"Against All Odds" (K/J) * Completed 12/19/02* --- **18 New Posts on pgs 18 & 19**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runaway_Shadow Jedi Master

star 4
    Uh oh... evil, not good at all. Who could have taken him?

Nice post more soon?

2. Crimson_Sabre Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, if history repeats itself, Anakin Durron will have between 16 and 21 years to live normally until he either dies or goes to the Dark Side.

The first Anakin was 21 when he went DS and the second was either 16 or 17 when he was killed.

Kyp was probably taken away by Colombian drug lords who needed his mind control abilities to get Congress and the White Hosue to authorize the legalization of illegal drugs like marijuana and cocaine.

Sith Lords? Kyp can handle them... well, unless they have the name Exar Kun, but Drug Lords? Not even the mighty Kyp Durron stands a chance against them.
  3. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yeah, the same drug lords who are supplying Jag over on NOTF. [face_laugh]

It's not Columbian drug lords, trust me.

Dana
  4. SpacedOutAnna Jedi Master

star 4
    No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not Kyppie!
    Ack... and all those other posts were so sweet!!

More soon! PLease?

Anna
  5. starkrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Eeeeeek! So much good stuff today! Can't wait for more.

~Mandie
  6. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    one word: uh -oh . . .

good posts . . . uhoh is she gonna to miscarry to save Kyp . . uh-oh . . .
  7. Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    Those were all posted REALLY fast :D I like :D
    "If you'll excuse me, Majesty, we must reprimand our manservant for his behaviour." *insert hysterical laughter here*
    The fist connected with his face, and everything went dark.
    Dana, we KNOW you wouldn't hurt Kyp... don't we [face_panic]
  8. padme-96 Jedi Master

star 4
    yah we got heaps of post :) and i missed them all :_|

YAH YAH YAH, have to read them latter but.
  9. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    KSOTF Of course I wouldn't hurt Kyp. In this one. [face_devil]

Master_Jaina Sorry, can't remember what combo of numbers you have after your name. Anyway . . . I can't tell you.

Dana
  10. Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Master

star 4
    OH NO!!!!!!!!!!! MY KYPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jez
  11. Jaya_Jade_Durron Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dana,
    i really love the fact that u have gotton out so many posties in such short time, please please please please dont do anything to hurt Kyp or the baby, that would be too sad, great posties and i can wait to see what happens next, keep up the good work and may we have lots of posties soon please please please
    Jaya Jade
  12. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Well, I finished the story last night. Now I just have to post the rest of it. The final thing is 197Kb. Yikes. Anyway . . .

I'm sorry, guys, but what happens in the story happens for a reason.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His head hurt. It wasn't quite as bad as that hangover he'd had, way back when--okay, just a couple of months ago--but it was bad enough that every motion made pain stab through his skull. Sight didn't matter, because he had been bound and gagged, his hands and feet tied together, and his eyes blindfolded. Apparently, they'd also drugged him, because he could only barely connect with the Force. That was bad.

Kyp groaned. What had hit him?

Suddenly, something hard slammed into his stomach, making him fold in half as the breath left his lungs.

"Quiet, scum," a harsh voice rasped. "Make another sound and I'll shove you out the airlock into hyperspace. You'll never get to see the little wifey again. 'Course, if I got anything to say about that, you'll never see her again. 'Cept just before we kill her, when she comes for you."

The man laughed. "We're going to take you to this nice little place we got set up for you, and we'll wait for Major Durron to try to fetch you back. Don't worry too much, though. We'll let you watch."

His unseen tormentor delivered another kick to Kyp's stomach, then stomped away, laughing.

Jaina, he thought. Jaina, stay away. For the sake of our child, don't come after me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana
  13. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    More Mara weirdness.

"How is she doing?" Luke asked, as Mara left Jaina's room and walked into the main sitting area of the Durron quarters. Apparently, she'd wanted to try her hand at compassion.

"She's sleeping now." Mara shook her head, her red mane sliding smoothly around her shoulders. "I couldn't get anything coherent out of her. I'm surprised she made it to Hapes in one piece, with as hysterical as she's been."

The main door slid open and Tenel Ka strode in, followed, to the Skywalkers' surprise, Zekk.

"It was the Peace Brigade," the queen said tersely. "In alliance with the Ni'Korish."

"How did you figure that out?" Luke asked.

Zekk spoke. "They sent a holo, claiming responsibility. And we finally got a match on the Adventurer. You probably aren't going to believe it."

"Did this ship, by any chance, once belong to Akanah Norand Pell, who named the ship the Mudsloth, but sold it sometime in the last ten years to finance the Kell Plath corporation, and a notorious Ni'Korish pirate bought it, renamed it, and made heavy-duty modifications to it?" Mara guessed, in an offhand manner.

Everyone stared at her, blinking. Zekk said, "Uh . . . How'd you know?"

"Lucky guess?" Mara ventured. When no one seemed to believe her, she said defensively, "C'mon, I just came up with something absurd. I heard 'Verpine Adventurer' and recalled Luke's story about the woman. I in no way stalked her."

"Yes, dear," Luke said. "And for the record, no one said you did."

"Oh."

Tenel Ka took the datapad out of Zekk's hands and handed it to Luke. "The owner of the ship is Eli'as Adarot, of Hapes," the Jedi Master read aloud. "Apparently, he strongly supported the election of Thrackan Solo as president of the Peace Brigade."

"Thrackan?" Mara exclaimed. "That reek who declared himself dictat of Corellia?"

"Isn't that Jaina's cousin, or something?" Zekk offered.

"Han's cousin, actually," Luke corrected.

There was a sound from the doorway into Jaina's room, then, "I don't care what relation he is to me. If he had anything to do with this, I'm skinning him alive with my lightsaber."

Jaina was pale, her eyes puffy and red from crying. Her brown hair hung around her in lifeless straggles. She had spent the past twenty-four hours in a semi-catatonic stupor, after making her way back to Hapes somehow and reaching her aunt and uncle.

She shuffled into the room and sank down on the sofa. "I can't sleep," she said brokenly. "I can feel him now, barely, and he's in pain. They're torturing him."

Mara dropped down next to her niece. "Can you- I hate to say this, but can you . . . cut off the connection?"

Jaina shook her head, tears spilling down her cheeks. "I can't. And I don't want to. It's my only way to know he's still alive."

"You have to think of the baby," Luke said.

"That's what I'm trying to do, letting you take care of looking for my husband," Jaina said, her voice tight with despair.

In a loud, surprised tone, Zekk demanded, "Baby?"

"I'm pregnant." Jaina wiped futilely at her cheeks with the back of her hand.

"Oh." Zekk cleared his throat. "Um. I think maybe I can look around for this Eli'as Adarot. Like I did for Bornan Thul-"

"If you end up getting Kyp killed-" Jaina began hotly, until Mara clapped a hand over her mouth.

Zekk sighed, trying not to take offense. Jaina was obviously distraught, and desperate to have Kyp back. "I'll do my best to keep him safe."

"Um," Luke murmured. "Your going out to search, appreciated as it would be, might not be necessary."

"Why?" Tenel Ka demanded.

"Gallinore Space Command recorded the vector of the ship as it left, since it didn't request clearance," Luke said. He was still studying the datapad. "Unless they're going for a short jump and a redirection . . . there's only one planet in the sector on that heading. And I've been in an Adventurer. Even modified, it only has fuel enough for travel through the sector
  14. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yet more. I'm eager to finish this.

Kyp hit the floor of the cell with a thud. He wasn't even able to stop his fall, since the feeling hadn't yet returned to his arms and he couldn't move them. At least he wasn't tied up anymore.

He lay on the cold surface, his cheek bruised from the impact, and stared at the wall. The torture sessions weren't an attempt to break him. Other than the CT program, which they didn't know about, there was nothing, really, he could give them. Besides, they hadn't asked him anything, just laughed and laughed.

He guessed, from the sliver of sense he got from the Force, that Jaina could feel him. In his weakened and drugged state, his control wasn't the same as hers. Which meant that she would most likely be able to feel him more than he could feel her. She could probably feel that they were torturing him.

The thought that he would in any way result in her torment brought tears to his eyes. They fell unheeded down his face.

Please, Jaina, don't come for me.

---------------------------

The Yuuzhan Vong warriors came for him the next morning, for a new round of torture. After they showed him what their idea of pain was, they tossed him back in his cell.

Weakly, he climbed onto the pallet in the corner and slept, dreaming of freedom, and Jaina, and their child.

----------------------------

Jaina insisted on going with to Cantona. She, Luke, and Zekk took the Lightning Rod, because, apparently, Jaina had done something to the Second Chance's hyperdrive motivators on the trip between Gallinore and Hapes. She loved her ship, but didn't want to take the time to fix her, because she wanted to get to Kyp. She loved him more than she could love a ship.

She was restless, so Luke had to put her in a light trance on the trip, so she could rest.

She dreamed of a dark cell, and pain.

Dana
  15. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    This one's short, 'cause I didn't want to post it with the really long one that comes next.

A shudder announced their arrival in Cantona's system as the Lightning Rod dropped out of hyperspace.

Jaina sat up in her chair, eagerly eyeing the purple-brown sphere as they approached it. "Certainly looks like the type of place these nerfs would pick," she muttered.

"Sensors are picking up several life-forms," Zekk said. "There are some structures towards the north, but they don't seem to be occupied. It's a complex to the south."

Jaina watched as they got closer and the buildings began to take shape. "He's here. I can feel him."

-----------------------

Kyp looked up, suddenly feeling his wife nearby. She was in-system, and headed this way.

Dana
  16. Runaway_Shadow Jedi Master

star 4
    Ohw.. oh.. oh... POSTS ;)

Yay! Weird, Mara is weird, but then again, she's always weird.

Hehehe, Zekk didn't know :D

More?
  17. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm so very, very, very sorry for this one, and the next few, guys. If I could have it any other way, I would. But as a lot of you know, you can't force a story away from the path it chooses without ending up with crap.

"He's not here!" Jaina shouted, over the wind. "It's not this building, it's the next one!"

"Are you sure?" her uncle called back.

"Very!"

The three Jedi ran across the expanse, nearly two hundred yards of dead earth between the two structures. Razor bugs and thud bugs sailed through the air at them.

Then a familiar sensation, one Jaina had dreaded for months, hoping never to feel again. A fierce, feral hunger sang through the Force, just for an instant.

Then the door of the building in which Kyp was being held opened and a sinuous black form shot out, coming to a halt with its tail whipping, eight legs jittering with excitement.

"Voxyn!" Zekk nearly screamed.

"I thought we destroyed all of these!" Jaina yelled back.

"Apparently, you didn't!" Luke shouted.

"Well, in a few minutes, this one will join the rest!" Jaina said. She held her lightsaber at high guard, then ran forward.

"Jaina, no!" Zekk cried, the howling wind tearing the words from him and sending them away from Jaina's ears. She never heard.

A sense of foreboding filling him, Luke ran after her, but dropped to the ground as the voxyn shot a stream of ichor at Jaina, which she neatly hopped over. He watched helplessly as his niece dodged the lashing, poisonous tail of the thing, purple lightsaber spinning, the sound lost in the maelstrom.

The voxyn jumped at Jaina, and she dropped and rolled, coming up with the blade of her weapon pointed straight at the beast. I'm coming, she thought to Kyp. I've just got a slight obstacle.

She was concentrating so much on the voxyn that she didn't notice the Yuuzhan Vong warrior step around a corner and fling a thud bug at her. The enemy's aim was terrible, but the bug still hit her shoulder, sending her lightsaber flying from an arm that was suddenly numb.

The voxyn sensed that she was unarmed and paused, staring at her as if it knew she had decimated its fellows. It hunkered close to the ground, and then sprang.

A brilliant green lightsaber shot through the air and sliced into the creature, tearing it from head to tail. The voxyn screamed in agony, a sharp, powerful blast that stunned Jaina; she didn't have earplugs.

As she stumbled, the Yuuzhan Vong saw his opportunity and threw another thud bug. Jaina saw Zekk's frantic movements and she whirled, but wasn't fast enough to avoid the weapon.

He'd aimed low, still unable to throw properly. The bug hit Jaina's midsection, just below her belt, and knocked her off her feet. The voxyn shot over her as she hit the ground, and it abruptly died, Luke's lightsaber, held with the Force in the "on" position, protruding from one of its eyes.

A sharp pain filled Jaina as she lay on the ground, staring up at the ominous purple sky, the wind tearing past her, pulling at her hair. But she couldn't move, stunned by both the thud bug and the voxyn's scream.

Zekk and Luke both reached her moments later, falling to their knees.

Luke began searching her for injuries. "Don't move," he said.

She tried to respond, but couldn't. She felt weak, so weak . . . Spots were dancing in front of her eyes, and she was having difficulties drawing breath.

Jaina blacked out momentarily, then a few moments later, her vision went black again.

"Sithspit," someone said nearby. Who was with her? She couldn't remember. The voice was familiar, and comforting.

"Where's the blood coming from?" another voice, male, asked. "She isn't cut- Oh, shavit! Jaina!"

By that point, she'd succumbed to the darkness.

Dana
  18. Runaway_Shadow Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_shocked]

MEANIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Runaway_Shadow Jedi Master

star 4
    You're not going to stop here... are you??

You can't so that!! Please post! I wanna know what happens!
  20. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    More.

Kyp felt Jaina nearby, heard her tell him of her "obstacle". Then he felt her fear, got the image of a voxyn, and pain slammed into him. It was so intense he fell to his knees in the tiny cell and lost the small amount of gruel he'd consumed that day.

It was as he knelt on the floor, fighting another wave of nausea, that he felt Jaina lose consciousness, and then . . . A tiny spark that had existed somewhere between himself and Jaina in their bond went out, winking into nothingness in the blink of an eye. It was ripped out, leaving a gaping wound in his soul.

Kyp Durron felt his child die.

Down the corridor, the two Peace Brigade guards on duty looked up as a wail that rivalled the wind tore through the halls. The sound was harsh, feral, a scream of agony so intense, it sent chills up their spines.

"What was that?" one of them asked the other.

"I don't know," that one replied, clearly spooked. "And I'm not about to go looking for it."

"Well, I'm not going to!"

-----------------------

Luke pushed Jaina into Zekk's arms. "Get her to the ship!"

Struggling to stand, Zekk nodded. "What about you?"

Luke held out his hand and his lightsaber shot through the air and landed in his palm. "I'm getting Kyp."

Dana
  21. Runaway_Shadow Jedi Master

star 4
    :_|

:_|

Poor Jaina... this is bad... really, really, bad!
  22. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Still more.

In his cell, Kyp threw himself at the walls, screaming, pounding futilely with his fists against the thick duracrete. Like a caged beast, he tore the mattress off the small cot in the cell and threw it. He threw the cot, as well, and then the bowl they'd served him his gruel in. He clawed until his fingertips were bloody at the wall, desperate to get out, to get to Jaina.

He didn't realise it, but the Force poured through him, whipping through the corridors, and straining the walls holding him until tiny cracks began appearing in the duracrete.

He collapsed on the floor, still screaming in anguish. Nausea threatened again, and Kyp managed to crawl to the corner before he was sick. It felt as though his stomach were trying to escape through his throat.

Curled into a fetal position on the cold floor, he closed his eyes. He couldn't see, anyway, for all the tears that fell.

Suddenly, there was the all-too-familiar sound of a lightsaber, muffled by the wall and the wind, but recognizable nonetheless. Moments later, the wall began to turn molten as a green beam of light shot through the duracrete.

Seconds after that, a human-sized oval fell outwards, and Luke Skywalker walked into the cell.

The older Jedi had a fleeting urge to say, "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you." But this wasn't the time or place for that.

Luke grabbed Kyp under the arms and began dragging him towards the hole in the wall. He reached out with the Force and levitated the insensate man over the rubble and into relative freedom.

The Lightning Rod shot past, executed a tight turn, and dropped to the ground, the ramp lowering. Luke hauled Kyp aboard and the ramp closed behind them.

"Jaina needs you. I'm not going to say everything will be okay, because, honestly, I think she's bleeding to death," he told Kyp, and without a word, Kyp went to his wife.

Dana
  23. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yet still more. :D

He sat on the floor of the cockpit of the Lightning Rod, holding his wife wrapped in a blanket, feeling her life slowly slipping through his hands.

Kyp had done what he could to put Jaina in a healing trance, and he lent her his strength, but he could feel her fading. He wasn't a healer, and he didn't know what to do.

They were still on their way out of the system's gravity well, pursued by only a scattering of coralskippers, when the Rebel Dream dropped out of hyperspace. It hailed them immediately.

"Lightning Rod, this is Rebel Dream. We thought you might need assistance." Never had anyone aboard the Lightning Rod been happier to hear the voice of Wedge Antilles.

"Rebel Dream, this is Lightning Rod," Zekk said, his voice tight with worry. "We do need assistance. Actually, we need an emergency medical team, Cilghal, and about three tanks' worth of bacta."

"Acknowledged, Lightning Rod. Dock in Hangar Seven. I believe Cilghal, and Jaina's family are gathered there already. A med team has been dispatched."

"Thank you, General." Zekk angled his ship for the docking bay.

Dana
  24. Runaway_Shadow Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow!!!! That was intense!!!

She's gonna be okay, right?

RIGHT?
  25. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    MORE!!! You guys sick of this yet, or should I continue?

In the end, it was Jag Fel who saved Jaina's life.

By the time Cilghal got the bleeding stopped, Jaina had slipped into a coma. She had lost so much blood that multiple transfusions were required, but the Rebel Dream had had a limited supply, and they ran out before the procedure was finished.

When Jag Fel heard the news, he stood up in the middle of the meeting he was in, went to the infirmary, and rolled up his sleeve.

"I'm Jaina's blood type," he told Cilghal quietly. "Take what you need."

At Jaina's bedside, holding her pale hand in his, Kyp looked up. Jag caught his eye, and the younger man nodded. Kyp felt a rush of tears at the man's generosity, and had to look away.

Dana
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.