main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Age Matters Not?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by windu4, Dec 15, 2012.

1. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    I think that age is highly relative, especially in a science fiction environment. It isn't uncommon to see an "elderly" guy participating in a marathon. In fact, I ran a 5k a couple years ago and was utter smoked by a guy who was 69 (I was about 23-24 at the time and in decent shape). That said, I'm 27 and have bad joints and a mystery illness due 10 years of being in the army and general poor living. I feel older than I should most days.

Can a 75 year old perform at peak efficiency? Nope.
    Can a 75 year old perform adequately? Sure. You don't have to look at sci-fi for examples of tough old guys. I have absolutely no problem with Han Solo doing what he does. It not like he's doing backflips and one armed pushups.

2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Odan-Urr seemed very weak in the last part of TOTJ.
    Exar Kun didn't need to do much. He was already a living fossil.

3. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    All of you smartasses have forgotten the evolution of human or any sentient being (of non-human race) in space faring universe. The human psyche and body have adjusted to this age through a certain evolutionary process. I think even the simple humans (civilians) in SW universe are superior compared to let's say ourselves. Not to mention the Force factor in case of the Jedi, which allows the Force user to draw upon its energy. But I agree, there should be more aged people in SW comics. But at the same time has the medicine and technology not reached its peak in SW universe, when a certain medical treatment can regenerate human organs, injured parts to a near perfect health condition, if you have the money of course, not to mention the cloning of vital organs? We're talking about 30 000 + years old Galactic civilization. If they have fully intelligent droids, why shouldn't they have superior medical treatment for the organics.