main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Against All Odds" (K/J) * Completed 12/19/02* --- **18 New Posts on pgs 18 & 19**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWMara

SWMara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    :eek: Wow, Dana! This was great! All I can say is that I'm very very impressed be the last few posts!
    The breakup and Jaina's and Jag's reactions were almost exactly like I would've imagined and the line "Do you still love me?" was just perfect... Again, wow!!!
    Hope you'll be back soon...

2. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I can't wait that long!

3. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    I just had to come back and say again how great this story is! I think it's hounting me... :)

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm back! And I feel bad, because instead of writing more on "Not Of This Fold", I started YET ANOTHER STORY. It's an interesting one, based on a few what-ifs, like, what if Kyp had never turned to the dark side? What if the Yuuzhan Vong hadn't invaded the galaxy? You'll have to wait for that one, 'cause I'm not posting it until I've finished at least one of the current three.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyp held Jaina in his arms, as he'd dreamed of doing for so long, and knew he would never be able to let her go. "Shh," he whispered. "It's okay."

"I'm so stupid," she cried softly. "I screwed up so badly."

"No, you didn't. The only one who screwed up was Jag," he said to the top of her head. "He put promises to a dead woman above you, and that was his mistake."

"How did you know about that? Why he left?" she asked, her words muffled by his shirt.

"I heard the argument," he told her. He stroked her hair, smoothing it from its disarray. The brown strands were soft under his fingers, and Kyp revelled in the feel of touching even just this much of her.

Her crying slowed and turned into hiccups. "I was so scared that you were going to leave. But I didn't think about why."

Kyp was surprised, but didn't say anything other than, "Oh?"

"On Borleias. And more recently."

"I won't leave. I couldn't if I wanted to. I'd rather tear my heart out of my chest with my bare hands than leave you."

Jaina pulled back and saw the love in his eyes, bare and vulnerable, so unlike anything she'd seen in their green depths before. "How can you love me, after what I did?"

He shrugged. "I just do. I don't have much of a choice in the matter."

"Then you never lost interest in me?" she asked in a small voice.

"Never."

"Why did you pretend?" Jaina was confused.

Kyp thought for a long moment. He'd dreaded this moment. "Because . . . then Jag would stop tormenting me. And maybe . . . maybe if I said it enough, I could make it true. Make losing you easier."

"Cutting ties?"

"Watching you walk away from me." He touched her face, gently. "Jaina, if you're here because you want consolation, or to use be for a rebound, I want you to go back to your room, because I can't take that."

Mutely, she shook her head. "I realised something tonight, that I've been fighting for a long time. I was working very hard to avoid what was right in front of me. First I thought it was Zekk. Then I thought it was Jag, but . . . It's you. It's always been you. And I'm terrified at the thought of losing you."

Jaina took a shaky breath. "I love you, and I'm an idiot. Can you forgive me?"

"Say that again," he breathed, stunned by her admission.

"Will you forgive me?"

"Already done. But no, what you said before that?"

"I'm an idiot?"

"Jaina."

She smiled, briefly. "I love you. That? I'll say it again. I love you."

He studied her face for long, agonising seconds. Then he bent his head and kissed her forehead. Jaina lifted her face, but he didn't kiss her mouth, not yet.

Drawing her with him, Kyp sat on the edge of his bed and guided her to sit on his lap. He kissed the tears from her cheeks, pressing his lips to her closed eyelids.

He felt her tense in anticipation. He pulled back. "Jaina."

She opened her eyes. "What?"

"I won't leave. I'm in this for as long as you'll have me. Until death. Just like you said on Borleias. No running away. No lying. No backing out of the Force link. Starting right now."

There were tears in her eyes. "'Til death."

Then he placed his hands on either side of her face, drinking in every detail. Her lips parted as she gazed back at him, lost in his eyes.

Then he kissed her.

She gave a little gasp. He pressed closer and she melted into him, looping her arms around his neck. Kyp slid one hand into her hair and used the other to pull her full against him.

Jaina felt every nerve ignite and her blood turn molten as his mouth slanted over hers. She'd been kissed before, but this was like nothing she had experienced.

5. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I decided I couldn't just leave THAT hanging.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Under the robe, Jaina had on silky, light green pyjamas. He thought they were almost better than anything she could have been wearing, up to and including nothing.

He hadn't been prepared for that answer, even with their minds linked as they were. Jaina sensed his sudden apprehension.

Kyp had honestly thought she would have chosen turbolift number one, but she'd gone for number two. And he realised that while he wanted her to stay as much as he wanted to draw his next breath, he didn't want it here, like this.

She felt this line of thought, but asked anyway. "What's wrong?"

"Wait," he said.

Jaina paused with her fingers on the first fastener of her shirt. "What?"

"Let's wait, anyway. I don't want to wait. You know that." He laughed nervously. "But I feel like if we didn't wait, I'd be taking advantage of you, and . . ."

She nodded. "This isn't the right place. Or time."

He shook his head. "No, it's, um . . ."

"Jag and I never . . . got carried away." The truth of her words was on the surface of her mind, as if written on her face.

"I'm very glad to hear that, Goddess." Kyp smiled. "But it's not that."

He pulled her to sit beside him. "If we do get carried away, I don't want it to be like this. I want it to be special."

"Okay," she said quietly, understanding. "But I'm still not leaving."

"I wouldn't dream of it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana

6. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    Ohhhhhh... No fun for Kyp and Jaina yet? :(
    To be honest I thought there would be some more problems to overcome before they really ended up together, but I'm curious what you'll think up next. :)
    How long do you think will this fic be?

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I think the transition was a little abrupt, but that's the way the characters took it. There are some things they have to deal with in the near future, including the abruptness of their getting together.

It's probably going to be pretty long. Can't say for certain. There's a lot more to come.

Dana

8. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    All right, that sounds good to me! :)

9. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Oh...wow...

This was really nice

Me going to re read the last posts ;)

10. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Great stuff, Dana!! :D I'm kind of glad they waited, or else things could have gotten really weird! :p Can't wait to read more! :)

Jae Angel

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyp drifted out of sleep, not at all surprised to find his arm around Jaina as she slept, snuggled close to him, her back to his chest. In repose she looked younger, the last several, harsh years falling away. It made him feel a little old, knowing that she'd been three when he was barely eighteen. Now she was nineteen, he almost thirty-five. But he vowed that age would not be a factor between them. Love was blind to such matters.

Jaina woke feeling achy but content. She stretched, feeling luxurious despite the cramped, single-person bed.

Kyp's arm tightened around her briefly. His lips brushed the place just behind her ear. "Good morning, Goddess."

"Same to you, mortal."

The sleepcouch shook with his laughter. Jaina rolled over, careful not to fall off the bed.

"This is different," she said quietly.

"It should be," he replied.

"I know. It's just that I still feel bad about Jag leaving, and I miss him. But this feels right."

He pressed his lips to her forehead. Sensing she needed to speak, express her thoughts, he didn't respond.

"I still don't understand why he left. But I have you, and I'm so grateful. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you."

She stopped, smiled ruefully. "I suspect I'd go crazy."

"I think you could manage. But I'm not going anywhere without you."

"When you were avoiding me on Borleias, you were going to leave. Why? When?"

Kyp sighed. He rested his head next to hers on the pillow, their noses touching. "I knew you were probably going to get more serious, and . . . if something happened- What I'm trying to say is, I was trying to make it hurt less if you married him, or something like that. Because I can't stand the thought of you in his arms the way I want you in mine."

"But you decided to stay."

"I stayed because you wanted me to stay. And I had a better chance of getting you to love me if I stayed. Besides, you said on Borleias that the face you and I have a relationship was painful to Jag, and as much as I like the kid, any chance to give him grief was too good a chance to pass up. It's the petty male in me."

Jaina leaned back, something of outrage on her face. Kyp chuckled.

"Goddess, you should know me by now. Don't act so surprised." He kissed her, slow and lingering. "Now, I think ou should go back to your quarters and get dressed, because people are going to be up soon, and I don't feel like explaining you spending the night in my bed to Mara and Luke."

"You're right." Jaina sighed and sat up, her hair dishevelled.

"You look fetching with your hair like that," he said with a sudden grin.

Grinning back, she retorted, "I fetch nothing."

He levered himself upright and leaned forward to kiss her. She sighed and briefly fell against him. Laughing, he pushed her back up. "Go. Really."

She started to get up, then paused. "Kyp? Thank you for last night. For waiting. As much as I want to, I think I would have regretted it this morning."

He shifted to sit beside her. "I don't want to give you any more reasons to resent me."

She kissed his cheek. "This doesn't change the fact that I'm your commanding officer. You still have to do everything I say."

"Everything?" he asked, with a suggestive look.

Jaina poked him. "You know what I mean."

Kyp grinned and kissed her again. "Naturally."

"This is going to be hard finding time with each other." She sighed. Then she brightened. "I just remembered. Sharr and Piggy suggested that I get a . . . porter. Someone who would carry my things for me and all of that. Since I'm a goddess and shouldn't have to work."

"And?"

"Well, I tried to get Jag to be my sevant, since I was trying to annoy him, and he refused. But he suggested it would help my goddess persona if I had you, the infamous Jedi Master and destroyer of worlds as my personal servant. I just realised I never asked you."

"What would this entail?" Kyp asked suspiciously.

"Carrying things for me. Fetching things or people, and gene

12. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    "Since I'm a goddess and shouldn't have to work." [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

13. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hehe, silly goddess and her man-slave!! :p Great stuff! :D

Jae Angel

14. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    As always very very good.

I can't wait for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Hmm, let's see, I usually post about three updates a day, and I've been gone for . . . five days, roughly, so . . . Ah, that means I need to post fifteen sections on each story today to make up for lost time . . . :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twin Suns Squadron met in their private lounge to eat breakfast. There were three tables set up, and each usually sat four, with the longer table in the middle, set out so Jaina had one end to herself, with Jag and Kyp usually at the other end, with either Sharr Latt or Piggy.

Today, Kyp, Sharr, and Piggy sat at the table. Colonel Fel was conspicuously absent. Her tacticians sat facing each other, and Kyp sat opposite Jaina.

"I'm immensely glad to see you feeling better, Great One," Sharr was saying. Today, he was dressed in a pink-orange shirt and a green vest trimmed in gold, with dark purple pants. "Your displeasure with Colonel Fel made the rest of us fear for-"

"Stow it, Drama Boy," she growled.

Kyp smiled, but quickly smothered it.

Jaina tried to keep from smiling back. Forcing a serious expression, she said, "I have chosen a personal servant to see to my needs."

Sharr looked at Kyp, then at Jaina. Jerking a thumb in the Jedi Master's direction, he said, "Him, right?"

She gave a small nod. "From now on, he'll act as my personal messenger, Piggy, which means you can devote more time to doing what you do best. As my servant, and since Kyp's my second-in-command, he's to be included in all tactical meetings from now on."

Kyp's green eyes went wide, but he managed to cover his surprise nicely a fraction of a second later. "As you wish, Goddess," he said.

Piggy looked at Jaina, then Kyp, and back. "Of course," he said in his metallic voice, "what needs he'll see to are your business."

Jaina choked on her caf. She glanced to see that Kyp seemed amused with her discomfort. "You're right. It's none of your business." But her hand shook as she set down her mug. Could they tell? Did they know?

Not if you pretend they aren't bothering you, a voice in her head said. They'll only be suspicious if you give them something to suspect.

She looked sharply at Kyp, who now looked solemn.

Her comlink beeped. With a sigh, she pulled it out. "Yes?" she asked, in a voice as serene and imperious as she could.

"Great One, this is Colonel Celchu. General Antilles requests the presence of yourself and your advisors in a meeting ten minutes from now, please."

Jaina nodded, though Tycho Celchu couldn't see it. Again with the polite requests. "Thank you, Colonel. Tell General Antilles we'll be there."

She put the comlink back in her pocket and picked up the remains of her muffin. Then she stood. Everyone else stood. Resisting the urge to roll her eyes, she said, "At ease. Return to your breakfasts. Sharr, Piggy, Kyp, follow me."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana

16. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    LOL! That was good. Me like this posts!

Awaits more posts

17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Last post for today, 'cause I gotta run.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedge Antilles looked up when Tycho opened the door. "General," the blonde officer said. "Lieutenant Solo is here to see you."

"Thank you."

Jaina walked into the general's office, followed by Kyp Durron, Sharr Latt, and Piggy. Something about Jaina seemed different today. He was relieved to see she didn't appear to be in the semi-catatonic state in which she'd existed since his nephew had left.

"Good morning, Great One," he said, standing. Once Jaina was seated, he returned to his chair. "I've called this meeting to discuss the recent departure of Colonel Jagged Fel, who has been flying under your command."

Kyp glanced at Jaina as he felt her tense. He sent her reassurance as best he could.

"Yes, General? What aspects do you wish to discuss?" Jaina sounded calm, perfectly cool.

The general eyed her for several moments, then glanced at her advisors. "Tell me, please, Lieutenant. Did you authorise his absence?"

"No, General, I did not. Colonel Fel left without my authorisation." Jaina reached out for Kyp, feeling the gentle, calming presence.

"I see. And as his commanding officer, what course of action would you prefer to take? I have spoken with Colonel Fel during his several attempts to speak with you since his arrival in Chiss space. He has expressed a desire to return to his position in Twin Suns Squadron."

Jaina's expression was solemn. "I want the colonel dismissed from Twin Suns Squadron, and another pilot brought in. If you have use for him somewhere else, General, feel free to do so, but I prefer if he were transfered away from Twin Suns Squadron."

"That is your choice." Wedge was disturbed, but didn't speak. Obviously, Jag had hurt her very much, and this was her way of striking back. It was also very effective. "Consider it done. Do you have a replacement in mind?"

She nodded firmly. "Zekk, a Jedi Knight currently here on board. He is a very good pilot, and also has experience as a bounty hunter, trained unofficially by Boba Fett."

Tycho glanced sharply at Wedge, then both men started to grin.

"A Jedi with bounty hunter training," Wedge repeated. "I believe we can work with that."

Jaina smiled. "Good."

"Locate this Zekk, ask him if he'll join Twin Suns. As soon as he accepts, it will be official." Wedge nodded to Tycho.

Several more items were discussed, then they all stood. Then the general said, "It's good to see you feeling better, Jaina, and I'm sorry about Jag."

She looked at him for a moment, then smiled. "Things change, General. It's just one of those things you have to get used to."

Twin Suns Squadron left the general's office, and the two former members of Rogue Squadron looked at each other.

"Something's different about her," Wedge said.

"I noticed," Tycho offered. "And Durron seemed different, as well. He didn't say a word, but there's something going on, and I'd like to know what."

"It's her business," Wedge said.

But he felt uneasy, and was very curious.

Dana

18. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Yay Yay Yay...me like this!

19. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    This is a great story Dantana!
    The scary thing is... I can really see it happening, just like that!

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think Zekk is a good choice," Kyp murmured as they left General Antilles' office. "I know Jag said he wasn't very good, but I've seen him fly."

"I don't put much stock into Colonel Fel's opinions anymore," Jaina said quietly. "I've been thinking this morning, and it hit me during our meeting with Wedge that the whole reason I've been interested in Jag and Zekk is because they have dark hair and green eyes."

"Are you saying it was a subconscious reaction to the fact they both somewhat resemble me?" Kyp joked.

She blinked, then said, "Actually, yeah, that's what I was thinking."

"Hmm."

"Oh, no," Jaina said, with a small sigh.

"What?"

"Zekk. This is gonna kill him."

"Maybe. All pilots have to face that possi-"

Jaina put her hand on his arm. "No, Kyp. He's in love with me. He's been holding out longer than you have. Up until the Vong invaded, we were sort of . . . an item. Sort of."

He reached out to touch her hair. "If he loves you, Goddess, he'll understand."

"Jag didn't," she breathed. "I didn't really think about it, but I think he was trying to drive you away, under the pretense of attempting to get you to stay with the squadron."

"Are you sure?"

Jaina nodded. "He was raised under the ideology of Grand Admiral Thrawn, who was the master at manipulating people."

"That's true." Kyp frowned. "Do you think he was manipulating you?"

"I honestly can't say. If he was, he was better at it than you." She gave him a brief grin.

The Jedi Master grinned ruefully. Something in that smile made something in Jaina's stomach do somersaults.

"You got me," he said. "I may be reckless and outspoken, but I'm not much of a conman."

"I'm glad, because I like you when you're honest." She sighed. "We need to tell Zekk."

"We need to tell your parents," Kyp responded. "And your aunt and uncle."

She suddenly looked stricken. "Oh, no. I don't think Mom is going to like this at all. Or Dad. Or Aunt Mara. I don't know about Uncle Luke . . ."

"Relax, Goddess. We'll handle it, okay?" Kyp briefly glanced around the corridor, checking for people who might be watching, and kissed her softly. "We're what matters. It doesn't matter if they approve or not, though that would be extremely helpful. As long as we love each other, we'll be okay."

"I know." She smiled. "It still doesn't make me any more eager to face the wrath of Han."

"Mara's the only who's likely to get murderous," Kyp pointed out. "And your uncle keeps her calm. Most of the time. If we can tell her without me getting killed, or seriously injured, we can handle your parents."

Jaina grinned. "Only if Dad doesn't have a blaster with him."

He suddenly looked terrified.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure he checks it at the door. Now, let's find Zekk and ask him to fly with us. And on the way, we can figure out how to tell him about us."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana

21. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    And the plot thickens.

LOL, that's gonna be a fun scene if Han has his lightsaber with him...

Post more soon!

22. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Here's some more. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaina found Zekk in Hangar Bay Seven, working on his personal freighter, the Lightning Rod. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was his, and he'd inherited it from the only real father figure he'd ever had, a man named Peckhum.

She stood for several minutes, just watching him, before he noticed her. He was her oldest friend, since he was eight and she five, both of them running wild on Coruscant despite her parents' best efforts to keep Jaina and Jacen in their apartment whenever they were home. It hadn't worked.

She couldn't remember now how they had met. The memory was lost to time and circumstance, nothing more now than a vague impression, a pretext to all of the adventures they had had over the years.

There had been a time when she'd wished he thought of her they way she knew now that he did. The sixteen-year-old Jaina Solo had wanted to be more than friends with Zekk, had wanted him to kiss her the way Jag had once kissed her. The way Kyp kissed her now.

Belatedly sensing her presence, Zekk looked up and smiled. "Jaina. I mean, Great One. Hi."

"Hi. Fixing up the old hunk of junk, huh?" she asked with a smile.

There was caution in his emerald green eyes, but also genuine pleasure at seeing her. "I don't have much else to do, so I figured I'd finetune all of her systems, maybe get new starcharts in her computers. What's up?"

"Let's talk in there," she said, gesturing to the ship.

"Okay."

Once they were inside the ship, standing in the hold while Zekk rummaged through a tool kit, Jaina stuck her hands in the pockets of her flightsuit. "You probably know Jag Fel left. So there's an opening in Twin Suns Squadron. I was wondering if you'd be interested in flying an X-wing."

Zekk straightened, the hydrospanner he'd been holding falling to the floor with a clatter. "Are you serious? I thought you didn't think I was a very good pilot."

"That was Colonel Fel, not me," she pointed out. "I've seen your flying. You won the Derby at Ord Mantell."

"That doesn't mean much when you got twenty-seven minutes at Lando's Folly."

"And Kyp Durron flew the Maw with his eyes closed. Big deal. Kyp and I both agree that you're good enough for Twin Suns. And you're a Jedi."

"Wow. Durron's opinion means so much to me." Zekk rolled his eyes.

"He's my second-in-command," Jaina reminded him. "And he's been flying since you were five. I trust his opinion of other pilots' skills. So, are you in, or are you out?"

He looked at her for several moments, then nodded. "I'm in. I mean, as long as I don't have to, you know, join the military or something."

"Not for Twin Suns," she told him. "I only joined so I could fly with Rogue Squadron."

Zekk shook his head, dark ponytail swinging. "I still can't believe it. Jaina Solo, a veteran of Rogue Squadron. In charge of your own squadron."

"Yeah, yeah." She grinned sheepishly. "Well, anyway, you're officially Twin Suns Three as soon as we talk to General Antilles. And that means that from now on, you get special treatment."

He laughed. "Like what?"

"Nice quarters in the Twins area. Non-galley meals. A brand-new X-wing. Access to the squadron's private hangar and lounge. Stuff like that."

"Any pay?"

"Practically negligible, considering our resources. I figure food, water, and a place to sleep are pretty good compensation. It's not like there's much to buy anywhere, with all the good stores taken out by the Vong."

He nodded. They sat in silence for several moments, then Zekk said, "Jaina, I'm really sorry about Jag."

"It's okay. I knew deep down that he wouldn't stay forever."

He hesitated, then said, haltingly, "If there's anything you need, or if you just want to talk, or something . . ."

Jaina smiled, a little wistfully. "Actually, there is something I'd like to talk to you about. I, uh . . . We've been friends since we were really little. And I know a couple of years ago, we were kind of . . . a thing."

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Here. Have more post. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaina glanced up as Kyp entered her office. He'd pulled his hair back into a ponytail, drawing attention to his sculpted features. She found herself simply staring at him, watching as he moved across the room and flopped gracefully into one of the three chairs facing her desk. The third chair was new, just added that day.

He'd always been one for a dramatic entrance, and to her, this was no exception. Somehow, the Jedi Master made the most ordinary actions seem fluid and vaguely cat-like. And he had a way of wearing clothing that made her think thoughts that turned her cheeks pink.

Kyp raised an ebony brow, one corner of his supple lips lifting in accord, as he felt her thought through their bond. In response, he pictured her in the red dress she'd worn on Hapes, and recalled the way he'd reacted to the sight.

A hot flush blossomed on Jaina's face.

The door slid open and Sharr Latt ducked in. He looked at Jaina, who was blushing furiously, and then at Kyp, who had rapidly reassembled his features into a calm, serene expression. Sharr clearly looked suspicious, but didn't ask.

Piggy followed a few moments later, and by that time, Jaina had regained her composure. She nodded for her advisors to sit down.

"We've done fairly well since abandoning Borleias," she began. "But we need more tricks. We've messed with the gravitic signatures in various ways, but if we keep up with that, they'll quit trusting their sensors. They'll become more cautious. I want to make them reckless. How can we do that?"

"Reckless and panicked," Kyp amended. "So they're even more confused and disorganised when we taken out their yammosk."

She gave a brief nod in his direction. "Exactly. We've got shadow bombs, and we pulled that lovely deception with the missle during the evacuation. The gravitic markers were fine when I was flying the Trickster, but I'd like to think of a way to expand on those. Incorporate some of that for the other squadron members, who aren't Jedi."

Sharr thought for several moments. "We want to keep them on their toes."

"Supernatural dread," Jaina reminded him.

Piggy cocked his head to the side, then said in his mechanical voice, "A goddess would have abilities beyond those of her subjects. Appropriate for a Jedi."

"What are you thinking, Piggy?" Jaina asked, leaning forward.

"Force lightning," he said. "Or, rather, an imitation."

Sharr sat up straighter. "If we could produce something that looked like Force lightning, and acted like it, but wasn't channeled by the dark side-"

"Something remote," Kyp cut in. "Something that could be sent out, like the gravitic markers, and triggered from one of our people, or more than one. Slap it on the side of the skip, push a button, and the skip's fried by Force lightning."

Jaina nodded, sitting back in her chair. "Rig the device with a little detonator, like Sharr suggested a while back, and they'll probably never be able to figure it out."

"This is even something that can be incorporated into all of the X-wings," Piggy said. "Anyone can trigger the lightning, and given that you, we're assuming, Great One, are the only Jedi they really know of that has used Force lightning against them, they would credit it to you."

She grinned. "I like it. I like it very much."

Won't everyone think you've slipped back to the dark side?

Jaina jerked, startled, and glanced at Kyp. Stop that, Durron. Speak out loud for a bit. I'm not used to this yet.

He nodded, then spoke his concern aloud.

"They might," Jaina admitted. "But not if we explain to the people who would worry. Or care. Namely my parents, General Antilles, Colonel Celchu, Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara. Other Jedi."

The ship shuddered violently, signalling an abrupt, unexpected departure from hyperspace. Then, alarms stared blaring.

Jaina sighed and stood. "Kyp, you're my wing."

"As always, Goddess."

Simple words, but they made her feel safe, even

24. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Holy wow! I've been gone for jsut an hour and see what happens!

*Goes to read the posts!*

25. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Eh. I'm on here a while, no one's posting much of anything, I get bored, thus, I post. :)

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.