main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Age of the Jedi Council

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Senator_Cilghal, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    For the one in the Kotor game there appears to be 4 memebers. Not sure if there is more but that's what we get to see. I could be wrong but I think the one Dantoonie could just be the jedi academy with them in charge and with the main council someplace else. Not sure. Would have to reply the game to see.

If I'm recalling correctly there are two human males, on yoda-like jedi master, and a Twi'lek male.

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Okay, so after Ulic's death, Vima forms the new "small, concentrated" Council first seen in KOTOR on Dantooine, correct?

Vima would be too young to do so after Ulic's death as she was only 13 or 14 at the time. As I was corrected on the first page by both Matthew Trias and Valiento, Nomi does indeed speak of working to form a new Jedi Council in Redemption. And as I pointed out in my post after their correcting me, she says this in issue 1 when Vima is put in mortal jeopardy by her own brash actions. Which would put it early in the TPM.

3. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I've got Secrets of the Sith, and it doesn't say anything about an older, larger Jedi Council.

TC

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Then it was another source then, sorry that I don't remember where I read it exactly, :p...

However, Redemption is one of the sources from which we know that there was an older different council, and Nomi set up a "New Council"...

5. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Something I just thought about. DLotS shows a Jedi Council made up entirely of Jedi Masters. It appears after the Great Convocation on Deneba and is located, I believe, on either Onderon or Ossus. We briefly see it before the Jedi and Beast Riders set out for Cinnigar to get Ulic. Masters Thon, Vodo Siosk Baas, and Odun Urr looked to be some of the members.

6. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    I think you are referring to the Jedi Assembly. In the old TOTJ days, IIRC, there wasn't a small Council, but from time to time a Jedi Assembly would be called of ALL the Jedi Masters, to discuss important issues. Whether or not there was a small, select Jedi Council separate from this, I don't know. POTJ SB seems to talk about a TOTJ-era Jedi Council, but this may=the Jedi Assembly.

As far as I know, the first small, select Jedi Council (ie, only includes some, not all Jedi Masters) is the one on Dantooine, assumedly started by Nomi Sunrider's "reform program." And we even know that in TPM the Council inc. a Knight who was not a Master (Mundi), a significant difference, I believe, from the Assembly, which IIRC was just Masters (albeit lesser Jedi may have "tagged along").

This is the best of my understanding: corrections, details welcome. I only own 5 TOTJ comics (The Beast Wars and the Saga of Nomi Sunrider) and have read a handful of others (The Sith War w/Exar Kun and the one with the explorer twins), that is it. All my other knowledge of TOTj is second-hand, as is my KOTOR knowledge!

7. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    The Jedi Council existed prior to KOTOR. When the Jedi assembled on Deneba to discuss the outbreak of war in the Empress Teta system they were cleary depicted.

In fact they warned Nomi Sunrider and Cay Qel Droma not to be brash in their plan of rescueing Ulic Qel Droma. If I'm not mistaken Thon and Vodo Siosk Baas were members.

Odan Urr and Ood Bnar may have been too. :confused:

<[-]> Saber

8. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    The Great Convocation on Deneba was the Jedi Assembly. What appears toward's the end of DLotS appears to be a council of a select number of Masters. And looking at it, I'd add Ood Bnar to the previous list of known masters on this council.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.