main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Against All Odds" (K/J) * Completed 12/19/02* --- **18 New Posts on pgs 18 & 19**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Just have to take 400.

Dana

2. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    I think Jaina being pregnant is perfect. It's sort of like Mara being pregnant during the war...it's a ray of hope in a very dark place.

Sorry, I'm waxing philosophical today.

~Rogue

3. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    "Operation . . . Congested Toydarian."
    I love it :)
    DOES THIS POST MEAN WE WILL GET EVEN MORE POSTS SOON??????????????????

4. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Well, not today, but soon, hopefully.

Dang. I gotta write a 10 page paper tonight, that's due tomorrow. Fortunately, it's double-spaced.

Dana

5. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    GOOD LUCK WITH THE ESSAY

6. JediJainaSoloDurron

JediJainaSoloDurron Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    just upping! new postie soon!?!? please

7. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    ohhh...goodness me, tha was hilarious!

-JSD

8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    *singing* "I think this post's mostly filler." But mushy filler. :D Kinda mushy. Not true mush.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You told wedge about the baby."

Kyp opened an eye Jaina leaned over him, glaring. "Yes, I did. They wanted to know why you hadn't come to the meeting. When I said you were sick, they wanted to know what with. I'm sorry."

His wife shook her head, her bad mood gone as quickly as it had come. Kyp didn't think he'd ever get used to her mood swings. "It's okay. I just wanted to tell him myself."

Jain crawled into bed and snuggled up to him. "We should think of baby names."

He laughed. "Jaya, you're a month pregnant. We don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet."

"I know." Jaina rested her head on his shoulder. "Did you ever think, when we were here last, that within six months, we'd be married and having a baby?"

"Honestly, no. But I hoped I'd at least get you away from Captain Cardboard."

"You succeeded in that, and I congratulate you," she laughed.

Kyp kissed the top of her head. "Do you think this thing will work? The, uh, Operation . . . Congested Toydarian?"

"Operation Congested Toydarian. I'm seriously going to strangle Wes," she sighed. "No, I'm not going to strangle Wes. I'm going to strangle the guy who said, 'Okay, that sounds good'."

"I'll help. I think Wedge and Tycho will, too."

"I don't know. I honestly have no idea if it will or not. I'm beginning to suspect it's just wishful thinking."

Kyp pulled the covers higher. They had reached Hapes during the coldest part of the year, which was unfortunate, in his mind, because it kept Jaina bundled up in multiple layers of clothes. On the other hand, it was perfect, because he didn't want other men ogling his wife.

"Boy, you're possessive," she murmured drowsily.

A laugh exploded out of him. For a moment, he'd forgotten his mind was almost completely open to her. He kissed her forehead.

After a moment, he said, "General Antilles said something interesting to me today. He said that the reason he'd been headed to talk to you the day we told him we were getting married is . . ."

"Is what?" Jaina mumbled, seemingly addressing his shoulder.

"He was going to talk to you about pulling me out of Twin Suns and sending me to restart my Dozen. But in light of what we said, he couldn't do it."

"Good. Because if he had, commanding officer or no, I'd have hurt him. Back to the meeting. How's Cresh-Trill going?"

"Doctor Khal thinks he should have a working prototype in a month. Which means that in a month, we'll be going to Gallinore."

"Yay," Jaina said, most unenthusiastically, then yawned. "I think I'll take a nap now."

"Go ahead. I'll be right here."

"Love you."

"I love you, too."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana

9. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    Awww! Dana that was so sweet. Not really really mushy but cute sorta-mush. Great post.

10. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    A post, a post, apost!!!!

Yayness!!!! Cool, I'm happy now.

Wait, no, I'm not. Now I have to study again :(

Write more :D

11. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh wow. I've almost forgotten about your threads. I have to start reading them again. I know I enjoyed the part that I did read. ;)

Aun

12. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY!!!!!!!!! Kyp and Jaina are so cool together :D

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Okay, guys, got a ton of posts for ya.

I love this post.

"You appear to be very happy," the solemn woman next to Jaina said.

Jaina looked at her friend. "I am. It's surprising. In the space of two months, my life has had a complete reversal. I'm happier now than I'd thought I could be."

"That is good." Tenel Ka didn't smile.

"But you're not happy," Jaina observed.

The Queen Mother sighed. "It is difficult. I . . . knew that eventually, I would have to inherit the throne. I tried to tell myself that I wouldn't, but I knew it was inevitable. Especially after my mother lost the child she had been expecting. I was the only heir. Only . . ."

"Only, what?"

"Only I'd hoped I would be older," Tenel Ka quietly admitted. "I am twenty years old. I wanted to be a Jedi. I did not want my mother to be murdered. And I did not want to . . ."

Jaina supplied, quietly, "Lose Jacen?"

"Yes."

"Well, my mother thinks Jasa is still alive, and while I'd generally not be inclined to believe her . . . Maybe she's right."

"I do not dare to hope," Tenel Ka said wistfully. "I felt him go. Jaina."

"I know. I felt you feel it," Jaina told her. "I . . . actually didn't feel it myself."

Tenel Ka's surprised grey eyes turned to her. "You did not? But why?"

"No idea. I can't feel Jacen at all. It's . . . a big empty hole inside me. I mean, I love Kyp, and he's been wonderful, but . . . It feels like a part of me is missing. Like I've lost a limb or something."

"I know the feeling," Tenel Ka said, with a quick, rare grin.

Several moments passed, then Jaina said, "Kyp and I are trying to decide, if the baby's a boy, whether we're going to name him Anakin, Jacen, or Zeth. Or something original that hasn't been, excuse me, done to death."

The queen thought for a moment. "I would say Anakin. If Jacen is alive, you would not want two of them."

"No, one's enough," Jaina said with a chuckle. "Why not Zeth?"

"There is already Zekk, and the names are close enough there could be some confusion."

"Good point. Anyway, we haven't really been thinking of names for girls, because Kyp's absolutely certain it's going to be a boy."

Tenel Ka nodded, then sighed.

"What?" Jaina asked, thinking maybe she'd annoyed her friend with her chatter.

"Oh, it is nothing much. Just that my grandmother . . . has been pushing men at me. She thinks I should take a consort."

Jaina raised a slender eyebrow. "She is, is she? Well, tell her you've got one picked, you're just waiting for him to finish his undercover infiltration of the enemy. For Force's sake, you're only twenty. You don't need to be getting married just yet. I mean, if I didn't love Kyp, or whatever, I wouldn't be married."

She laughed suddenly. "You know, I was never going to marry your father. I mean, I'm flattered that Ta'a Chume wanted me to be the Queen Mother, but . . . ick. Isolder's almost old enough to be Kyp's father. He was, what, thirty-two when he married your mother? That makes him fifty-two. Which makes him . . . Actually, no, he is old enough to be Kyp's father. Eew."

Tenel Ka smiled, very faintly.

"Anyway, I had no intention of becoming queen."

"Why settle for queen, when you could be goddess?"

The two women jumped as Kyp appeared around a bend in the garden path. Jaina smiled at the sight of her husband. He bowed to Tenel Ka, then to Jaina, the second a little lower, with a derisive smile.

"What news do you bring, mortal?" Jaina asked. "Or are you here to join in the women's talk?"

"Actually, a little of both," Kyp said, straightening. He handed her a datapad and dropped to a crouch in front of her. "You have nice ankles."

Jaina rolled her eyes, chuckling softly. "Enjoy 'em while they last, Ego Boy, 'cause they won't be nice in a couple of months."

Her eyes fastened on the words on the screen. "Oh, good, right on schedule."

"Ego Boy?" Kyp demanded.

"That's what you get for calling Jag

14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Here's more. It's short, sorry, but the next couple of posts are longer, and deal with different stuff, so I'm posting them separately.

Three weeks later

Jaina lay in the circle of Kyp's arms, in the quiet hours before dawn, and lazily reached into herself with the Force to lightly touch the child within her.

To her surprise, the tiny life was stronger than it had ever been, a brighter spark in the Force than it had been just the day before. She discovered something else about her child.

"Kyp," Jaina whispered, giving him a nudge. "Kyp, wake up."

"What?" he murmured sleepily.

She grabbed his hand and placed it on her stomach. "Congratulations, it's a boy."

Kyp's green eyes opened, a little more alert. "Really?"

"Yeah."

Kyp closed his eyes again. "Great. Come on, Jay, let's go back to sleep. We don't have to be up for two more hours."

"I know." She fitted against him and closed her eyes.

Kyp wrapped his arms around her. He kissed her temple, then murmured, "You, too, Anakin. Go to sleep."

She laughed lightly before drifting back to sleep.

Dana

15. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Yay, post number 1

Hehehe, I liked that! Poor Tenel!

16. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Jaina stood and held out her foot. "Replace my footwear, mortal, or suffer the consequences."

LOL!!!!

awwwwwwwww they are going to name him anakin. :)

Jez

17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    More.

"It's nice that we don't have to go through the process we did last time," Jaina said, glancing at Kyp, then at Lowbacca.

Kyp said wryly, "Yes, very."

Lowbacca uttered a Wookiee "uff" of agreement, though he didn't quite know to what she was refering, since what she was in fact refering to was the erasure of the Wookiee's memory.

"Here, Kyp, you take the controls," Jaina said suddenly.

Her husband looked at her, and noticed she had gone slightly green. "Sure, no problem."

Jaina jumped out of her seat and left the cockpit at a full run. Lowie looked quizzically at Kyp.

"She's pregnant," the human told him. "We're going to have a son in about six and a half months."

Lowie growled a response. Kyp eyed him, then said, "If you said congratulations, thanks."

The Wookiee laughed and nodded.

"I still don't understand you," Kyp admitted. "I know you and Jaina have been trying to teach me, but it's not sticking."

Lowie shrugged, then groaned something and pointed in the direction Jaina had gone. After Kyp looked confused, Lowie waved, then took hold of Kyp's sleeve, as if to indicate Kyp should follow Jaina.

"You want me to go with her?"

Lowie nodded.

"Okay. You'll be okay here?"

Another nod. Kyp nodded back, then patted the Wookiee's houlder as he stood.

"Thanks. If you need either of us, you know where to find us."

Kyp found Jaina in the 'fresher, splashing her face with cool water. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I thought I told you to fly."

"Um, Jay, we're in hyperspace. Granted, it's a short trip, but still. And Lowie said he'll handle it. He seemed to think I needed to take care of you."

Jaina smiled. "Good old Lowie."

Kyp took her arm and led her into the common area and sat her down at the holotable. "Do you need anything? Crackers, or some soup? Tenel Ka gave us some really nice kits for the food processor."

"I'm fine. I just need to not look at hyperspace for a while."

"Okay." Kyp sat down next to her and pulled her close.

"It's very goddess-like of me to have to run from the room and vomit at random intervals," she said drily.

"That's supposed to end soon, though, right?"

"Hopefully."

He ran his fingers through her hair. "You're tired of the goddess routine, aren't you?"

"Yeah. It was fun for a little while, but now . . . Now, except for being married to you, I want the galaxy to go back to the way it was before the Vong invaded."

"That would be nice."

Suddenly, the ship gave a slight shudder. A moment after that, Lowie howled back to them.

Jaina translated. "We're here."

Dana

18. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    "It's very goddess-like of me to have to run from the room and vomit at random intervals," she said drily. LOL [face_laugh]

there seems to be a Anakin in every generation:

Anakin Skywalker
    Anakin Solo
    Anakin Durron

Anakin durron has a nice ring it it though. :D

more soon?

~LS~

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Actually, more right now. I'm eager to finish this, 'cause I want to move on to "When The Tide Comes".

The test went surprisingly well. The scientists had constructed various versions of the weapon, based on spare devices from when Jaina and Kyp had last been to the Hapes Cluster.

For the initial test, Jaina, Kyp, and Sinsor Khal looked through a window as the device was attached to a chunk of yorik coral suspended with repulsor beamsin the centre of the room. To test the effects in atmosphere, they simply activated it. Purple-blue lightning arced crazily over the surface of the coral, turning it black and powdery. Then the device--which Jaina and the others had taken to called CTs--exploded.

"Good. It looks like it does sufficient damage in atmosphere. What would that do on a large scale?" Jaina asked.

"Provided the dovin basal can be distracted long enough for it to land on the surface of the coralskipper, we estimate it can do damage like that over roughly a third of the vessel," Khal said. "If it were activated in the front third of the vessel, there is the potential for not only the vaporization of the dovin basal, but critical damage to the viewports."

"Lovely. Now, what about vacuum?"

In a few minutes, the conditions of space had been duplicated inside the testing chamber, with a new device and chunk of coral. Not surprisingly, the lightning worked better in oxygen-rich environments, but it still worked well enough to char the coral.

"In vacuum, we estimate a quarter of the vessel would be damaged," Khal said. "To damage the viewports, it would be best to situate the CT near or on the area where the most damage is desired."

Jaina nodded, then looked at Kyp. "Good. See if you can get the damage up to thirty-three percent in vacuum, fifty percent in atmosphere."

"Yes, Major Solo."

Next post, the beginning of the saddest part of the story. :(

Dana

20. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Yay, post number 2!

Also a nice one!

Post number 3 :D

21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Um, I've already done FOUR.

But I'm perfectly willing to oblige.

"I'm liking this device," Kyp said. "It's twisted."

Jaina laughed. "I'm Yun-Harla, what do you expect?"

"True. Are you sure you want to leave Lowie here?"

"Yeah. He's ecstatic to be working on the CTs. I wouldn't be surprised if the scientists can do much better than this with him around. And the other Wookiees."

Kyp nodded. His gaze had drifted to one of the shops near the spaceport, one that specialized in jewelry. "Hey, hon, why don't you go ahead to the ship? I just spotted something I want to check out."

"Okay. But if you're not there in twenty minutes, I'm leaving without you," she joked.

He laughed and kissed her, then they parted. Jaina sauntered off, whistling under her breath the song Wes had sung at their wedding. Kyp watched her for several moments, then turned in the direction of the shop.

He was almost there when a hand tapped him on the shoulder and a voice said, "Excuse me, sir, you seem to have dropped something."

Kyp stopped and turned. "I dropped-"

The fist connected with his face, and everything went dark.

Dana

22. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    ohmy you're posting so quickly

Jez

23. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Wow 3 already!!!

More!!!

Sad?? Oh no!

24. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    4!!! Wow, hard to keep up, but I like :D

More?

25. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Last one for today. Must write more.

Jaina was just entering the Second Chance when she felt a jolt of surprise from Kyp, followed by a stab of alarm, and then nothing. Nothing at all.

She immediately ran back down the boarding ramp and out into the spaceport, headed in the direction where she'd left Kyp. She tried to keep the terror from seizing her; it was extremely difficult, because she couldn't feel Kyp at all. He was just gone.

"Kyp?" she called. "Kyp!"

The whine of a ship's engine drew her attention and she whirled around in time to see a souped-up Verpine Adventurer shoot almost straight up from somewhere within one of the docking bays, and up through the sky.

The sinking feeling in her stomach told her Kyp was onboard.

"Kyp!"

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.