main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Agen Kolar's Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JayTee_Erricck, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Greetings, Everyone.

Especially to the Jedi fans.

When the Agen Kolar figure came out this year, I bought & added him to my collection of 3 3/4" figures. [As is with many fans, I've been collecting them since 1977 / 1978.]

I was watching Revenge of the Sith on DVD the other day & noticed that, in his scene where he accompanies Mace Windu in their attempt to arrest Palpatine, Agen Kolar ignites his BLUE lightsaber. Yet, the figure comes with a green one.

Anyone else notice this?

I have since replaced his green blade with a blue one.

It's 1:44 a.m. here in Hawai'i now so I'll stop writing here. Too tired to go on without babbling (more).

May the Good Side of the Force be with you.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

2. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    yea. The hard core collectors hate it, but I dont mind so much. I just used one of Grievous sabers.

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Possibly due to the fact that Agen Kolar used a green saber in AOTC. Geuss they changed it in ROTS because 1 purple, 1 blue and 2 green lightsabers look cooler than 1 purple and 3 green.

4. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Wasn't that Eeth Koth in AOTC though? I believe the character was made a new person in ROTS because the actors looked too different.

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Eeth Koth was in the Council scenes (all the Council members apart from Yoda, Mace, Shaak and Coleman were used from archive footage of TPM) in TPM and AOTC. Agen Kolar was created in AOTC because he didn't look remotely like Eeth Koth (why get a black actor to play a character who was white in the previous film in the first place then?). Agen Kolar can be seen fighting on Geonosis, Eeth Koth is not shown.

But for ROTS, no archive footage was used in the Council scenes, so Agen Kolar was on the Council instead of Eeth Koth. So, to summarise:

TPM: Eeth Koth
    AOTC: Eeth Koth (Council), Agen Kolar (Geonosis)
    ROTS: Agen Kolar

Exact same deal with Adi Gallia and Stass Allie, and Stass is actually Adi's cousin [face_plain]

6. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    No, Eeth Koth was only really seen in TPM.

You're right about the character name change though. The Jedi that wound up being named Agen Kolar was originally supposed to just be Eeth Koth in AOTC and they changed the name because he looked too different. The same thing happened with Adi Gallia and Stass Allie between TPM and AOTC as well.

Supposedly Eeth Koth died when the Gunship he was on was destroyed in AOTC according to some sources...but I don't think you can actually see him in the movie itself. It was just an EU detail added later to give some purpose to a random effects shot of a ship blowing up.

7. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    -HD-YaebGinn, JediMasterGuff, MarcusP2 & darcphoenyx,

Great responses & interesting info here, gang. To add to the trivia, there is a page in the "Making of Revenge of the Sith" book that features a pic of Mace Windu & a few of the Jedi that accompanied him in the mission to arrest Chancelor Palpatine. The accompanying caption lists the horned Jedi as "Eeth Koth" (which I'm sure is a mistake) even though it was clearly Agen Kolar that was with Mace, Kit Fisto & Saesee Tiin [All R.I.P.].

In any case, I replaced my Kolar figure's lightsaber blade with a blue one (to be movie accurate). I have so many broken saber blades (the ones with the "nipples" on the ends that fit into the hilts) that I'm hoping to one day buy a whole batch to replace them. I bought one of the Grievous figures with the 4 sabers (took them all away from him to give to the Jedi...he can just use his blaster). Don't think I'll be buying more of the same Grievous figure just to get more sabers, though.

Maybe I should start a petition to Hasbro/Kenner to make a "spare lightsaber pack" for sale. Anyone interested in signing it?

Jay Tee

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I know Brians Toys does vintage replica weapon packs but I don't know if they do them for modern figures.

9. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    They're not making sabers like that anymore. A spare set would be pretty cool, though. I have quite a few extras that I just set aside in a mini Ziplock baggie. :)

10. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    LAJ_FETT & Phantom Menace,

Hello, folks. Thanx for the feedback!

If Hasbro/Kenner was ever to make a spare lightsaber pack for 3 3/4" figures, I'd hope they'd include lots of 'em (10 to 30 of 'um, maybe?!) and be of different types (the kind that separate from the hilt, the kind that are one solid piece, etc.) and are at least of all 3 of the Jedi colors.

Even though they've stopped making the 2-piece sabers, I'm sure they still got the molds for 'em. Would be nice if they cold help collectors out! Ha, ha.

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with you.

Jay Tee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.