main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Against Fate (Obi/ Ani/Palpatine- post TPM, AU) -LAST POST #64- 9/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ROGUE_49, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Obi-wana - What did you guys do to my man?

EEEEEEKKKKK!

R49 When do we see more Corran? I am looking for a fix. More Obi would be fine too. Obi giving Aurra da boot would be better, or how about a little Obi/Aurra Force tango leading to a moment of pure bliss and utter confusion before they have to get back to the business at hand - killing each other. :D

Don't mind me I am just a little Sithy. Well you already knew that. [face_devil]

2. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Yeah TK- you put us on page 6. :D

Obi-wana - What did you guys do to my man?

EEEEEEKKKKK!

Don't worry- I will make Nicholas turn him back next time he's here. lol.

R49 When do we see more Corran? I am looking for a fix.

See, the point of an evil cliffie such as the one I left you at, [face_devil] is to make you suffer. I can'ty give you the fix so quick or you won't appreciate it as much. [face_mischief]- ok poor excuse, lol. I simply don't ahve a lot of time to write, though I will start as soon as inspiration strikes. I promise.

More Obi would be fine too. Obi giving Aurra da boot would be better, or how about a little Obi/Aurra Force tango leading to a moment of pure bliss and utter confusion before they have to get back to the business at hand - killing each other.

Oh Aurra will be back- haven't counted the posts though. Obi-Wan will be tangling with the council tonight first (Yes- I'm going to be nice and post tonight instead of tomorrow-hmm... or perhaps I should make you guys work for it- a few more posts of.. begging maybe??). Besides it's a little short, so it'll tide you over until we post the next slightly longer one- looking at what our little Jedi boys are up to...

Don't mind me I am just a little Sithy. Well you already knew that.

Oh yes, I did. ;)

-Rogue

3. boady22

boady22 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2003
    A babe bounty hunter...sweet! We need more of those around .

Excellent job!!!

4. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    lol- you know where we got her from boady? She's a real SW character if you weren't aware.

-Rogue

5. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002

?No!?

Obi-Wan fought the urge to flinch at the sharp refusal. ?But Master Yoda-?

?Why make this request do you, hmm??

The Knight straightened, mentally tightening his shields, if that was anymore possible, and raising a defiant chin he stared into the Jedi Master?s eyes, those all-knowing eyes. ?It is my duty,? he stated confidently.

?Duty.? Now, at the mocking tone in Yoda?s voice, Obi-Wan did flinch, ever so slightly, but only the little green Master seemed to notice. ?Hmmm...?

This was ridiculous, the Jedi Knight thought to himself. I am not a mere Padawan anymore, subject to his silly games. Obi-Wan?s heart clenched in his chest. Promise me you will train the boy. He struggled to swallow the lump trying to invade his throat, cutting off his air supply and making him dizzy. That was Yoda?s game. He was determined to make Obi-Wan Anakin?s master.

But it was not a game. No one knew of the promise he had made to Qui-Gon. Yoda was seeking to manipulate him for his own ends, and Obi-Wan refused to let the Master succeed by making him feel guilty, unwittingly achieving his goal. It was not Obi-Wan?s duty to train Anakin, he told himself more stubbornly than ever. He forced all thoughts of the initiate aside. The purpose for which he was here was much too important.

Mace Windu interrupted his thoughts. ?Your duty, Knight Kenobi, is to the Jedi Order and to this Council.?

Obi-Wan inclined his head. ?With all due respect, Master Windu, my duty is to the Force, and I feel it is calling me to finish what I started.?

?It is finished!? Yoda insisted loudly, accompanying his outburst with a well-timed thwack of his gimer stick on the chamber?s floor.

?It is as Master Yoda says,? stated Plo Koon. ?Qui-Gon Jinn?s Sith attacker is dead.?

Yarael Poof continued for the Kel Dor. ?What more can you hope to accomplish by attending the settlement negotiations on Naboo??

Obi-Wan hesitated for a moment. He honestly didn?t know exactly what he would do. He only knew that it was necessary for him to have this opportunity to gain any information he possibly could first. If this first request of the Council were denied, he would have nowhere to even start from. The Knight turned to face the Jedi Master. ?It is not finished.? Then, more softly, ?There is still at least one more Sith out there,? Obi-Wan said, as he returned his gaze to Master Yoda.

There was a single sharp inhale of breath that seemed to still the entire Council chamber. It was at that moment that the clouds shifted, allowing a solitary ray of light to stream through one of the massive glass windows. It settled upon the chamber floor just to Obi-Wan?s upper-right, illuminating the precise spot where for years, his beloved master had stood in defiance before the Council.

Now Obi-Wan was alone, the broad emptiness of the expansive room almost palpable in the aching silence. Since his master had died, Obi-Wan had not been able to bring himself to step up to his rightful place, centered before the other Jedi Knight?s and Masters, that place where his master had always stood beside him. Until the day when Qui-Gon had elected to push his faithful apprentice aside and replace him with the Tatooine slave boy. Obi-Wan had been hurt by such an easy dismissal, but he could not resent his master for it. It did not matter anyway. Obi-Wan was now a Jedi Knight. He had proven himself worthy of the title, and he would not dishonor his master?s memory by letting the Council members stomp on him.

A single step took him into the light.

All eyes were drawn to Obi-Wan, as that ray of sunlight lovingly caressed the strong features of his beautiful face. Determination shone in those deep blue eyes, and no one was prepared to fight against such emotion.

Yarrell Poof was the first to break the silence, though quite cautiously. ?And if we grant permission for you to go to Naboo, Knight Kenobi, but disallow any further attempts to... hunt down this Sith??

Obi-Wan eyed the Master unabashedly. ?I

6. boady22

boady22 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2003
    No i didn't know she was a SW charater . What is she from?

Love the new post , this story has me hooked . I' wondering , are you two going to cover what happened to Jedi Master Syphadeious(sp)? According to ATOC it happend around this time .

7. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Just got caught up with this fic! Really awesome! I really love the interesting (but highly realistic) take on Ani-Obi: the early days!

The character build-up of Ani/Obi, Dooku/Sid and even good ole Aurra is wonderful! Obi-Wan sure has his wits about him in wanting to find out about the remaining Sith. The other Council members seem rather laid-back about this - explains their untimely demise around EIII?

I am puzzled as to why Yoda and Sid both feel (in their very entertainingly different ways) that Obi-Wan would be the most effective teacher for Anakin. This certainly goes against what many Qui-Gon and Anakin fans swear by!

Most of all, I like the undercurrent of humor in this story, just like Obi-Wan's character! Post more, and soon, please!

8. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    boady- No i didn't know she was a SW charater . What is she from?

Well, she has her own SW hisotry and all that you can look up in Unofficial SW Galactic History Encyclopedia (or something like that- I don't have the address handy), but you can actually see Aurra Sing in Episode 1. During the pod race, she's shot in the upper right of the screen as Anakin tears into the canyon. Halcyon can probably tell you more particulars of the scene- which round and such. I know it's there and I still miss it most of the time 8-}.

Love the new post , this story has me hooked . I' wondering , are you two going to cover what happened to Jedi Master Syphadeious(sp)? According to ATOC it happend around this time .

Thanks- hehe! [face_devil]- hooking people is good. As to Master S, it wasn't really in the plan- it's been very interseting to see how this storyhas developed as we've written. In case you weren't aware, we're much farther ahead in writing than where we are posting. So many things have happened that we never expected. Ifinspiration stirkes perhaps we will wrangle some tidbit in. Some things relative to Episode two are simply implied, but you as readers probably don't always cathc them. It's difficult too because of the AU slant some of this has, especially the Dooku role. :D
    oopppss!! Got to go get ready for church- back to our new reader (or replier I suppose) when I get back ;)

-Rogue

9. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    OMG that was so funny. Yoda is having a hissy-fit!

10. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    forever_jedi- Can I call you anythign for short?

We're thrilled to have you reading!

I really love the interesting (but highly realistic) take on Ani-Obi: the early days! Glad you approve of our little twist- that's why we tried it- it sounded interesting. ;) And the of the story just had to come along.

The character build-up of Ani/Obi, Dooku/Sid and even good ole Aurra is wonderful! Obi-Wan sure has his wits about him in wanting to find out about the remaining Sith. The other Council members seem rather laid-back about this - explains their untimely demise around EIII?

Thanks :)- Yeah, Obi is the one most concerned right now, or at least the only one prepared to do something about it. It's definitely a priority right now. But it will be intresting to see how those priorities shift a bit as the story continues..... As for the other council members- Yoda has certainly deviated from his original character, yet we're trying to keep him as same old stubborn gremlin everyone loves- just changing his perspective. The Jedi's apparent lack of concern over the Sith, though I beleive they are aware of the threat, has not affected them as the Naboo incident should have. In AOTC, you get this image of impending darkness from Yoda's words- which we all understand to mean as the rise of Palpatine and the empire, yet the Jedi honestly do seem completely unaware of the significance of everythign that has happened. I think that our portrayal- filling in the gap- goes to show why, after 10 years, they are still no farther in discovering exactly who's behind the Sith rising- why in AOTC it almost seems as if they've gone a step backwards (IMO).

I am puzzled as to why Yoda and Sid both feel (in their very entertainingly different ways) that Obi-Wan would be the most effective teacher for Anakin. This certainly goes against what many Qui-Gon and Anakin fans swear by!

I guess part of that may be the Obi lovers in us. I guess I have always looked at it as fact that Ani will fall- I'm really not into those AU stories where he doesn't actually. However, the way that Lucas created Obi-Wan Kenobi to play such a large role in bringing blance to the Force, by bringing Luke into the picture (I don't know if anyone will relaly deny his importance in A New Hope) has brought me to view him as the key outside member in the entire success of turning the galaxy back towards the light. If that is what he was created (by Lucas) to be, destined by the Force to be, it seems quite realistic to me to expect him to accomplish this sooner (successfully traiing Anakin) rather than later (revealing Luke to the galazy). Because we know the story, that Anakin will fall, no one really expects him to have been the only and best choice to train our future Vader. At the same time, you're right to question this because you know that Sidious, Yoda, or anyone else do not know that it is Obi-Wan's destiny to play a large role in bringing the Force to balance. I guess I just look at it as a privilige of an omnicient writer [face_mischief] . Now does that make sense? Or are you still unsure of our (my) motivation. I know it may have seemed a little confusing- my tendency to think in circles does that sometimes.

Most of all, I like the undercurrent of humor in this story, just like Obi-Wan's character! Post more, and soon, please!

Hey- I'm all for humor. Em and I do our best to come up with funny lines and scenarios. Humor can really drive a story when it's not overdone. And yes- Obi-Wna is a funny guy, and since this story is about him... we dimply couldn't have wrote him without it even if we had wanted to.

We'll be posting more probably by Tues. Em and I haven't discussed it yet. I have to catch up on typing it up or we'll end up with a stretch of no posts being ready to be posted. I should get some done over break though, so no need to worry yet.

Once again thanks for reading- hope to see you here often!

darla- hehe! Yoda is having a hissy-fit!

Pretty entertaining

11. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    Rogue Call me fj for short!

Fear not: I will be here, I don't lurk much. And I am a confirmed Obi-Wan fan, so it's all good for me!

I certainly agree that in AotC, the Jedi seem to have made no prgress at all finding out anything about the Sith. So, your scenario is very realistic in terms of the Council not wanting to take a proactive step finding out more about the Sith.

About Obi-Wan training Anakin: I see what you mean. My impression of the SW saga (so far), is that Anakin was not meant to be trained as a Jedi, even though he was the CO. In my opinion, because Obi-Wan trained him and none other, he starts to remember his former life in the OT, when Luke's emergence starts the big meltdown in Vader. He keeps telling Luke "Obi-Wan this and Obi-Wan that." In Obi-Wan's training of Luke, Vader sees reflected his own padawan days and this, in part, helps him in the final decision to toss Palpy over the reactor railing.

Ok, waiting for the next post and hopefully, the Aurra/Obi showdown. My SW 2003 calendar has pics of Zam and Aurra for the month of April - she certainly looks cool!

12. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    fj- About Obi-Wan training Anakin: I see what you mean. My impression of the SW saga (so far), is that Anakin was not meant to be trained as a Jedi, even though he was the CO.

I'm not exactly sure I agree with the fact that Anakin wasn't supposed to be trained, but I'd be interested to hear what you think would have happened to him then (oohhh- I smell a plot bunny) before I analyze the thoguht a bit more.

In my opinion, because Obi-Wan trained him and none other, he starts to remember his former life in the OT, when Luke's emergence starts the big meltdown in Vader. He keeps telling Luke "Obi-Wan this and Obi-Wan that." In Obi-Wan's training of Luke, Vader sees reflected his own padawan days and this, in part, helps him in the final decision to toss Palpy over the reactor railing.

Ok- I think I maybe a little confused in where your two readings connect... are you agreeing that the training that Anakin recieved from Obi-Wan played a significant role in turning him? I mean, I definfietly see that as a logical way to look at it, but I'm not connecting that with your first thought. Maybe you're just syaing that Obi-Wan training Anakin rather than some other Jedi was simply the better of two evils???

Ok, waiting for the next post and hopefully, the Aurra/Obi showdown. My SW 2003 calendar has pics of Zam and Aurra for the month of April - she certainly looks cool!

What's funny is that Em and I got a lot of our basic info off that calendar. It's certainly neat looking- both of them. Awe.. shucks- all the pics are cool in that thing. I wish I had one 8-}. I don't really use calendars (it's lal in my head ;), but it'd be worth it for the pics. 8-}.

Next post in a day or two probably. And who says there will be a showdown between Obi-Wan and Aurra. We just thought she'd be a fun character to introduce and then kill off in like a space crash or something before she could really threaten our Obi [face_devil].

Rogue

13. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    go obi, need this you do

14. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    ah- so you are around PaddyJuan. Just a lurker huh? ;)

-Rogue

15. Halcyon03

Halcyon03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    Lol-- PaddyJuan posted on page 5, Ash! You even made a verbal comment on my reply to that post! 8-} Short term memory???

16. BrassyDarth03

BrassyDarth03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2003
    Oh no! So much to say and so little time! I think I might have to post in two sections again. [face_mischief] Anyway...first I think I ought to set my blunder from last week straight. Wow~~I am sorry!! :_| I did not mean to defame Obi-Wan!! Horror of horrors! I think I let my fingers get the best of me there. Perhaps I really ought to do a little more proofreading of my posts before I submit them. Or, [face_laugh] at least I should check my pronouns!! So...yeah...Obi-Wana!!! [face_laugh]

Bye for now!! :_| I'll post more later don't worry. So little time.

17. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    OMG your killing me with the funnys!

I havent laughed this much since...I got the image of a female Obi-Wan in my head!

18. SHADOW13

SHADOW13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    I didn't lose interest I've just been bogged down in school work and I still have up coming SATs so i might not comment for a bit.
    Very good posts

BTW, I haven't read all of it yet cause I'm really busy at the moment but I'll find the time soon

19. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Em- Short term memory??? Um... yeah, lol.

BD- Aren't you supposed to be working on calc this period, Nicholas? I don't' want Em getting mad at me. And you're forgiven for Obi-Wana, 8-}

darla- yes, we're all dying of laughter.

SHADOW13- Oh, I understand- DRL is a pain. Hopefully you'll have some free time with Easter break coming up. ;) I know I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Thanks for reading meanwhile.

-Rogue

20. Rogue27

Rogue27 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    UP!.....so frustrating when you can't even find time to read and enjoy...i will be back!
    ~kc~

21. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    hey- it's shorter than usual, you should have enough time in 6th hour tomorrow, or third after you type up your abstract ;)

-Rogue

22. Halcyon03

Halcyon03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    Beat me to this one too! 8-}

Well, here's an up for us, at any rate. Not that we really need it, but, it's something to do. ;) Glad you're enjoying the story and comments so much, darla! Hey BD- did you know that you could EDIT the posts? I'll have to show you that trick ;) Not that you NEED to change the "her" to "him", but it may restore some of Obi-Wan's... er... Obi-Wana's dignity! 8-}

23. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    hehehehehehehe! [face_laugh]

-yes this is another pointless up

-Rogue

24. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    Perhaps Obi-Wan had a hidden twin ala Leia, named Obi-Wana???

Rogue49 I'll be back later to discuss canon Anakin's training, Obi,Jedi, etc. DRL is bad at the moment!

25. BrassyDarth03

BrassyDarth03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok- here we go. LOL I promised you a larger and more extensive reply so...I hope this qualifies as one. :)

"What more can you hope to accomplish by attending the settlement negotiations on Naboo??

Hmmm...I gave this some thought and I came up with three definite possibilities for why Obi-Wan could possibly want to go back. I obviously have stronger tendencies towards one of them.
    1) Obi-Wan treats the whole thing as a sense of duty. He feels he has to pay a tribute to his master by ensuring that the last endeavor that they tackled together is seen to the finish. This I suppose can go along with his feelings of anger towards Qui Gon's decision to take Ani on so quickly. Ech! What a feeling of rejection--being replaced by some kid. Now he is expected to train him. Lol! This definitely goes along with the whole childish attitude in both Anakin and Obi-Wan. It is quite ironic that they become master and apprentice.
    2) Obi-Wan feels like he has to prove himself. Qui-Gon did seem to reject him...somewhat. Now maybe Obi-Wan feels that he must prove what he is made of. Definitely a arrogant, male quest... huh Ash?? 8-}
    3) Obi-Wan feels like the mission to Naboo will be his scapegoat to not training Anakin. By getting away, someone else will no doubt be made to take the boy on as an apprentice. And with Dooku lurking in the shadows...this is so ironic!!! Everything would have worked out too perfectly...in the wrong direction!!! Of course, that makes me wonder, if Dooku would "steal" Anakin how would the boy turn out. He wouldn't have Padme to "deal" with and and he would never have a son to contest him. OUCH!!! That would be the perfect opening for Dooku to take. Except...LOL...Obi-Wan just ain't that dumb or stubborn. I hope....

?I will do so with or without the Council?s support.?

Oh wow!! It seems so unlike Obi-Wan to say this. Kinda funny actually. I would really pay to see the reaction of the council. Face wise that is. We are definitely getting a full picture of Yoda. Humph!! LOL Its funny that Yoda says something to OW about sensing Qui-Gon's defiance when OW demands to take Ani as an aprrentice back at the end of the first movie. Now, Yoda says the same thing when Obi-Wan has reservations about taking Anakin as an apprentice. Very ironic. Hypocritical Yoda!! [face_devil] Not quite right! LOL

Yoda?s bullying had only made him more stubborn and reluctant to even consider taking Anakin as his Padawan. He just needed some more time. Time he would get while on Naboo.

Ahhh!!! Ouch. I can sense some really tense posts coming on. Leaving Dooku alone with Anakin. Of course, that is assuming he won't come along...somehow. LOL Can't wait. You got me pumped here.

If the Jedi Master thought Obi-Wan would simply stay at the Temple, presenting opportunities for the gremlin to maneuver the Knight into unavoidable encounters with a certain young initiate, he was quite mistaken.

Gremlin!! [face_laugh] It is hard to picture Yoda as a Gremlin in the first place. But, then to top it all off....I got a picture of the movie "Gremlins" in my head. ROTFL!! Its a good comparison though...he is short and green. LOL [face_laugh]

It is going to be so hard to pry myself away from this for over a week. :_| Not as hard as other things though. ;) I am going to have to sneak on. Are you planning to post over Easter? Very, very nice!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.