main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Against Fate (Obi/ Ani/Palpatine- post TPM, AU) -LAST POST #64- 9/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ROGUE_49, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks TK. That means a lot to both of us I know. And I love to see what parts people like to point out as significant moments that popped out at them while they were reading.

I hope that I made up for my lengthy absence on Echoes.... ;)

And like I said over there, Thanks so very much for the plug! hehe- I just hope that you have better luck in advertising than me cause these boards relaly are very empty right now, so picking people up by advertising is going to be the only really way to get readers. Patience, right TK?

-Rogue

2. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I hope he'll train Ani! Say, where is Ani anyway? UP!!!

3. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    dp- where is Ani anyway?

Oh, don't worry, he's up to something.
    [face_mischief]

Thanks for reading.

-Rogue

4. BrassyDarth03

BrassyDarth03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2003
    I doubt that even I could single-handedly hunt down a Sith and dispatch him with a simple swing of my ?saber.?

[face_laugh] Too funny-I can see where this can be semi-ironic. Even though Obi-Wan sparred with Darth Maul for a tad, he killed him with a single swipe. Of course, the circumstances were a little different but, it still struck me very funny.

?You?re always sleeping when I come to visit you.?

The sleepy Knight mumbled something incoherent into the jumbled bedding.

?I love to see you too.?

I love the sparring between these two. Bant adds so much personality to Obi-Wan. Can you picture Bant outside the medical room and out in the field. Watching her, Obi-Wan, and Anakin(especially together) would be a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. :D

?I don?t care! If they send you on another suicide mission, Yoda?s going to feel what it?s like to be smacked with that old gimer stick of his,? she threatened.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

By far my favorite line. Try to picture it in my mind is very interesting. The thought is almost unthinkable-YODA! Half of me would want him to get hit just to see his reaction. [face_devil]
    Man, Bant is such a fire cracker! Just what Obi-Wan needs!!! Maybe the Jedi manuevered her into the medical room to tame her.

A nasty glint shown in her eye. ?Tie you down.?
    WOW! Yep-a fire cracker. I would want her on my side. You had fun with this line--nasty glint! [face_mischief]

Great Post! ;) Keep them coming!! [face_laugh] I wish that the movies would capture some of this personality of Obi-Wan. Can't wait for Anakin to appear again especially when they start training. Makes me writhe wih depraved exciement. [face_devil]TENSION!!!

5. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Patience ;)

6. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    I'm not a patient horse, dolphin, orca, snake, bear, and star wars freak. ;)

7. Halcyon03

Halcyon03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    Ooo! I have to take this opportunity to promote my other story. It's a Jedi Purge viggie, PLEASE check it out!

Here's the site:
    Shutting Off the Sun

Any and all feedback is welcome!
    :D

8. BrassyDarth03

Feb 24, 2003
  9. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks again Nick, and UP again!

I think since we posted so many posts on page one, we'll wait for some new readers to pop in and the post will go up on the next page. So maybe you guys can spread the word among your buds? We'd really appreciate it.

-Rogue

10. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Here's a Sunday morning UP, before Halcyon and I leave for church. Hmm... not really sure when the next post will go up. I think we should wait for a few more "ups", hehe! 8-}

~Rogue~

11. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Evilness! Dont leave us waiting!

12. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
  13. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    I'M CRYING WITHOUT A NEW POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Alright, alright.

We're trying a new strategy- put more posts up and maybe once there's more to it, more people will find it worth checking out.

Therefore- new post!

-Rogue

15. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002

The dust swirled around them as Obi-Wan looked up at his master. ?Why do I sense we?ve picked up another pathetic life-form?? he teased.

?It?s the boy who is responsible for getting us these parts,? Qui-Gon responded in a reprimanding tone.

~~~

?Obi-Wan Kenobi, meet Anakin Skywalker,? a breathless Qui-Gon introduced.

A light shown in the dusty slave boy?s eyes, and Obi-Wan could sense that he was indeed strong in the Force. Despite his reluctance at having picked up another passenger, he couldn?t help but smile when the Anakin piped up excitedly, ?Hi! You a Jedi too? Pleased to meet you!?

~~~

?The boy is dangerous!? Obi-Wan exclaimed in frustration. ?They all sense it. Why can?t you??

?His fate is uncertain. He?s not dangerous,? Qui-Gon snapped back. ?The Council will decide Anakin?s future. That should be enough for you. Now get on board,? he ordered.

The Padawan turned away, hurt by the cold dismissal in his master?s voice. He briefly considered going back to apologize, but when he looked back, Qui-Gon was already busy speaking with Anakin. Angry, Obi-Wan stormed up the boarding ramp.

~~~

?Padawan, it is too late...?

?No!?

?Promise me... you will train the boy. He is the Chosen One.? Qui-Gon faltered. ?He will bring balance. Train him.?

Choking back a sob as he cradled his dying master?s head, Obi-Wan promised with a violent shake of his head, ?Yes, Master.?

~~~

Anakin?s bright eyes gazed hopefully up at Obi-Wan, searching for an answer, assurance...

?Dwell on Qui-Gon?s death, you should not.?

Startled out of his meditation, Obi-Wan found himself beneath the knowing gaze of Master Yoda. ?I am not dwelling on his death, Master. I am merely reflecting on the many lessons he has left me with.? Lessons, and responsibilities, he added to himself, rising from his position before one of the Temple gardens? many beautiful fountains.

?Yes, many lessons did Qui-Gon leave behind. And with those lessons, also, responsibilities.? Yoda nodded wisely, leaning on his ancient gimer stick.

Obi-Wan blinked, surprised to hear his own thoughts spoken aloud. He quickly recovered from his momentary astonishment and looked hard at the Jedi Master. ?You refer to Anakin.? It wasn?t a question.

Yoda?s only answer was yet another knowing smile, and Obi-Wan felt frustration well within him. ?We?ve already had this discussion, Master Yoda, and I haven?t changed my mind.? It was true. The night of Qui-Gon?s funeral on Naboo, Yoda had officially granted him Knight status and informed him of the Council?s decision to allow Anakin?s training.

?Agree with this decision, I do not. Much fear do I sense in the boy. However, if trained he must be, then his master you must be. Foreseen this I have,? Yoda had concluded demandingly.

?Listen to me then you did not.? Yoda stamped his gimer stick, breaking into Obi-Wan?s thoughts. ?Listen now, you will! Anakin, your Padawan, is meant to be!?

Something within Obi-Wan rebelled at Yoda?s insistent demand. ?But I have no connection with the boy,? Obi-Wan practically shouted, managing to startle a flock of birds from a bush nearby. He lowered his voice, pleading for understanding. ?Please, Master. I was just Knighted. I?m not ready for a Padawan!?

?So sure of yourself are you. Much like Qui-Gon was before choose you as his apprentice he did.?

The Knight nodded inwardly, conceding the point, though unwilling to give in completely. Qui-Gon had always been stubborn, and if anything, Obi-Wan was proud to carry on this trait of his master?s. However, there had been times when Qui-Gon?s dogmatism had been a serious source of frustration for young Obi-Wan, especially as an initiate. He had often struggled prove himself to the prominent Jedi Master, fervently hoping that Qui-Gon would take him as his Padawan learner. The Master had made it quite clear that the last thing he wanted was another failure of an apprentice.

Of course, some apprentice I turned out to be. Perhaps, if Qui-Gon had not changed

16. Rogue27

Rogue27 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Kodos on your story. It is wonderful! i have been reading and haven't found time to reply.
    *Yoda cocked his head to the side*
    That makes me laugh. it is just a funny image in my head....Keep up the great work...and Em i am heading over to read you viggie!

17. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Nice post again. I love how you show the struggle Obi-Wan has with accepting responsibility for his master's death. Even thought we all know it was not his fault, there would definitely be some there. Did I see a hint of a personal agenda on Obi-wan's part? Perhaps going after the Sith?

Can't wait to see. Keep up the good work! The visions from the past were heartbreaking, showing the terrible last days between Obi-wan and his master. There was a lot of strife there over old Ani, maybe a little jealousy too?

18. BrassyDarth03

Feb 24, 2003
    Much foreshadowing in this story there is!! [face_mischief] Obi-Wan's frustration I share!!!

Once again a fabulous post. I love Yoda! I hate to say that in a respect he is kinda like comic relief and the most inspiartional character all in one. Of course, I suppose he is inspirational in his own way. Maybe inspirational is not the right word? LOL- kinda the all-knowing grandfather figure.

But I have no connection with the boy.

Yeah sure!!! How ironic. I think it is funny how Obi-wan and Anakin are so similar yet each believe they are so different. So stubborn!

I like the attribution of the stuborness to Qui-Gon. Kind of the tragic flaw!

Hmmm...alot of foreshadowing in the end!!

I have other responsibilities to attend to, other plans, my own mission.?

Whoa...what mission??? Personal vandetta??? He kinda hinted it to Bant too. Wow!! Keep this up!!

19. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    wow you really got me coming back for more!

I hope we see some ani obi scenes soon!

UP!

20. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    I LOVE IT! KEEP GOING!

21. Halcyon03

Halcyon03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    R29- Thanks!

...and Em i am heading over to read you viggie!

Hmm... I'm guessing you didn't get there. 8-} At least, you haven't responded yet! Are you lurking, KC? Shame on you! :D Maybe you just got distracted...

TK- Did I see a hint of a personal agenda on Obi-wan's part? Perhaps going after the Sith?

Mwahaha! [face_devil] You shall see...

BD- I like the attribution of the stubborness to Qui-Gon. Kind of the tragic flaw!

Have you noticed that it is a flaw in MANY of the Star Wars characters? Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, even Yoda is a feisty old guy! And of course Anakin had his share, as well as his daughter... it could be applied to almost anyone. But you definetly see it in Qui-Gon, and in his apprentice (kind of like "Like Father, like son"...)

darla- There should be an Ani scene coming up soon... next, maybe? I'm not sure- I don't have it right in front of me. I'm pretty sure that's right, though. As for Obi being there, he'll show up eventually... but I'm not going to give the post away, lol! :D You'll have to wait and see!

dp2002- Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Hmm... post coming later this week, perhaps? What do you think, Ash?

22. boady22

boady22 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2003
    Hey all I'm new around here..........
    Just wanna say excellent work , can't wait to read more . Well done!

23. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks boady22- It's fun being new on the boards- there's a lot of things to check out before settling in 8-}. Although, to be honest I still don't know all the great things Jedi Council Forums offer and what you can do on these boards. I just learned how to create links last week! Feel free to ask any questions :D.

There will be a post sometime in the next couple days. We're trying to give our beta reader some breathing room, and Em and I sitll haven't gone over her beta jobs past the next post or two. We'll try to keep them coming.

Thanks all for reading and upping.

-Rogue

24. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    That's what I'm here for! ENCOURAGEMENT!

25. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Hey- here's a thought boady22- I see you have good old Wedge as your icon... You an NJO fan? Cause I'm sure you haven't failed to notice the Corran Horn viggie in my sig. It's a bit more sophisticated than this story actually, but very enjoyable to read if I might say so myself. :D I'd love to see you over there.

Halcyon's viggie is certainly worth checking out as well- we both have made giant leaps in our writing abilities and these viggies are the evidence.

post soon!

-Rogue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.