main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Agenda for Sunday 18th September.

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Tay-Mar, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I've started this thread so we can all throw idea's around before we all get to sit down and talk next weekend, all that is required is -
    1/ The subject you would like to discuss
    2/ The reason you think we should/shouldn't discuss it

This thread is not for spamming and/or pointless posts, I would like us to have a clear agenda with a little structure to make things easier next week. Please add your thoughts and other subjects that you feel need to be discussed.

Code of Conduct, Leagle stuff regarding under 18's.
    I know Phill will be discussing these issues and I too would like to see them discussed and sorted.
    Future Events.
    I would like us to move forward on the scheduling thing and have a good idea of what events we will be attending before Christmas.
    Costuming.
    I would like us to discuss this in detail and after the meeting have a clear idea of where we're going with it.
    The CR's position.
    Phill has said that he will know what is happening in regard to the CR's position on the 18th, I would like us all to be aware of the outcome.

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    -Costumes
    -Whats happening at NSC and who is doing what
    -Midlands Banner
    -Midlands FFUK T-shirts
    -Introduction of any new members (might get izzy and gaz to come if i can go)
    -Paperwork for under 18's

I'll keep thinking.

3. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    i would "tactfully" like to broach the subject of spammage. seriously. it`s really starting to do my head in, and i don`t think i`m alone.

4. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Spammage is added to the list, as requested m8, although I'm sure this will be covered by the Code of Conduct.

5. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    couple of things have sprung to mind that we could discuss.

1: the idea skimmed over at the last meet at star city, the midnight release of ROTS on dvd ; any news, ideas, views with regards to this?

2: the october meet ; are we going ahead with a regular meet once a month? it`s a good idea IMHO as other-wise interest may wane. where shall we meet, when etc (ROTS is out on the 31st october, so this could be a meet, but a pretty anti-social one ( ?? ) as definately not everyone could do this) and the idea of a meet is a social setting. if we can get some of the ground covered before anything is posted we can avoid a thread that is spammed to frell and back.

3 things :p

3: on the regional board, someone suggested (lord_ogli i think) a lottery syndicate type thing. he nicked this from the washington dc board, i know this cos i saw it too and thought what a great idea :p . we could discuss this at the meet and take it from there; i.e. a treasurer, amount to put in the fund, amount to spend everyweek, numbers etc. we could put in a fiver each, have a line each every saturday, and at the next meet divvy up any winnings or just top up the fund. further discussion at the meet.

i`ll print this page out and bring it with me on sunday.

6. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    bit far ahead i know, but has anybody seen the line up for the next memorabilia?

7. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    thats cool but could we keep to this thread plz and if you going to discuss other conventions inform phil first because otherwise everyone has a go at you like they did me

8. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    this thread is for raising things to discuss on sunday, we can talk about memorabilia there. i am not trying to organise anything, or claiming to belong to organisations that i am blatently not involved in. memorabilia is a public event, thank you very much.

and you`re a right one for saying keep to the thread.

9. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Play nice or not at all.

You are both correct, memorabilia is a public event and I'm sure Lord Wiz will add it to the agenda as he see's fit. This thread is not for discussion regarding any event other than Sunday 18th September and I'd like to remain on track to give people the opertunity to post any last minute thoughts before we all get there.

I believe that we could shoe horn this into the 'Future Events' portion of the discussion.

any more for any more ?

10. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    well i want to put down another thing:-

Suggestions for future events or fundriasing ideas. or a star wars date we have to meet for e.g. release of episode 3 DVD

11. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Ok here's the list so far folks -

Introduction of new members
    CR's position and welcome Mark back in to the fold
    Legal stuff - Consent forms for under 18's
    Code of conduct - for both on and off the boards
    Future evnts - Who what where and when
    Costuming issues
    Open forum - members get to scream and shout about whatever they want

I'll have a list of bullet points to hand at the meeting, you will all have the chance to speak, without interruption so please remember that we'll be in a public place so keep it civilised.

If any of you want to add to this list, do so now because the clock is ticking.

12. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    Midlands banner
    and FFUK t-shirts that phil was sorting

and maybe telling each otr our real names so we know who everyone is. This will help new members and old members who haven't met any new members.

13. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Good evening, y?all.

These are the minutes from this evening meeting at Star City in Birmingham. Basically, all in all, I think we had another successful meeting, where a lot of ground was covered about recent events, and how were are going to resolve our issues, and how we are going to move forward in the future, and to be honest, what we needed to get done, got done tonight.

Firstly we were introduced to our newest members, Eleith, and Darkinhere, whom I hope had a pleasant evening in our company, and we didn't frighten too much. :p

The Code of Conduct and Other Legal Issues.

The issue of the C.O.C. was discussed at length by Phill in what we have to do as a group that converses on the boards, and what we are legally and morally expected to do in terms of ourselves, and members who are minors. The C.O.C. is still currently under final tweaking but will be completed soon. All in all, the members of the group are happy with the progress that has been made on it, and believe that the C.O.C. will be a good guide to have in place.

Future Events.

It seems that FF-UK:M will be a busy bunch of happy campers in the upcoming months. There are plenty of events to attend, such as:
    • National Space Centre 2 ? November 12th/13th.

• Our next meeting on the 22nd of October.

• Verity?s 30th Birthday bash in Nottingham on the 12th of November.

• Memorabilia on the 26th/27th of November.

Honorary Membership.

It was discussed that to add a bit of fun into the proceedings that we initiate members of the silver screen into our club as honorary members at gatherings that we take place with. It has been mentioned that Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) has expressed an interest in this, and this will be discussed further.

Costuming.

We have decided that we are going to handle this on a case-by-case basis. Currently there are couple of us that can?t go full on with this endeavour for various reasons, so we feel that if we do them as and when we can, it will be okay.

Graphics.

The graphics issue is being resolved. The group has expressed that the current style we have on our forums is a bit bland, and it is going to change. The avatar, with some minor tweaking should be up soon ? hopefully within the next 24 hours. The rest of the graphics are being worked on, on a continuing basis.

The Group Name.

No decision was really reached on this subject. A few ideas were thrown around, but nothing really got any enthusiasm, so this will be returned to at a later date. It was also mentioned that because we are a multi-franchise group, perhaps something that encompass that theme might be more appropriate for us.

Spammage.

This is an issue that will be continuously looked into, as in recent weeks, the issue of spam has been on the rise. The issue has been tackled, and will under surveylance in the future.

The Lottery Syndicate.

The syndicate issue was an idea ?borrowed? from the regional forum in where a group of us would band together to hold a syndicate. We would each pitch in the necisarry money at the beginning of that month, and the tickets would then be purchased. If it were found that we had won the jackpot, the money would be split evenly between the members participating, and anything that was more in terms, a small amount, would be kept to help fund us in terms of events that we may hold, eg tables, etc? or perhaps funding a night out for our members.

Dues.

The issue of Dues were raised this evening, along the lines of the lottery syndicate where a small amount of money would be obtained from each member, that would go towards funding things like meeting costs, or travel expenses for members.

The Chapter-Reps Position.

Well, I?m now obviously back into the fold. The ban has been lifted, and I am to return to the official position of Chapter Rep for the Midlands branch of FF-UK. I will be re

14. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    I will be reinstated some time this evening with my blue colours back

how come you`re red? :confused:

15. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    and my party's on the 12th

16. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    And where are the pictures?!:p

17. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002

Yeah what he said. :p

18. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    you missed out t-shirts etc

19. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    t-shirts were covered while you were there dave. phill said that we could design our own or get the image dimensions etc from him for the standard FF-UK one. :)

photo! photo! photo! photo!

20. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Hey, it was late when I typed this up...And I'm a mong! :D

21. darkinhere

darkinhere Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    I saw my doctor today, and after increasing my medication he said its fine to come back o_O
    No seriously, it was great to meet you all and I hope its the first of many

22. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    SO do we ! Good to see you there, not just because of the lift either !

23. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    PICTURES!!!!!

24. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    re: Dues.

Can you expand on this? It seems as though you are expecting people who want to be in this chapter to pay a regular fee to support those who cannot afford to travel to meet-ups themselves?!

Please clarify :)

25. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Dues!?!

Could this be for the "Fly Wendy to the UK Fund"!?! [face_praying]

Don't laugh, at least I have a dream....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.