Saga Against Fate (Obi/ Ani/Palpatine- post TPM, AU) -LAST POST #64- 9/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ROGUE_49, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Quasi_Jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Alright, another lurker is revealed!

I love this story, and I can't wait to see how it will end! Please post soon!
  2. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
  3. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    up-

I've got a couple days off, so cross your fingers, and maybe I"ll get some writing done.
  5. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
    I hope you update soon, I need closure!
  6. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    I should have a short post for you guys tomorrow before I go to work at 3.

It will be anything but closure though...
  7. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No problem :) will patiently wait :D
  8. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4

A cloudy haze washed over Anakin?s wakening senses. He stirred slightly, but the swaying sensation of forward movement lulled his eyes shut again. Then the gritty feeling in the back of his throat registered. He coughed and attempted to pry those sticky eyelids open.

The motion stopped, and the Padawan felt himself hanging like a dead weight in someone?s arms.

?Obi-Wan,? he choked out, his vision still blurring. The moving sensation picked up again at an even faster pace than before. He felt like he was going to be sick. ?Master, please-?

Finally he was able to make out the nondescript view of a rocking floor. It took a great deal of effort to raise his head only a few inches. His neck felt as if it was on fire.

?Please,? he groaned again desperately, fighting for a glance at his surroundings. The familiarity of a hangar bay was easy enough to identify at a glance, but he remembered nothing before this fog. The only thing that really picked at his brain was that this should be the bay at the Temple, yet it obviously wasn?t.

He let his head flop back down towards the floor, and his muddled mind just stared. The dark edge of a cape-like cloak kept interrupting his view of the solid, neutral color of the floor beneath him. The constant fluttering was making him nauseous.

He closed his eyes again. Then as if in the middle of a dream he heard his master calling his name.

~~~~~~~~~~

?Anakin!?

Obi-Wan Kenobi had been puzzled by the unexpected entrance of another sentient being into the hangar. It might have only been a workman, but the oddly familiar presence was discomfiting, to say the least. It only took a second once he spotted the intruder to know why.

Draped across Count Dooku?s arms was Obi-Wan?s Padawan, seemingly unconscious. The boy stirred as he called his name, but the darkly clad Jedi Master started in surprise and doubled his speed, making a beeline for the opposite end of the bay.

Obi-Wan immediately dropped from the catwalk, using the Force to cushion his fall.

He was more confused than ever now at this sudden turn of events. What did Dooku think he was doing? It must have been fate that Obi-Wan was here, confronting the sith lord at the same time the other Jedi was attempting to make off with Anakin. Now, however, the Knight had a choice to make. Anakin?s safety was his responsibility now, but he had pledged the undoing of this sith lord.

In his head he knew the Chosen One, his own Padawan, was more important to him. His training as a Jedi was paramount to anything else, including the sith. In his heart, his love for the boy made it certain that Anakin was his first priority. He set his emotions about the sith aside and took off at a dead run towards his Padawan and his captor.

~~~~~~~~~~

Palpatine witnessed Obi-Wan?s mad dash across the hangar toward Tyrannus and cackled contentedly. Now that the Jedi Knight was slightly preoccupied, he had time to get things in place.

Spyre?s dead body was but a small burden when compared with Sidious? capacity within the darkside of the Force. The lifeless senator floated eerily behind the sith as he made his way towards the readied ship Spyre was supposed to escape Coruscant on.

With no witnesses to his his deception, Sidious prepared the scene. The single pilot on the shuttle had already been taken care of, his unconscious form right where everyone would expect to find him, in the pilot?s seat. The most important preparations had been made far in advance, and Sidious had no doubt that things would? go off? smoothly.

Discovery of the illusion he would create here was always a risk, but the sith lord had paid top credit to ensure this all looked natural. Spyre?s death would end up looking like a complete accident, or a result of the highly incompetent sith himself, meaning the senator of course. Of Chancellor Palpatine, there could be no signs of involvement. It irritated him that the sith would come off looking as though they had failed miserably, but the subsequent underestimation of their enemy?s power
  9. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Uh oh! Dooku's been seen by Obi!

Loved how you had the slight hesitation there from Obi cuz of what his obligation to the Jedi was (the Sith) compared to Anakin's well being. [face_dancing] Yay! Go rescue your Padawan!

Ahhh Sidious gets away with his plan. That isn't going to go lightly over Obi, but he's got his hands full trying to figure out why Dooku has Anakin.
  10. darla101 Jedi Knight

star 3
    My god, is that a post...?

*dies of shock*

:p

11. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
    *Still on the edge of her seat*

Yep, you were right, ROGUE_49, definately no closure.

Excellent post, I'm dying to find out what happens next! Need more!
  12. JuniorPadawan Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's a post
    It's a post
    It's a post

Happy happy happy! :D
  13. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow- so many replies!

Well, I'm going up north for a few days, but between the fun, I plan on simply relaxing, which may mean time to write. So what it comes down to is whether or not I can find my inspiration... Wish me luck.

See ya all in a few days!
  14. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
  15. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm... I swear I posted a reply last night, but I guess it never made it. Must have switched pages too fast or something.

Anyways- I'm sorry, I have not come back with a post. But on a happy note, for me anyways, I did come back engaged!

I do have hopes of writing soon, however. See ya all later.
  16. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Congrads on the engagement!! :D No prob ;) we'll wait patiently! Definitely a happy note!
  17. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh my God! Congragulations!
  18. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
  19. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
  20. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    I've got another post written! It just has to be typed up.
  21. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll be at the snow for a few days, so another post would be a nice thing to come back to! I'm really excited, it'll be the first time I've ever seen snow before that wasn't either on a TV screen or accumulating in my freezer! [face_dancing]
  22. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4

Obi-Wan slowed from his sprint, forcing tensed muscles to relax into a cautiously alert stance as he approached the section of the hangar where Count Dooku had disappeared with the Knight?s Padawan. The Force was flowing within him, and he could feel every object through the mystical power.

Thus, when a stack of packing crates on the raised ledge in front of him began to tremble, he didn?t even look up before diving into a somersault that carried him away form the falling obstacles. He leapt up to grab a pipe from which he vaulted over the mess of splintered wood and twisted metal. Dooku was going to have to try a lot harder to block Obi-Wan?s path to his apprentice.

He landed with a soft thud on the other side. The Knight stretched out his senses until they lighted on Anakin?s unique Force presence. The boy was groggy, drugged no doubt, Obi-Wan decided with a grimace. He should have known Anakin wouldn?t have gone meekly with Dooku.

He stalked carefully, despite being fully aware that Dooku must know exactly where he stood at any given moment. But Obi-Wan only cared that he now knew exactly where his Padawan was. Besides, Dooku himself wouldn?t stray far form his precious captive.

Obi-Wan rounded a corner and spotted a Jedi shuttle. Apparently Dooku hadn?t stopped stealing at Obi-Wan?s Padawan. Trace had been right about the mysterious Jedi Master. The man didn?t belong to the Order anymore. His loyalties obviously didn?t hold to the Jedi any longer.

?Dooku!? he shouted, as the engine of the small craft began to whine as it was started up. Obi-Wan started towards it, momentarily forgetting to grip on to the Force amidst his anguish. A hovercraft nearby whipped in his direction without warning, and the Knight barely ducked and rolled in time.

Obi-Wan groaned as the vehicle seemed to wind up for another pass a him. ?I hate moving vehicles.? He was on his feet in another instant ready to dodge again. ?Especially when I?m not in the blasted things!?

Dooku had the craft honed in on him like a missile, but Obi-Wan launched himself into the air at the last possible second, easily executing a flip that landed him atop the vehicle. He held on for dear life, vaguely recalling how his bout with Dooku had ended last time, with him clinging to a Senatorial pod, the count the victor. Dooku was relentless as he wrestled the vehicle back and for to cause multiple collisions.

When Obi-Wan suddenly felt a dip in the other man?s shields, he jumped on it. It was an effort to wrest control of the vehicle away from the highly trained master, but he had gained the upper hand now. At breakneck speed he set upon a path straight for the shuttle?s ramp.

Dooku appeared at its entrance to the ship, his face a thundercloud of fury, and as he lifted up a hand, Obi-Wan sensed the raising of a solid wall of air in front of the hovercraft. Before the vehicle could hit, the Knight launched his own body through the air at the count.

His lightsaber was ignited as Dooku raised his own peculiar blade. It was so dark as to be undistinguishable in color, only a sith?s scarlet weapon would have been more shocking. That Dooku raised a Jedi?s weapon against another was surprise enough. He may not have been a sith, but he was the next worse thing, a traitor. Obi-Wan only ignited his own blade in self-defense.

The two blades clashed while the Obi-Wan was still in mid-air. They stayed locked until his feet landed, and Obi-Wan wrenched the weapon around, taking a few steps back. He held up his hands, still cautious of Dooku?s own lightsaber.

?I don?t know what you think you?re doing Dooku, but you may leave the Order in peace, as long as you don?t hurt anyone.? He steeled his voice. ?That includes Anakin.?

Dooku flourished his blade arrogantly as he laughed aloud. ?Kenobi, I plan little harm to the boy. He his the Chosen One after all, and he must be trained.?

?I will take care of that just fine,? Obi-Wan ground his teeth. ?Anakin Skywalker will be a Jedi Knight, not some rogue that carries out your schemes, w
  23. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Horay for Anakin! [face_dancing] Excellent work! Loved this chapter! :D

:( Obi still doesn't know who that Sith lord is :(

Great suspense! :D
  24. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm refusing to let the fact that Anakin used the Dark Side to beat the crap outta Dooku ruin my celebrating.

Go Ani!!!! [face_dancing]

Now it's just a matter of Obi-Wan trying to stop a certain Sith Lord from slipping from his grasp.

Love the chapter
  25. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.