Age of EU Readers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sgtelias31, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgtelias31 Jedi Knight

star 1
    After seeing a similar thread in the collecting forum I was wondering, how old are EU readers? Also, when did you start reading the EU and with what book?

I'm just about 19 and I started reading the EU when I was around 11 with the Thrawn Trilogy. I never actually finished any books back then though.
  2. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    I am 25 and I've been reading the EU for about twelve years now.
  3. saber_death Jedi Master

star 4
    21 years old, been reading the EU off and on since around 10 or 11 with TTT of course, but i only own the YJK series... one of these days when i actually have money to spend i'm gonna go out and buy a whole bunch of SW books.
  4. RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I'm 19 years of age, started out reading the Thrawn trilogy at age 9.
  5. Darth_Foo Force Ghost

star 4

my first EU books were the first 2 YJK when i was 13 and got TTT soon after.
  6. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Almost 25, started reading EU the summer after the SEs came out, which means just under 10 years.
  7. patchworkz7 Force Ghost

star 4
    30 this year and I started on the comics when TOTJ came out from DH and then later read Zahn (although not first printing, because it was Mara Jade's info in a EG that lead me to Zahn), and I read a few Bantam era books and didn't like the Armor War or Bounty Hunter Wars (whatever the name was) and stopped until HARD CONTACT, and then I went back and devoured almost the entire back catalogue with the exception of the last few Bantam books and some of the YA stuff.
  8. Eskimo9000 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm 17 and I've been reading them for about 6 years
  9. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    I'm twenty.

I read Shadows of the Empire when I was, uh, I don't know how old and then read through my school library's copies of the Thrawn Trilogy when I was twelve or so. I found the Essential Guide to Characters and The Sith War at around the same time in a second hand bookstore, which gave me a taste of the larger EU and its eras. I was also a big fan of Jedi Knight, though it ran pretty poorly on my mum's Compaq.

Anyway, we got the internet at home not long after and - still pretty heavily influenced by the Sith War stuff - "Ulicus" became my handle.

After that, I lost interest and paid no attention to EU material (and barely any to the prequels) until the release of Knights of the Old Republic... which got me back into Star Wars in a BIG way.

So, despite some quite early exposure, I've only really been a keen follower of the Expanded Universe since I was eighteen or so.
  10. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm 18, and started reading EU when I checked out Mission From Mount Yoda from the library in '97.
  11. Elena Jedi Knight

star 3
    18 - I started out with a copy of Delusions of Granduer an older girl lent me on a trip to Holland when I was seven.
  12. fuzzyjedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Im 23 and I started reading the EU at 9. Had a teached buy me TTT
  13. bnxian Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm 19-- and I started out reading Star Wars at age 13 with Shadows of the Empire. Great times :)
  14. NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm 25 and i started reading the EU wheni was like 18 or 19.
  15. dizfactor Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm 32, and I started out with the original Han Solo trilogy, Splinter of the Mind's Eye, and the Marvel comics series, and grew up into the WEG RPG sourcebooks. I have about 25 years experience with the EU, I guess.
  16. The_Pantless_Wookiee Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I'm sixteen, I started with the YJK series, but I really only got into the EU when I read TTT somewhere around five or six years ago.
  17. Darth_Hydra Force Ghost

star 4
    Aside from SOTME and the novelizations I started reading EU in 1996 when I was 19. I'm currently 29.
  18. Wrinty Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I'm 15 abd started about 3 years ago with the Jedi Academy books...I feel rather small and insigificant compared to you all.:p
  19. ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Started with SBS(oh yea, had never read SW before that and STILL cried when Anakin died) when i was 13. 18 now and ive read every book besides The BH warz and the 2 HS trilogies.
  20. Dingo Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm 25 now, and I started reading the EU when I was 7 with SotME, then picked up the Thrawn Trilogy when 9, and it's snowballed from there.
  21. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    Let's see, I'm 21 now, and I think I started reading Star Wars books some time around when the Special Editions were in theaters. I think I started with the Thrawn Trilogy, then moved on to just about any and every book that came out after that, especially the trilogies, like Black Fleet, Jedi Academy, went through the Young Jedi Knights series (never got around to Junior Jedi though), I probably still have the Hand of Thrawn hardcovers lying around somewhere, then followed most of the NJO and bought most of the books until some time before SbS, then I just read them in the bookstore (as I was getting fed up with it). Only recently gotten interested in the Star Wars comics (usually I only read the TPBs, and my bookstore usually only got a few of them).

My enthusiasm tapered off during the NJO, but I've never stopped following the major events at least. Of course, wookiepedia helps a lot with that.
  22. magneto Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am 22 and I started reading EU when I was in grade 5 which puts me at 11 years old! The first novel I read was "Jedi Search". I was watching the SW trilogy years before that.
  23. LtNOWIS Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm 18. I dunno, I've read stuff on and off since around 2001.
  24. ARC-77 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm sixteen, and started the EU with SotE when I was in second or third grade, so I guess I was about 8 or 9.
  25. Lord Vivec Force Ghost

star 7
    I'm seventeen right now. I started when I was fifteen...and went through 35 novels in two years.[face_tired]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.