main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Age of Luke

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by theman54, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Good way to put it.
    That's what I always thought anyway, that he looked wiser and more mature- just as his character should have been by that point.

2. JOHNNY-B

JOHNNY-B Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2003
    He looks like he's late 20's or early 30's in that picture.

3. Mos_Eisley

Mos_Eisley Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2004
    LFL seems to have two different timelines going that contradict each other by two years.

When TPM came out, they said it took place 30 years before ANH. That means that if AOTC and ROTS unfold over 13 years(10 years between TPM and AOTC and 3 years between AOTC and ROTS), that leaves 17 years between ROTS and ANH.

But on the back of the latest re-release of the OT, it says that it has been 19 years since ROTS.

19 makes more sense with regard to how old Mark Hamill looks.

Man, I am such a nerd for pointing this out.

4. AJSkywalker

AJSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    there are only 3 years between each picture I think and I think mark looks just fine
    [image=http://www.nndb.com/people/898/000022832/markhamill1.jpg]

[image=http://media.g4tv.com/images/imagedb2/329/32937_L.jpg]

and a good job on the plastic surgury

5. vaders_cape

vaders_cape Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2005

I've always thought Mark looked just fine! :D

Seriously though, they did do a good job on reconstructing his face. I believe Mark's words to describe his mutilated face was "raspberry pie" and the surgeons had to work from a photo.

That fresh faced look had to go what with the hero's journey taking its toll on Luke and as he matured, it was just a rather brutal way of dealing with it!

6. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005

Ooh, raspberry pie? I think the surgeons did a fine job. Mark still looked life himself - just older. And normally, people age as time goes by.:p

7. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    I've always figured there was less than three years between ANH and Empire. Shadows of the Empire establishes there is about six months between TESB and ROTJ. So that makes Luke 22-23 in ROTJ. I never really noticed Mark's age difference until recently. In Empire he is 27 or 28 and he still looks baby faced.

8. invader_jenny

invader_jenny Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2005
    As I recall, there is about 12 months between ESB and ROTJ, but of course there is 3 years between the filming of the two movies. So naturally, Luke is going to look a wee bit older than his character really is. But just like everybody is saying, during those 12 months he's had to fight some pretty intense demons. It's finals week here and believe me, my tests struggles are making me age. Imagine poor Luke and what he has to deal with.

9. Lyvia

Lyvia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    My timelines
    Luke*Leia
    ANH-17
    ESB-20
    ROTJ-21
    Han Solo
    ANH-24
    ESB-27
    ROTJ-28, unless I want to be cute and subtract a year from Han while he was frozen which makes him still 27
    Mark Hamill looked around the age Luke would be in ESB but I admit he seemed to age alot in ROTJ, and why do people try to blame the sun for how every one looks. Anakin grew up on Tatooine and he hasn't aged a decade ahead of his real age. Luke in ANH has been living on Tatooine for 17-20 years and he looks very young.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.