main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Against Fate (Obi/ Ani/Palpatine- post TPM, AU) -LAST POST #64- 9/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ROGUE_49, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    ok- post going up now. If I'm not to beat Sunday night when we come back from NYC I'll try to get the next one up asap. However, monday should be the latest. I apologize for the long wait for another post, but it's kind of unavoidable since we won't have computer access...

Things start getting dark here, and the next post... Mwwahahahahah!!!!!! [face_devil]

And just in case it takes you a few paragraphs to figure out, we have not yet left the initiate battlezone.

-Rogue

- oh -btw- it would be really nice if you guys could help keep us upped while we're gone :). I'd hate to come back and find this on the last page. :( You guys ar great thoguh so I'm sure we won't be dissappointed. :D

2. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002

?What?s going on here??

Count Dooku froze when he heard Obi-Wan Kenobi?s deep cultured accent and pulled his shields tighter, cursing silently. The Jedi Master had watched the mounting argument and subsequent scuffle between Anakin Skywalker and Aidan Vilero with undisguised interest. He had already heard of young Skywalker?s unnatural Force potential, and the boy?s quick temper was most intriguing.

The count had been ready to lower his shields and step out to speak with the boy when Kenobi had shown up. Naturally, he did not wish to voice his interest in the initiate?s vehement spirit in front of the Knight. Therefore, he continued to cloak himself in the shadow of the Temple?s pillar.

?It?s not my fault,? he heard Anakin insist.

?I don?t care whose fault it was,? came Kenobi?s reply. ?Fighting is not allowed in the Temple. It is very unbecoming a Jedi.?

Dooku shook his head. Another of the Temple?s rules. Over the past couple years, his new master had shown him exactly how oppressive those rules were. True Jedi would insist that certain restrictions were essential to maintain a focus on their role as ?keepers of the peace,? when in reality, they only hindered the Jedi when action was necessary. Many times the Jedi Code actually prevented them from keeping the peace. One only needed to look at the decaying Republic to see that.

Of course, Dooku?s feelings on the waning power of the Republic and his opinions regarding those foolish and annoying politicians were well-known to his fellow Jedi. What they didn?t know about was the cloaked figure who had approached the count over a year ago, promising to end the decay of the government and place a powerful leader at its head. Everything that figure had said rang true in Dooku?s mind, and the Jedi Master had been quick to throw his support to him, even after the man had admitted to being a Sith.

It was then that quite an apprenticeship had begun. ?Darth Sidious,? as the Sith preferred to be called, had at that time been training another. ?But,? the Sith had rasped, ?I have foreseen that Darth Maul will not last much longer, and then you will take his place at my side.? Since then, Dooku had served as his master?s eyes and ears inside the Jedi Temple, where the count was still a respected master himself.

Until now. Now the time had come to finally take Maul?s place next to Sidious.

Dooku shook his head, clearing away his pleasurable musings, and returned his attention to the present conversation between young Skywalker and Kenobi.

?Jedi do not whine, Anakin,? he heard the Knight admonish.

Dooku felt Anakin?s anger suddenly build to a boiling point as the boy practically shouted, ?Fine! Aidan-? The Jedi Master could hardly contain his glee at the rage pouring off the boy.

The volume of Obi-Wan?s sharp reply, did, however, cause him to jump, nearly dropping his shields at the same time. ?Must I repeat myself?? boomed the Knight?s voice.

The count risked a look around the pillar and watched the encounter with mounting curiosity. He saw a surprised, pained expression cross Kenobi?s face as Anakin seemed to shrink back in fear of the towering Knight. Dooku held back a sneer as the former Padawan impulsively knelt and called the boy closer in a soft voice. Anakin fearfully hesitated, but the Knight gained his full attention, grabbing the boy?s chin and accessing a rudimentary Force healing technique that Dooku was displeased to note overawed the initiate.

For a moment, the two appeared the perfect picture of Master and Padawan, and a vision came to Dooku through the Force. He saw himself, a red lightsaber of the Sith raised against the shimmering blue blade of Obi-Wan Kenobi and the fluorescent green of Anakin Skywalker. The two worked together in tandem as one against him, the Force flowing perfectly between them, and then he saw himself fall.

The vision ended, and Dooku was left with a rising sense of urgency. He glanced around, realizing that he was now alone in the hall. It was clear to him that this vision was to be a

3. Darth_Solent

Darth_Solent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    Hello, I told you I'll stop by if I had the time. :) I must lovely post, and sneaky Dooku.

He could then take the boy as his own apprentice. - Curious...having Qui-Gon's former master decide, or at least ponder on the thought, of taking Ani as his apprentice, rather than having Qui-Gon's former apprentice decide to do so...interesting thought...does this mean we get another Qui-Gon if Dooku trains Ani? ;)

Again, great post!

((Solent))

4. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Most interesting spin on the whole Count Dooku story. Melikes! Really well written and well thought out. I love how you guys are filling in the blanks! Keep up the good work. :D

5. boady22

boady22 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2003
    Nicely done! ***UP***

6. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
  7. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Intresting post.

I've never thought about that before.

Very original.

*Waits impatiently for another post.*

8. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Here's your daily uppers!

9. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    ***UP***

sorry about the double post , thats what I get for trying to correct a typo . Guess I don't have these boards figured out yet....

10. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
  11. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
  12. Rogue27

Rogue27 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    hmmmm definately something to ponder, i will reply later.....must formulate some thoughts, UP

13. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Yeah! We're back. I was so beat last night that I didn't even bother connecting to the internet. Thanks so much all for the ups.

I'll post later tonight when I get home :D.

And Ksey!- you mean you only just read the post this morning? [face_indignant].

-Rogue

14. BrassyDarth03

BrassyDarth03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2003
    Loads of fun! :D I can't say I would have saw the Dooku post coming. Very cool surprise! :cool: Thinking of having Dooku as Anakin's master...brings interestng thoughts. No Amidala...no Obi-Wan :_|...crazy!

the boy?s quick temper was most intriguing.

The plot thickens! [face_devil] I do like Dooku. He is such a cultured Sith--if there is such a thing! I get this picture of him very smoothly peering around the pillar and stroking his chin. [face_laugh]

He saw himself, a red lightsaber of the Sith raised against the shimmering blue blade of Obi-Wan Kenobi and the fluorescent green of Anakin Skywalker. The two worked together in tandem as one against him, the Force flowing perfectly between them, and then he saw himself fall.

Hmmm... [face_mischief]. I love the foreshadowing you two put into these posts. Dooku falls? Could this be a seperate part of the vision--after the duel at the end of Ep. 2. OR [face_devil]...does something happen in the future to alter this vision a little. LOL- "unable to see the future is!"

Fantabulous twist!

15. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Oh yes- the plot definitely thickens! hehe!

Maybe Em will get to some replies later- I'm too lazy to do them now. Our softball game got cancelled though, so I just HAVE to post early.

You'll like this one Nick.

ooooohhhhhh!!!!!!!! And the next post..... [face_devil]

-Rogue

16. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002

Sidious smiled down mockingly at the holo-image of his kneeling apprentice. ?Obviously,? the Master sneered. ?I can expect nothing but news from you, Tyranus.? Actually, the dark lord knew it wasn?t really Dooku?s fault. With the recent transpiration of events, the Sith had been forced to lie low, leaving only their eyes and ears active. Sidious allowed his displeasure in this to be taken out on Dooku. He gleaned slight amusement from irritating his apprentice so.

The count?s smile disappeared and dark eyes flashed. ?I apologize, Master, for not being able to report any sort of,? he paused melodramatically, ?results.? Sidious could sense his apprentice?s mounting boldness as he continued. ?Perhaps, if you were to-?

?Insolent fool!? Dooku was cut off my the snarled insult. ?Do you presume to give me orders, my apprentice??

The Jedi simply bowed his head in acquiescence. ?No, of course not, my Master.?

Sidious instinctively tightened his shields as he pondered the insubordinate figure before him. This new apprentice was dangerous. It irked the Sith to note how unperturbed Dooku was by his angry rants. This Jedi thought himself to be smarter than Sidious, and the dark lord knew that Dooku would remain a threat to his power until he was dead. When Sidious was ready to act, he would find some way to neutralize his wayward apprentice. At the moment, however, Dooku?s disguised presence in the Jedi Temple was proving quite useful. Pity. The Sith did not like leaving his apprentice with such a long leash. It was like trying to keep a rabid vornskr at bay.

He sighed inwardly in frustration. It?s that idiot Maul?s fault that I?m now in this position. Sidious had foreseen his young apprentice?s demise, and yet, when that Kenobi... Now there was a better source at which to direct his undeniable rage. Sidious basked in the dark energy that flowed through him and poured all his resentment and irrevocable anger into a single emotion of pure absolute hatred for Obi-Wan Kenobi. Somehow, I will see that he suffers. Somehow!

His shields strained as the torrent of barely controlled fury raged within him. How he wanted to set it loose and allow the full power of the Dark Side to lash out and strike Kenobi down at that very instant! He could do it, but no. It would destroy Sidious, as well, he knew, and there was too much on the line now to risk anything so rash. There were better ways to take care of the Jedi, he thought wickedly.

Sidious let out an involuntary hiss as he realized that his anger was becoming too much for him to handle. A slight flicker of dark Force energy managed to permeate his outer shields before the Sith lord forced himself to snap back to reality. If not for his newly acquired grip on his emotions, Sidious might very well have lost complete control when he took in the expression on the face in the holo-image before him.

His apprentice, before submissively silent, now hardly bothered to hide his contempt at having sensed his master?s thoughts. ?You will find my news rather interesting, Master.?

Sidious ignored the subtle Force compulsions that Dooku had so expertly laced into his words and the Sith restrained the urge to wipe that leer off his apprentice?s face. Instead, ?Tell me,? he ordered.

Dooku nodded compliance. ?I know that you have voiced interest in a certain young Jedi initiate just recently arrived at the Temple.?

?Young Skywalker,? the name slid easily from the Sith?s tongue. Chancellor Palpatine had meant those last words he had said to the boy. ?We will watch your career with great interest.? It was a shame that the Jedi had gotten a hold of Anakin first. So much raw Force potential, all being wasted. Sidious clenched his hands beneath his dark robe. The anger, the fear he had sensed in the boy! He was ripe for the plucking, but seemingly out of reach.

Dooku had been relating the occurrence of the initiate fistfight, but when a loathsome Knight was mentioned, ?Kenobi!? The Sith spat the name.

?Yes, Knight Kenobi seems

17. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
  18. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Very interesting. I don't think Dooku is very used to having a 'master' again. Also Sidious blaming Maul for everything :) Sidious was the one who sent Maul after the Jedi in the first place. ;)

The plot thickens indeed.

More soon please!

((Solent))

19. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Nope, Dooku will never again be the obedient apprentice- though I honestly do wonder if he ever was. It would be interesting to see some writing on Dooku's childhood don't you think? [face_thoughtful] Here, he certainly has his own agenda.

And as for Sidious and blaming Maul- yes he did send his apprentice out, though the way our story goes the implications of Maul's death at Obi-Wan's hands, are a bit more serious because of the precarious situation it has fored upon him with Dooku, and all while he must push up his plan to secure Anakin. The presssure is on [face_devil]

Thanks for reading Solent- I am honored that you are making time to reply as you have when I had come to expect lurking habits 8-}. Great to have you here

-Rogue

20. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Interesting posts.

I like that you show Dooku as less than subservient. It would be difficult for him to step back into the apprentice role after having one's of his own.

I also enjoy the fact that you have Jedi fearing Obi-wan. His turbulent emotions after the death of his Master combined with his own desire to avenge the death make him an imposing presence in the Force. Add to that he has just defeated a Sith Lord. Wow!

I would be scared too!

Once again great writing - Keep it up

21. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    TKL

Interesting posts.

Sith are always "interesting" lol.

I like that you show Dooku as less than subservient. It would be difficult for him to step back into the apprentice role after having one of his own.

You said it. Definite tension between Sith Master and Jedi Master. [face_devil]

I also enjoy the fact that you have Jedi fearing Obi-wan. His turbulent emotions after the death of his Master combined with his own desire to avenge the death make him an imposing presence in the Force. Add to that he has just defeated a Sith Lord. Wow!

I would be scared too!

I'm so glad you like this kind of portrayal. We worried a bit that people might find it too far out of character for perfect Obi-Wan Kenobi, lol, but exactly as you said, "turbulent emotions" can mess with anyone. He's not the same young and innocent Padawan he was before. He is still and always will be Jedi, but he has his ups and downs like anyone else, especially with the pressures on him at this time.

Once again great writing - Keep it up

Thanks so much for your encouragement TK

We have a snowday here in Michigan where I go to school so I'm going to spend the day writing ;). Tomorrow night anyone reading my viggie The Man Who Killed Ithor should check the thread (either one). And anyone who hasn't looked at Halcyon's Purge viggie... -dang you're really missing some good stuff. The last post was phenomenal! And she whips them out much faster than I do 8-}.

Another post up on this thread in the next couple days. Waiting for more replies and a page "turn" would be nice ;).

-Rogue

22. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Can't wait for the next post !!! For this one or one of "The Man Who Killed Ithor" . Excellent stories , keep it up .

23. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks boady

Em said she'd have the next post for my viggie back to me by 9 tongiht, so anytime inthe next hour and a half hopefully.

-Rogue

24. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    ROGUE_49 - It would be interesting to see some writing on Dooku's childhood don't you think? - I don't even want to think, because if I do, then ideas will attack me...but the thought is interesting. ;)

As for lurking...I'm trying do to less of it. :)

More soon, please!

((Solent))

25. Rogue27

Rogue27 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    another excellent post! Dooku's childhood would definately be interesting. . . well keep up the awsome job!
    kc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.