Saga Against Fate (Obi/ Ani/Palpatine- post TPM, AU) -LAST POST #64- 9/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ROGUE_49, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
  2. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright everyone. One more post after this one and we'll call it a story.

Hope this works for everyone.
  3. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight, exclaimed aloud, surprise tingeing his voice, as a stream of some kind of electrical charge streaked above his head. He ducked and rolled instinctively towards safety. A pile of packing crates, a plentiful collection of which was spread across the hangar bay, shielded him from the source of the lighting like attack.

A pile of packing crates, Obi-Wan suddenly thought, and he scoffed at himself. Yes, that will stop just about anything I can imagine a sith lord capable of throwing my way. The Knight grimaced. I might as well stand in the middle of the hangar for all the protection this gives me.

On the other hand, it did at least shield the sith?s eyes from Obi-Wan?s exact location. So, he stayed low, and inched his way along the flimsy barricade. Sure enough, as soon as he was a few feet away from his original position, a flash of light collided with the wooden crates he?d been hiding behind. Debris and splinters flew in all directions as Obi-Wan pulled his head to his chest. But he only stayed still for a moment, immediately starting down the path of scattered crates as soon as the air was clear.

Explosions of the wooden obstacles continued to litter his wake. Spyre couldn?t seem to accurately pinpoint the Knight?s position quick enough, but Obi-Wan was running out of space. In a reckless move, he flung himself upwards, abandoning his weakening shelter, lightsaber ablaze as lightening struck down at him. It hit his blade squarely, the force of which practically made Obi-Wan vomit.

He swallowed the bile rising in his throat as he fought to collect the energy upon his lightsaber and fling it back at his attacker. This was the first opportunity he had had to lay eyes on the sith lord since battling Dooku. Spyre?s dark cloak and hood shrouded his entire figure as lightening flashed from his long fingertips. Obi-Wan could not see his face, but he imagined Spyre?s hate-filled eyes boring into him. Anger and hate flowed strongly from the dark side of the Force. The Knight wanted to sick up.

The sith easily avoided Obi-Wan?s returned lightening strike, but the ship was not so lucky. It crackled as the electrical charge swept over the hull, but Spyre remained unconcerned as he thrust his hands forward again.

Is throwing lightening all this guy knows how to do? Obi-Wan thought as he dodged. Had he still been in possession of his padawan spikes, they would undoubtedly be more than singed right now. As it was, the heat caused sweat to trickle down his neck. Obi-Wan barely had a chance to wipe the beads of wetness that dripped from the lengthening locks of hair onto his forehead before being forced to duck again.

This sith lord appeared to be playing with him, and Obi-Wan ignored the cold shiver that inched down his spine as he heard the cruel cackling of his attacker echo throughout the hangar. Steeling himself, Obi-Wan held his lightsaber up again, ready for the next strike. He was not running anymore. This had gone on long enough.

The Knight gritted his teeth as lightening struck stronger this time. It seemed to have a mind of its own as it wrenched his blade to the side, but Obi-Wan twisted his wrists with all his strength and lobbed it back towards the ship. It struck again with sparks, and smoke began to wisp in clouds from fried circuitry.

The sith lord turned briefly to assess the damage, and Obi-Wan took the opportunity to rush the ship, lightsaber ignited. He did not know how he would fare in a duel with the dark side, but he had to try. The ship still crackled with angry energy, and Obi-Wan feared it was ready to blow up.

Yet, before he could get close enough, a gigantic Force push hurled him back into the broken crates. A killing shot of light energy reached down at him as if in slow motion. But Obi-Wan didn?t have enough time to stand up and defend himself. The Knight?s lightsaber had been plucked from his hand by the sith?s powerful Force grasp as he flew through the air. So now he lay defensless on the ground with
  4. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ouch! Poor Obi-Wan. Guess it beats a leathal dose of force lightning though...

Argh! The Sith have gotten away with it again! Stupid Sith [face_frustrated]

Nice postie!
  5. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh my is his plan going to work? Are they gonna believe that the guy was the Sith Lord? Oh my this is getting intense! :D
  6. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for reading you two- I think you may be the only ones left actually.

Anyways- I'm glad that everything is working out well. It's been a complicated process to develope this plotline, and I'm happy everyone is getting it right.

I hope to be wrapping this up some time very soon.

Rogue
  7. jedi-k8 Jedi Padawan

I'm here. I read the last post then read all the way back to the start.

I hope to be wrapping this up some time very soon :( How soon?
  8. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    oh cool- thanks

Uh.. quite soon really. One wrap-up post left I do believe. I'm thinking it could possibly be this weekend.
  9. LumiKuningatar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hello everyone. I'm back on these boards again, after a long long absence due to.. well, school and graduation.. but if anyboduy remembers me, I'm back now.. I was quite actively reading this story a long while ago... I was extremely pleased when I found this story again.. and even more so when I read all the many, many new chapters.. there's plot twists that I never expected.. it's just so wonderful.. :D

Basically I just wanted to pop in and let you know that this story is still one of my favorites.. :)
  10. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's great! I'm glad that everyone is at least showing up for the end.

I've got a lot to do early this week, but hopefully later on I'll get around to the last post.
  11. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
  12. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright- the last post should be up by the end of the weekend. Em's just gonna read the wrap-up hopefully, and then as long as she things it ties everything off all right, we'll be set. Hope to see you around for the finish.
  13. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    Emily hasn't gotten back to me, but I'll call her today and then hopefully post if it's all cool.
  14. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4

Obi-Wan Kenobi strolled down the corridor with an easy grace, despite the mild pain the movement actually caused. The Knight had refused offers of first aid at the hangar, though the cuts and bruises from the explosion bothered him now. Yet, while the coarse fabric of his robe, caused the lacerations to sting a bit more than usual as it rubbed against his arms and neck, the only real discomfort was the lump raised on the back of his neck.

Obi-Wan touched in gingerly, regretting his decision to avoid Bant. She probably could have given him something to reduce the bruising pain, but that would mean a full physical. He was not in the mood for being poked and prodded right now. Instead, he had resigned himself to quiet suffering.

He had enough on his mind to distract him that it was not very hard. Yoda and Mace Windu had requested his presence in the Council chamber as soon as possible. He knew they expected him to have his wounds tended first, and perhaps to take a few moments of relaxation, but Obi-Wan had never seen to himself first before completing his duty. So here he was now, standing in front of the massive Council doors, waiting for the Padawan to ask permission to admit him.

The young, green-eyed towhead reminded Obi-Wan of his own fair apprentice. The boy had a serious look about him, trying hard to look as if he was content in serving as messenger when he would more than likely prefer to be swimming or out playing pranks with his friends. Obi-Wan caught the boy?s eye and gave a friendly, knowing wink. The Padawan blushed, but a hint of a smile brushed his lips and remained as he slipped through the doors to announce Obi-Wan?s presence.

Obi-Wan shook his head in slight amusement as he folded his hands inside his robes. Anakin had looked too somber lately in their few encounters since agreeing to the Knight?s proposal, but now Obi-Wan was looking forward to seeing that impish smile on his Padawan?s face that was so endearing. Training such a promising student would be thrilling, but Anakin was likely to be an entertaining challenge as well.

It suddenly occurred to him that the Knight was unsure of Anakin?s exact whereabouts. Mace had reassured him that the Padawan had found his way back to the Temple. Now that Obi-Wan was in his right mind again, he didn?t know how he could have been so foolish as to send the boy away without any instructions as to where to go. Anakin had proved capable of looking after himself, however. Obi-Wan vowed that he would not make a habit of abandoning the child. He had a responsibility to more than just the Order now. His and Anakin?s relationship would have to be based on trust, and the beginning of trust was security. The rebellious boy would undoubtedly push beyond the barriers Obi-Wan would create, but all in all it would be a learning experience for both of them. The Knight knew they would come to understand each other in time.

The great doors opened once again, and the Padawan came out. ?You can go in, Knight Kenobi.?

Obi-Wan nodded his thanks and swept through the doors. He offered a respectful bow for the two Jedi Masters. The rest of the Council was not in session yet, it appeared.

Yoda responded to his thoughts as if he had spoken them aloud. ?Convene we will, once time to contemplate this, the members have.?

Master Windu spoke. ?For now, we would simply like to hear your thoughts on the matter of Senator Spyre?s death.?

Obi-Wan spread his hands wide. ?If the body has confirmed it, I am relieved. I told you everything from how Trace and I came to suspect the Senator, to his attack that confirmed him as a sith, back in the hangar.? His brows knitted together. ?I did not imagine it would be that easy, but in this case the light won out over the dark. Case closed as far as I?m concerned.?

Yoda nodded in calm acceptance, though Mace eyed the older Master a bit askance. ?A great burden off your shoulders this is. Ready to train your Padawan, you are??

?Yes, Master. I look forward to the challenge.?

?Mmm? Yes,? Yoda intoned a
  15. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
  16. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Awwww loved the ending!! Anakin and Obi together! Master and Padawan at last! :D

Sad they think the Sith is gone...but I am sure they'll eventually realize he isn't! [face_mischief]

Excellent work!
  17. astarael Jedi Knight

star 3
    Conflicting emotions here.

On one hand, I absolutely love this story, from begining to end. There are alot of stories out there that write a brilliant story, only to completely butcher the ending. This was perfect: A happy ending, but a scheming Sith Master is still out there waiting to strike.

Bravo! =D=

The downside? The story's finished! I won't get to read any new posts! :_|

Unless of course there's a sequel...

Congratulation on the finished product, ROGUE_49!
  18. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
  19. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
  20. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
  21. JuniorPadawan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Very nice. Perhaps they'll do better in this AU huh?
  22. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
    it's been a while, but lets try an up anyways
  23. stumbleine Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi! I've been checking this story once in a while, and just wanted to say that I've enjoyed the ride. The idea of having Obi-Wan compete for his padawan was interesting and in my opinion well handeled. Have you considered continuing the storyline? I would love to see how their relationship developes in your GFFA.
    Anyhoo, good job!
  24. ROGUE_49 Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Darth-Buddy Jedi Master

star 3
    =D= great story. Thanks for writing it.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.