Saga Against Fate (Obi/ Ani/Palpatine- post TPM, AU) -LAST POST #64- 9/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ROGUE_49, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    Everyone throw up some confetti- Reply 100!

Solent hehe! I'm picturing all these plot bunnies attacking you at once, in the for m of the vampire rabbit in Monty Python. [face_devil] Thanks for not lurking!! :D And just out of curiosity... have you taken to lurking instead on Halcyon's and my viggie threads...??? You should be ;)

Thanks R27- I won't be writing it, but you could... ;) Thanks for reading. Hey! Wait a minute! I thought you said you wer going to be coming back to add your intelligent thoughts! Two sentences doesn't count for that! J/K.

I hope more people find this soon..

-Rogue

2. BrassyDarth03 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry it took me so long to get a reply up to this. :( It is by far the coolest view I have gotten of both Dooku and Sidious. Comparing the two is wild. Really wild! :cool: Dooku definitely comes across as the strong, silent, and cocky type. I can defintely see him carrying is chin up high as he talks to even his master. Very cultured. In the movie though, did it seem to you that he always had a hint of nervousness in his eye. He never really seemed sure of himself, until the fantuboulous lightsaber duel of course. He just seemed to come off as a weak character. I didn't like it!! LOL Can you tell? Sidious like I said before, was just evil. [face_devil] Now there is a head that would be fun to dive into. Hmm...will we be seeing anymore of his head anytime soon? You know how I get about the bad guys sometimes. [face_devil] I definetly sense some distrust between master and apprentice. Dooku seems to feel he has more control while Sidious has more power by far. What is the history behind Sidious?? Has anyone really tried to attempt his past?? He just seems to appear out of nowhere. Hmm..another cool idea. LOL
    It is hard to picture his pale, gray face a bit flushed. If I were Dooku I don't think I would be nearly as relaxed. The more I think about it...his lack of control when it comes to the dark side is very, very fitting. Wow! Can you imagine what he could unleash. I just got this imagine of the cloaked Sidious seeping through the halls of the temple. Kinda cool. And then Yoda-oh wow-that could be a real wild idea. Yeah--I am getting off topic. I am wondering though, could there possibly more behind the motives of Dooku than just serving his "master"? Does he see Anakin like everyone else, as a ticket to his own power apart from Sidious?
    And the there is Maul. I felt sorry for Maul. (Stop laughing!) He seemed to be the brunt of all the blame. I found it funny actually. If there was a hitch, it was all Maul's fault.
    The Sith lord hitched at the reminder of the despised Jedi Master Yoda and his ridiculous teachings. ?Yes,? he hissed,? all but Kenobi?s. His future is quite clear.

Like I said, someone need to arrange a meeting between Sidious and Yoda just for the fun of it. LOL- I would love to see Yoda turn Sidious into a ranting lunatic.

There were better ways of making the Knight suffer, but it wasn?t worth the risk.

Finally, a wise guy. Villains are always so stupid!! "Let's torture him first and then kill him!" So stupid! Just kill him and get it over with. [face_devil]

Wow!! Very nice! Very nice indeed! There was only one very disappointing thing....you had to end it. J/k! [face_mischief]

~The Brassy One~

3. Darth_Solent Force Ghost

star 1
    ROGUE_49 - I'm picturing all these plot bunnies attacking you at once - Actually no, they're not...yet. Of course, I'm sure they're just forming an army. ;)

As for lurking on yours and Halcyon's viggie threads, no I'm not, just because I haven't had the time to read as much as I wish. :( Sorry.

More please soon. I can't wait to see what happens!

((Solent))
  4. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow Nick- two lengthy replies in one day.

*whispers to Halcyon* I think we've succeeded as planned, Emilty. He is officially addicted.

*couhg- back to adressing BrassyDarth*

I think I shall allow my co-author the honor of responsing to your reply.

Meanwhile, thanks for reading and UP!!!

-Rogue

5. Rogue27 Jedi Knight

star 1
    HMMMMMMM me writing a story....interesting concept.

As for my "intelligent thoughts" what can ya exptect from me two sentences is quite a bit LOL j/k, but still quite a pittance here is some substance for ya:

i actually really like sidious [i know it is madness] he is such an intelectual no nonsense kinda guy and i mean come one he only has one real flaw, he is totally and utterly evil and converts others. is that really so bad that everyone has to go around trying to kill him?

Dooku is a whole different matter. He is sneaky underhanded dishonest and worst of all he has no honor, trying to undermine the person that helped you become who you are. what happened to the good ol days of honor amongst thieves? geez get a back bone, if he wants the power he should take it not pretend to be complacent. lol well that is enough of a rant on Dooku for now....hehe

LOL Maul...ya gotta feel a bit bad for him, just tossed aside, and killed, for no good reason(other than the fact that he was evil) he seemed to have so much potential and it was wasted because sidious got uppity and wanted to show that a sith was "all that".

However it is better that he died, he was after all a bad guy character and needed to be taken care of. now if only the other bad guys would just follow suit and leave everyone could be happy.

Well ladies keep toiling away at your masterpiece :D i eagerly anticipate what shall unfold in the next installment.
    ~kc~
  6. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
  7. darla101 Jedi Knight

star 3
    "Darth Maul skewered the fool"

skewered? thats the best thing ive head it called! Great post!

I just cannot wait for another!
  8. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    You might not have to wait very long ;)

I figured that I might as well post tonight since it's been a couple days already.

It won't be up for at least an hour or so though, probably after dinner. :D

And I thought "skewered" was a pretty good one too darla. Hey- that's why I used it, lol- thought it was rather unique, and coming from Sidious and all... just sounded wicked and funny at the same time.

Ciao~

-Rogue
  9. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4

Elesion Sh?fath sat idly in a corner booth of the cantina nursing his gin, content to simply listen to the smooth music of the evening jizz band and watch the bustle of, more than likely illegal, activity around him. He was feeling quite pleased with himself.

His latest business transaction had gone off just as planned, and he was guaranteed to cash in big. His customer had been so satisfied with the merchandise that when Sh?fath had contacted him to request his payment, the black cowled figure had promised a reward even larger than the initial payment.

The man ran a hand through his oily black hair, smiling to himself. The beauty of the deal was actually more than just a sizable sum of credits in his pockets. He now possessed valuable information as well.

When he had first been contacted by a dark man in shadowy robes interested obtaining in a few specially designed probe droids, Sh?fath had naturally been curious. That curiosity had paid off with a few of the right questions and well placed bribes for the right people. What he knew now was certainly worth the extra work he?d pulled off.

Elesion couldn?t help but dream of how much the Jedi would pay to know that there was a Sith afoot. This particular Sith had ordered three very interesting probe droids. And he was a Sith with a very large bank account.

He wondered just exactly how big that bank account was, and how empty it would be when his customer paid him off to keep his mouth shut.

It wouldn?t be the first time Sh?fath had resorted to blackmailing a customer.

He glanced at his chrono, tapping his foot impatiently. He had come to Mos Espa earlier that week to watch the Boonta Eve Classic. He?d even placed a small bet, on Sebulba, of course. That a human slave boy had beat out the Dug was amazing, truly astounding. As a matter of fact, Elesion didn?t really mind having lost his little bet. He thought it was kind of neat that a human, a member of his own species, had won, a situation so rare in podracing. Besides, after the probe droid deal he?d cut, he had credits to spare.

Or at least he would have credits to spare. He finished off his drink and again looked at his chrono. The Sith was a half hour late already. He had told Elesion to meet him in this booth for the final installment of his payment.

The mousy-looking man nervously scanned the other corner tables. Perhaps he had the wrong booth. But no, there was no sign of the black robed figure.

Sh?fath rose to leave, suddenly feeling very anxious. He supposed he ought to feel angry, as right now it appeared that the Sith had no intention of finishing off the probe droid payment, along with the promised bonus, but instead, Elesion just felt a growing sense of fear and urgency. He palmed a couple of coins on the table to pay for his drink, then nervously strode out of the cantina.

The streets of Mos Espa appeared very threatening to Sh?fath as he began a brisk walk to his temporary abode. Alien faces leered down at him as he passed, and the shadows seemed to deepen, growing even more ominous. He desperately tried to avoid those shadows, fearing the unknown that may be hiding in their black depths.

His paranoia mounted, and his walk turned quickly into a jog and then into a run. Darkened buildings flew by in a blur as Elesion sprinted, his heart pounding, towards safety. Wait! Were those footsteps behind him? At one point, he could?ve sworn he heard decisive laughter echoing out into the empty Tatooine streets and over the sand, following him.

Gasping for air, Sh?fath stumbled up the steps to the entrance of the shack he was actually paying to stay in. He grasped the handle, giving the door a hard shove, and he nearly fell to the floor in relief as light from the main lobby spilled out onto the streets, scattering the eerie shadows. But this was still not enough for Elesion. His heart would not be completely still until he was safe in his room, lights on and door locked behind him.

The dealer of illegal merchandise took a deep breath and threw h
  10. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    uhoh!

Is it Obi? Not Obi!

Aurra Sing - Wow! There's one you don't see often in the threads. Good for you! This is really getting interesting. Is it too soon to ask for more?

BTW - great writing once again. ;)
  11. PaddyJuan Force Ghost

star 4
  12. darla101 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Obi is gonna get assasinated?

Best news ive heard all day.

No only kididng

Up!
  13. Halcyon03 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Here's a few replies, to those my partner in crime has not responded to yet:

BD- What is the history behind Sidious?? Has anyone really tried to attempt his past?? He just seems to appear out of nowhere. Hmm..another cool idea. LOL

Cool idea, but hard to write, lol. Don't think I'll be attempting THAT anytime soon. But yes, you WILL be getting another look into Sidious' head, since you seem to like it so much!

I am wondering though, could there possibly more behind the motives of Dooku than just serving his "master"? Does he see Anakin like everyone else, as a ticket to his own power apart from Sidious?

You know those Sith... always looking for ways to outsmart each other... ;)

Solent- As for lurking on yours and Halcyon's viggie threads, no I'm not, just because I haven't had the time to read as much as I wish. Sorry.

S'Okay! But if you would LIKE to read them... [face_mischief] the addresses are in our signatures. Meanwhile, we are glad to have you posting!

R27- he only has one real flaw, he is totally and utterly evil and converts others.

A very BIG flaw... ;)

Dooku is a whole different matter. He is sneaky underhanded dishonest and worst of all he has no honor, trying to undermine the person that helped you become who you are.

The very definition of a bad guy... :D

TK- Is it Obi? Not Obi!

8-} You knew that it would be Obi! 8-}

Glad you liked Aurra- we needed an appropriate bounty hunter, and seemings as though she specializes in hunting Jedi, the 'boot fit', so to speak. ;)

PaddyJuan- Don't worry! We won't kill Obi-Wan! We'll just come dangerously close... [face_devil]

Post coming Sunday morning...

14. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I hope Obi gives Aurra da boot

:D
  15. Halcyon03 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Almost missed you, darla! We must have posted at the same time. Great minds think alike... :)

Well, like I told PaddyJuan, we won't kill him... [face_mischief] Although, we aren't done writing yet- I suppose we COULD change the ending... [face_devil]
  16. Halcyon03 Jedi Knight

star 2
    TK- ROTFL! By the way, nice Echoes post! I'm gonna try and get over there tonight and post a reply.

To any and all who haven't read TK's "Echoes of the Past", it is an excellent Jag and Jaina story. For any interested, here's a link:

Echoes
  17. Rogue27 Jedi Knight

star 1
    nice post, it was very suspenceful...

aurra was awesome hehe...we need to see more of her.

Though, of course, it had been instantaneous. Aurra Sing didn?t believe in wasting energy on making her victims suffer first. Unlocking the door to Sh?fath?s room had been her idea of a playful warning, giving the man a fighting chance to run and herself the opportunity to make a little more sport out of killing him

hehe that is great! doesn't want to make it to much of a big deal but wouldn't mind having a bit of challenging fun O the mind games. LOL now there's a killer after my own heart. [face_love] LOLOLOLOL!

Great Aurra thought dryly. Another job. I don?t suppose it?s even occurred to him that I might not want to take it.

oh a fiesty one lol

A Jedi. It must be a Jedi.

she LOVES her job.

question...is aurra kind of a sith but not really or what... i am just a tad bit confused
    Keep up the good work!!
    ~kc~

18. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    H03: kisses and hugs for the kind words and the link ;)
  19. BrassyDarth03 Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOO- This is definitely a plot "thickening post". LOL-a little corn starch with your stew! 8-} On top of that, I dare say there are some very valuable lessons that can be taken from this post. Allow me to state them.

1) Never, ever, blackmail a Sith. For that matter, never, ever go into business with a Sith. Even then...why would you agree to meet a Sith after the deal is done? Especially, somewhere public!!! Pathetic lifeform!!!!
    2) Always check your doors. Not only should you check to make sure they are locked as you leave, LOL, make sure they are also locked when you go to enter. Who knows who may be lurking.
    3) Men in black cloaks with large bank accounts never really expect to pay. Especially, when they are the most deadly man in the universe!
    4) When you feel like you are being stalked, never go to an area where you are alone. Stupid!
    5) Stay away from Tatooine!!!!!!

Can't wait for a Sing/Kenobi stand off. She is just the foe for her. But, to that regard I ought to add a sixth point---Never mess with Obi-Wan Kenobi!!
  20. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Never mess with Obi-Wan Kenobi!!

I second that!
  21. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope Obi gives Aurra da boot

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

It's so weird to see comments like that when you're so far ahead in writing such scenes where you have to decide how much of that advice to take [face_mischief]

-Rogue
  22. darla101 Jedi Knight

star 3
    She is just the foe for her

Obi-Wana then? LOL!

I didn't know he was a girl! The things you learn!
  23. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    I told you that would cause problems Nick.

I'll leave you to explain that ;)

I really do like Obi-wana darla

-Rogue
  24. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    OK- I've got a minute, and I wasnt to up this before I go to bed ;) so I have just got to pick some things to respons to in your reply Casey.

aurra was awesome hehe...we need to see more of her. Oh trust me, you will- I think that darla's on the right track...

now there's a killer after my own heart.

Oh goll, Case.

she LOVES her job. [face_laugh] Oh absolutely.

question...is aurra kind of a sith but not really or what... i am just a tad bit confused

Aurra was trained as a Jedi when she was young, but certain circumstances and experiences set her off from the Jedi path long ago. She is Force sensitive, obviosuly, but there's a difference between simply not being Jedi and being a Sith. With the Sith "Always two there are; no more, no less." You know who they are. There are what you call Dark Jedi- who aren't Sith- they are users of the darkside, however, and certainly do not follow the Jedi way. Aurra is simply a free lancer with an incredible hate for the Jedi because of her childhood circumstances. Her Force skills have enabled her to become a bounty hunter to be feared, especilaly by Jedi. Because of her skills in this area, Sidious found her to be a valuable contact to pursue. He didn't give her a Jedi job right away of course, but he wanted to introduce himself to her (she was willing cause of the money of course) so that he could use her in the future.... She's bad, like the Sith 8-}, but it takes much more to "earn" the title of Sith than to simply use the darkside, and not follow the Jedi Code. Hope that helped. It's kind of late and I know I might have rambled a little.

Nick- Em's going to reply in length to you, lol, but we did both meniton that your post reminded us an awful lot of my reply em from your lug_the_guts address. 8-} I found it highly entertaining. Maybe I'll point out my favorites later after Em has had a go.

-Rogue
  25. Halcyon03 Jedi Knight

star 2
    BD- Wow Nick- that post is almost more entertaining than the story! 8-}

On top of that, I dare say there are some very valuable lessons that can be taken from this post.

Leave it to you to list them all!

Never, ever, blackmail a Sith.

That was the general lesson I was going for in this post. :D Obviously, our dear friend Elesion was not a very bright criminal. Let's just say, he didn't research the word "Sith" very well. If he had, he might've figured out your third point- they never expect to pay. ;) Though you would've thought that just being AROUND a scary looking, black-cowled figure that reeks of the dark side would've been enough to discourage him... and I return to my original statement: Sh'Fath was not a bright fellow.

Always check your doors. Not only should you check to make sure they are locked as you leave, LOL, make sure they are also locked when you go to enter. Who knows who may be lurking.

My personal favorite lesson. :D The unlocked door was just a random addition on my part- one of those little tidbits of foreshadowing that reveals something about Aurra's character. As Casey said, she really LOVES her job- bounty hunting, especially with Jedi targets, is all just a big game for Aurra. A game at which she has never lost, and never intends to.

Stay away from Tatooine!!!!!!

Bad things DO tend to happen there.... 8-}

Never mess with Obi-Wan Kenobi!!

So true. Look at what happened to Darth Maul.

She is just the foe for her.

Definetly Obi-wana... 8-}

Thanks for the entertaining reply Nick!

Post coming tomorrow morning everyone!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.