main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Age of Anakin in Ep. VI?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by shockidelica, Dec 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shockidelica

shockidelica Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2003
    Does anyone know how old Anakin/Vader is supposed to be in ROTJ or how old the actor portraying him was at the time of the filming?

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    He's 9 in TPM, and ANH takes place 32 years later. RotJ is around three years after ANH, iirc, so he's about 44 in Episode VI.

3. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    A GUIDE TO THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE puts Anakin as being born 55 years before ANH. ROTJ is four years later, so that would make him 59 at the time. (Of course, if TPM esbtalishes he's nine, then I guess the GUIDE information is now wrong.)

The actor who played Anakin at the end, Sebastian Shaw, was about 78(!) at the time. (He passed away in 1994, by the way.)

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I have always thought that ROTJ took place 5 years after ANH. . .

5. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    All the timelines I've seen place ESB three years after ANH, and ROTJ one year after ESB. (Thus making it four years after ANH.) :)

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Lucas originally intended Vader/Anakin to be in his 60's during ROTJ, and Obi-Wan in his 70's.

This was dropped when Lucas altered his timeline of events when he finally wrote the prequels and shaved off about 20 years from the characters and overall events.

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    He's 45 or thereabouts, depending just how much time ESB spanned. Check out the forum FAQs. Also, welcome to the boards. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.