Saga Against Fate (Obi/ Ani/Palpatine- post TPM, AU) -LAST POST #64- 9/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ROGUE_49, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
  2. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
  3. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm... I don't have much more left to post I don't think. I'm trying to stretch it out, but this empty thread is so sad. Perhaps I will post again soon. I think I can post at least once before I go on spring break.

Meanwhile, up!
  4. KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master

star 4
    im still here buddy!!!!!!!!!!!! keep writing!!
  5. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    headin' home- sorry I didn't get anything up. I'll work on it when I get back.

See ya!
  6. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No problem :) will wait patiently :D A certain somebody has taught me well ;)
  7. PadawanDi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well..... I have not read this in like forever! Kind of just forgot :( .... Sorry! Hmm... [face_thinking] what page was I on again? lol I actually don't think I'm too far behind..... Anyway, I'll catch up sooner or later.... hopefully.... I will once again up it for everyone else though!

UP I say! UP!
  8. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just found this thread, and I've spent the last few days reading it.

Excellent story, I love the Obi/Ani interaction as well as Valik and Aidan (gotta love those Corellians).

Please post more soon!
  9. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    wow- there was a bit more activity after I left than I had expected. Hopefully I can find something to post this weekend now that I'm back to school.

Anyways- thanks for the attention- both old and new :)

Rogue
  10. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    astarael - were you a reader over at TK's Legacy series? Or maybe it was something else I used to read... I just know I recognize your name from somewhere.

Rogue
  11. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't think so, but could you send me the link to the thread so I can take a look and see for sure?
  12. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    eek- i don't actually read it anymore, so I don't have the link. It must be from somewhere else. I'll review your recent posts, and see if I recognize any. I don't read much anymore, just cause it's hard enough to find the time to write, so it might be from a while ago... How about Cynical's Freeze Frames?
  13. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
    How about Cynical's Freeze Frames?

Never heard of it.
  14. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I did check your profile, and I didn't realize you were newer to the boards. I must be thinking of someone with a similar name or something. Sorry for badgering you so much, lol.

I'll try again to get to posting something tonight. Sorry- it's just been so crazy, and I forgot where I am with posts, and have been too lazy to figure it out. Plus I've been working on my Corran Horn viggies, for any of you who read those too ;) I'm really not sure if any of you do though now, come to think of it... That's odd, but not too odd I suppose since they're in different sagas. Alright- ttyl guys.
  15. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4

Darth Tyranus drifted through the shadowed halls, cloaked in the darkness that led away from the Temple archives. The traitorous Jedi Master needed no disguise in the place that had been his home for so many years. Yet, caution was taken to hide much of what he did to keep the Council unaware of his shifting loyalties. Hence the late hour, or as dawn?s thin rays threatened to dispel the night?s blackness, one might say early hour.

The Sith?s early morning stroll through the winding corridors was not without purpose. It had been necessary, and dangerous. Any curious observer might become suspicious of the wandering Jedi, and activities within the Jedi Temple could be tracked. Eventually, any trail would become too clouded to follow, and the few alterations he had made to the archive maps and related records would become untraceable. One could hope that the disappearance of a single planet system and a few omitted lines in a government document would not be noticed, but only time itself could erase the evidence of his tampering.

Regardless of whether he was discovered or not, nothing could bring back what he had so expertly sliced out of the archives. A close enough look now would determine that something was indeed missing, but what, only Tyranus could say. Years later, when the information actually became valuable, it would be too late. He had cut the thread that no one had even begun to unravel yet. But when someone finally did, there would be only a dead end to follow.

A dead end. His thoughts had let his awareness drift away, and now the disguised Sith stopped abruptly at the obstacle in his path. Tyranus looked up, attempting to mask the surprise on his face. It was a strain to make his voice sound civil as he addressed the man in front of him.

?Well, Good morning Master? Trace, I believe it is??

The shockingly blond haired Jedi allowed frosty green eyes to take in the sight of the older Master, dressed all in black, and further darkened by the shifting shadows thrown across the hallway?s walls and floor. The younger man?s outfit placed him in complete contrast. Valik was dressed in the sterile white of the medical ward, from the collar on his robes to the tips of his toes. The response he offered to Count Dooku did not match his soft appearance, however.

?You?re up to something, Dooku,? he growled. ?I don?t like you; I don?t trust you; and it looks like you?ve been skulking around the Temple in the middle of the night.? His eyes flashed as he repeated, ?You?re up to something.?

Dooku forgot civility. ?You?re a fool Valik Trace,? came the snarl. ?It?s a pity Sing couldn?t kill you.?

Trace hardened his jaw. ?I?d rather be a fool than a traitor.?

?I?m an idealist and an opportunist. I serve as I see fit.?

?As do I.? Valik Trace said these last words with the same finality that the look in his deadly eyes spoke. He speared Dooku with one last threatening glance before he turned and walked away.

Even with the Jedi?s absence, Dooku felt no relief. The brief confrontation had left him nervous. The man was suspicious, and he was persistent. A dangerous combination. There would be no more time. He had seen Anakin Skywalker clinging to Trace?s bedside when Obi-Wan Kenobi had left the medical center the day before, and Dooku had known then that the initiate would not leave the Temple now of his own will. If not for Obi-Wan, then perhaps the boy was holding out for Valik?s offer of apprenticeship. Dooku almost hated that idea more.

In any case, Sidious would not be pleased. Failing him in this way was dangerous, but it also made Darth Tyranus all the more indispensable. There was work yet to be done. Dooku would remain the Sith lord?s right hand. And he would be free to carry out his master?s plans more easily once he had left Coruscant.

The time to leave was now.

16. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
    ROGUE: Sok. I thought you were thinking about
    someone else. Ah well.

Onto the post:
    Another fantastic update.
    So, Dooku has hidden the Kamino System from the archives and is now planning to leave the Jedi Order.
    I liked the conversation between Trace and Dooku. They don't seem to get along, do they?
    I wonder how Sidious is going to take the fact that Dooku couldn't secure Anakin as his apprentice? THAT should be interesting...
  17. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh great update! Didn't realize it with the date reflecting 2/22 ;)

Valik never has liked Dooku and he has a valid reason! [face_mischief]

Oh can't wait for that too! (When Sid finds out Dooku didn't get Anakin ;) )

18. boady22 Jedi Knight

star 2
    and finally i've caught up, took me a while but i'm here!....... .... .. . So wheres the rest?
  19. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry guys- busy weekend, with an even busier week now. I'll check in again later when I get more than a few minutes.
  20. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok- so I've got time to reply.

Very accurate observations astarael ;) Not that I was trying to hide the obvious.

Thanks for calling that date issue to my attention Kynstar.

I'm looking forward to some reactions from Sidious too... I just don't know what they're going to be yet 8-}

Boady! Haven't seen you in ages it seems. Glad to know you're still around and reading.

So anyways- I was going to post here, but I'm having second thoughts. the next post really does get the ball rolling, and I'm a bit anxious that it won't go over well, or understood... I think I will post it anyways...

I would, however, really apprepciate feedback on this one. What you think was really said, or questions if you haven't got a clue. We're getting into a very difficult part of the plot, and I want to make sure I'm not losing anybody and we're all on the same page.

So here goes...
  21. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    It was time to leave, a voice told him inside his head. It throbbed painfully with every step he took closer to his private study, and Mylan Spyre fought to push the voice to the far corners of his brain as sweat poured down his neck. He was only mildly successful, and it was a relief when the cool wood of his chair met his weary back. The shift of support from his own trembling legs to the ornately carved piece of furniture was more than welcome after the short but difficult walk from his sitting room.

The Senator couldn?t explain what it was that ailed him. He could only think that he had indulged in too much wine the night before, during the Supreme Chancellor?s visit, inspired by his own excitement at hosting such an honored guest. Horribly enough, he hadn?t even made it to his own bed before passing out.

Spyre scrubbed at bleary eyes while his mind tumbled through the events of the evening before. Admittedly, there was little he could remember. Alarm heightened, replacing slight frustration with unbridled fear. What had he done last night in the Chancellor?s presence? Or worse. What had he said to the most important man in the Senate?

Yet, perhaps the most important question to ask himself was what in the galaxy had been said that caused him to get so drunk in the first place.

Spyre pondered over this for a moment before deciding that trying to think about anything before a hot shower and some caf was a completely fruitless attempt to discover the facts of the night before.

And it was only when he had swallowed a cup of the morning drink and disrobed to step into the steaming water, that Spyre discovered the slightly unfamiliar object in his clothes. Everything came flooding back to his memory, or at least all that he believed was important enough to remember. He began to chuckle frighteningly, the sound almost mad in his throat.

It was time to leave.

The Senator had snapped commands to his serving man and finished his cleansing ritual in half the time that his normal morning routine occupied in his schedule for the day. The orders he gave out to his personal staff in preparation for his flight from Coruscant seemed almost unnaturally engrained in his own mind. Chancellor Palpatine had told him everything he must do. Remembering it all exactly was a matter of life and death now.

Palpatine himself had expressed his fear for the Senator?s safety after his own attempted assassination. He had said more to convince Spyre of the increasing danger to the politicians on Coruscant, especially those with anti-Jedi sentiment?

These are uncertain times, Senator,? the Chancellor intoned cautiously. ?I suspect no one will ever know exactly who is behind this growing plot.? He hesitated, drawing the other politician?s attention in even more by the solemnity of his words. ?The Jedi have been under a great deal of pressure recently. People have been suggesting that they are not doing enough for the Republic, remaining holed up in that Jedi temple of theirs.?

Spyre took a gulp of wine, disguising his growing sense of unease with the action. He steadied his voice to speak careful words.

?Are you suggesting what I think you are, Chancellor??

The other man nodded soberly, and his gaze did not waver from the Senator?s face.

?The Jedi have found something to do it seems. Obi-Wan Kenobi himself invited me to dine with him. I honestly did not fear for my life while he and his Jedi friend were there to foil any attempt made on my life. After all, I have shown nothing but support for the Jedi cause, and the loss of my leadership in the Senate would cripple the entire Republic. The demise of a few lower politicians such as yourself, however?

Spyre almost choked. ?What do you mean, ?such as myself???

Palpatine cleared his throat. ?It is obvious that you have no love for the Jedi.?

?You mean the Jedi would arrange to have me killed as they did you, and then go through with it, when they spared you,??

?I have not shown any hate for the Jedi, and no matter their agenda, they
  22. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ahhhh sly Palpy! Great job there ;) loved how he played the man's own fears against him. Great work! :D
  23. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
  24. JuniorPadawan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Obi-Wan, don't fall for Palpy's sly tricks!

Great work Rogue_49. I love the way you portray Anakin and Obi-Wan in this fic. I really do think that some of their problems extended from the fact that Anakin must have felt like an obligation to Obi-Wan instead of a free conscious choice to train him. And of course I love Adian and Valik Trace. :D
  25. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
    That evil manipulative snake! For those who cannot guess I'm not a Palpy fan, but you gotta admire the way he pulls everybodies strings to get what he wants.

Anyhows, great post.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.