanks YodaKenobi. I appreciate you stopping by.
    Thank you. I also hope Ben doesn't turn to the darkside. What I would really like to see is him killing Jacen with his mother's vibroblade. That would be fitting.

Today I thought I would go back to some of my older drawings and try to improve on them.

Here is one of the Vong I did last year and I redid it. What do you think?
    [image=http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3898/vongremake7ux6.jpg]

AG88

20. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    My drawing of Darth Talon from the Legacy Comics:

[image=http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/539/darthtalon4yx6.jpg]

AG88

21. Giolon05

Nov 3, 2005
    Outstanding job on the tattoos! It's still my goal one day to render Darth Talon, but until I can master them, or find someone to do so for me, I'll have to settle for my own Twi'lek girls. (Did you see my latest of Oola?)

22. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    You did a great job with Oola! You have become a pro with your programs.

The tattoos were a bit hard to do since I only had a couple reference pics of Darth Talon to work from. But I think the tattooing is close enough.

I would volunteer to paint the tattoos for your version, but I don't know if I will have the time. I am selling my house and the closing is in a week. I am going to be dealing with all of that, the packers, movers and then the move to another state, then unpacking. Yuck!:(

AG88

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    GAH!! I missed your Vong redo!! :oops: It's just great: I love that the armor really resembles crab shells (vonduun crab, that is! :p ), and that it's a unique color from the visible flesh. Quite the fearsome expression there, too (would definitely not want to meet this fellow...ANYwhere!!)--the b/g is wonderful (makes me think of the Battle for Coruscant/Yuuzhan'tar, with Zonama Sekot hanging in the sky), very ominous and atmospheric! Darth Talon is becoming quite the popular character from Legacy--must be the idea of a "bad-@$$" Twi'lek! :p ;) Her legs look a touch awkward to me, bent "outward" at the knee--straightening them from the knee down might help there (think a "locked knee-wide stance" kind of pose)... I agree with Giolon that the tattoos look great, and I love that b/g, too (you're really getting quite good at those, you know! :D )--she's yet another one I wouldn't want to meet...anywhere, anytime! ;) Great job with both of these!

FF

24. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Darth Talon has a knack for dancing around fires in an occult circle, despite all evidence that Sith are not supposed to. She doesn't need to wear pants because she has full body tattoos, and that means they have to be shown off.

YV! I can pretend his girlfriend is somewhere in the distance...

25. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks FalconFan and Kecen! I appreciate the feedback.

Today I decided to do another Sith Lord: Darth Nihl from the Legacy comics.

He is a Nagai Warrior and Darth Krayt's top enforcer. He was sort of difficult to draw since he is mainly black and white.

[image=http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8842/darthnihlfinaloi6.jpg]

AG88