main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Age of Jabba's Dancer...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by hezekiaah, Apr 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hezekiaah

hezekiaah Jedi Master

Mar 25, 2011

How old was Jabba's first dancing girl, the Twi'lek one who warmed the dais for Leia, supposed to be roughly? Why did she decide to make Jabba mad?

2. HansShotFirst

HansShotFirst Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2011
    Okay I've officially decided that this isn't the star wars forum for me.

3. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I don't believe we're ever given an age for her, even roughly. So we could guess and estimate, but that's about it.

As for why she defies Jabba... last straw. She's put up with him for long enough, she's sick of it, and when he pulls her chain (literally) she knows what he wants but has no interest in doing so again. So she resists, and of course dies.

4. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    This. She got tired of him and wanted to rebel.

I often suspected she was inspired to do this because of Luke Skywalker because she, too, watched his hologram message of "I'm Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight..."

Maybe she thought that since a Jedi Knight was coming she would start her rebellion.

Of course it falls flat on her face. :(

As for her age? I always thought she was 20.

5. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    NINE YEARS OLD

6. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    This.

7. hezekiaah

hezekiaah Jedi Master

Mar 25, 2011
    20 does seem about right - but you're right, impossible to know for sure.

In what way did she "rebel" other than pulling on her chain a bit? I doubt, unless she was stronger than LEIA even, that tugging a bit would really keep her away from Jabba...
    It does seem right that she was inspired in some way by Luke coming...but at the same time that seems like really poor timing then. If anything, she should have sat and waited it out if she knew change was on the way.

I got the impression she tried to escape or insulted Jabba accidentally and that was her punishment. Or else she just wasn't too bright and thought she could convince him to let her go. At any rate, you're correct quite literally, she fell flat on her face :(

8. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    The source material only refers to her as "young". So based merely on her appearance I'd say late teens early 20s.

9. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I think what got Jabba pissed was when she "whipped" her chain. Right after she does this, he's surprised and begins to start pulling on it.

10. hezekiaah

hezekiaah Jedi Master

Mar 25, 2011
    Yeah, in the new addition that's exactly what it looks like. She whips him, he gets mad, she tries to get forgiveness and fails.

The original made it look more that she was trying to escape in order to avoid something he wanted to do to her...

Did she not think he would open the door on her? She must have known about it (though, again, the newer version makes it look like she has no idea what's in this big scary pit).

11. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I would guess 18-22 somewhere.

12. Avian005

Avian005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2009
    I'd say 22, or 23.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.