main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Age of Luke Skywalker?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jos-li-rogon, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jos-li-rogon

jos-li-rogon Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2006
    hey, i was wondering how old luke skywalker was during the dark nest III? The picture on the cover makes luke look like he hasnt aged at all...

2. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    55, I think.

3. jos-li-rogon

jos-li-rogon Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2006
    ok thanx for your help

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, 55 sounds right- born BBY, and Dark Nest starts 35 ABY and Swarm War is at least a year later than Joiner King.

5. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I'd guess the lack of aging is just to make him recognizable but, you could if you want justify it in-universe as the Force slowing his aging.

6. Master_Shan

Master_Shan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2005
    Well, he was hooded. Depending on the cover hes aged quite a bit. All of the big 3 have. The only exception to this is Mara, how on EVERY color looks the same...she aged to about 40 and stopped.

IMHO this is too consistent to be coincedental, teheve ages EVERYONE but her, there has to be a reason. There are speculations thats shes a sunrider, but I guess well see.

Anyway, Jedi are supposed to age slower depending on how much of the force they can draw on am I correct? So in theor Luke and Leia should have a decent span...not to mention in the SW galaxy the human lifespan is pretty long...around what? 130? 150? Anyway, Hans on a timer as of Legacy of the force. They've ben noting his "decreased reaction time" way too much for it to be a coincedence. Luke Leia and Mara should kick around untill the great grand kids...assuming their not killed.

7. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    60 is the new 40, and Leia gave Han another 50 years before he was out of the game (or something along those lines...)... I think life expectancy is around 120-140 or so?

8. TheJediMan

TheJediMan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2005
    Assumingthe average age is 12-140. then I could see Luke living to well past 500 assuming he does not die in battle.

9. Master_Shan

Oct 19, 2005
    Maybe 200-250. But I doubt even he could get past 300. Human Jedi can only go so far I Imagine. Yoda was 900 sure, but he's of some mysterious long lived species anyway. Yaddel was what? 500 when she died?

10. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    What if he gets Yuuzhan Vong implants? Or tries new force abilities, un-jedi-ish??

11. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Skywalker is 54yrs as of the last book

34 in Shield of Lies, 12yrs after Endor
    12yrs since Solo was with Spaar in Remant
    TUF a year later
    Swarm War 6yrs later
    Confused yet? Haven't beaten the Rubic's cube in 18yrs, so stuff you.
    That would make him . . . ah, bugger it

This way is better . . . 22 ROTJ . . . 54 now!

12. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    IMHO this is too consistent to be coincedental, teheve ages EVERYONE but her, there has to be a reason. There are speculations thats shes a sunrider, but I guess well see.

She's a clone. Get over it. I hate her Mary Sueism. What's consistent is that they can only have 14 year old boys drool over her if she isn't portrayed as an old hag.

13. TheJediMan

TheJediMan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2005
    With as strong as Luke is in the force I just see him living at least 3 or 4 times as long as an average human. Assuimg he doesn't die of something other then old age that is.

14. Crazy_Old_Kermit

Crazy_Old_Kermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    Yeah, I agree. I figured Han would be the first of the original three to go, since he is the oldest and non-Jedi. Maybe Leia has been making up for some extra years by getting into the Jedi art.

15. Master_Shan

Oct 19, 2005
    lol, u r such a mara hater man.

16. Senator_Lorena

Senator_Lorena Jedi Master star 2

Oct 21, 2003
    What would it mean if Mara were a Sunrider? I'm barely familiar with the comics. I know ther was a Naomi (sp?) Sunrider, but I don't know what her family would have to do with Mara and lack of aging.

17. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    Apparently they live a long long time.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Leia said in Truce of Bakura that, upon hearing someone died at 120-something, that it was somewhat below the average lifespan.

19. Senator_Lorena

Senator_Lorena Jedi Master star 2

Oct 21, 2003
    Was Vema/Vima (sp?) a Sunrider? If so, I get it, now. She was very old in the Emperor Reborn graphic novel.

20. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Ex: Luke is 23 in ROTJ. [face_not_talking] :p :-B [face_shame_on_you] [face_skull]

21. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

18 in Star Wars. ROTS is four years later. As I said, 22, right?

The Foster novel says "twice the age of the ten year olf vaporator" though. :p

Lets bring up Durron! Anderson wrote the original 18in Jedi Apprentice, which underwent Stackpolean modification.

22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    He's 18, but about to turn 19. ROTJ happens four years later, but after his birthday, making him 23.[face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.