main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

agenda ideas for October 8 meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by nordicgal, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Our October 8 meeting will be held in the Idaho Falls Public Library at 7:00 pm.

We need to put together ideas for our meeting agenda. Erin.....you and I already listed a few things, perhaps you could post them here?!?! (Thanks!)

Also, does anyone have any ideas for an activity for that night?

The club will be serving nachos for snacks!! Please remember, as always, to bring your own beverage.

2. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Why yes of course I can post what we talked about Laura.

WE need to talk about:
    Bowling for Kids's Sake
    The Halloween Party
    The Toy Drive
    The Christmas/New Years Party

WE also need to start talking about
    A name and logo change
    A website
    Newsletter
    t-shirts
    Electing a new officer or officers
    and talk about changing the by-laws

Fun fun fun.

3. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Perhaps we could also discuss Boo at the Zoo, since that isn't necessarily the same thing as our Halloween party.

4. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Erin - please add this to the agenda:

I need to briefly discuss the new library policies regarding renting rooms. The group should be aware of their new procedure and how it might affect us (especially if they charge us for a key deposit).

5. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    A couple of other things to add is a quick discussion on what would be fun activities to have after meetings and it might be good to talk about Celebration III, just to make sure everyone is on the same page as far as that goes. Plus the usual SW news and all that good stuff.

6. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Today I had lunch with a former co-worker from EITC, and she told me about a fund-raiser her new employer, the American Cancer Society, puts on each summer.

It's called "Relay for Life," and you walk to raise money for survivors of cancer and to support further cancer research. They hold it each summer.

It's like Bowl-for-Kids'-Sake in that you get pledges, and that you participate as a group. They hold it at Idaho Falls High School, in the football stadium. You pitch a tent in the infield and CAMP-OUT overnight! Your group walks a certain time, but other than that, you hang out and have a good time.

Sounds like an alternative charity event for us. Wendy said she could come to one of our meetings and show us a video and explain it better to us if we're interested.

Anyway.....I just want to mention this at the meeting. We can talk more about it later.

7. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I want to do fun stuff with the club after meetings. And here is my first idea. I will do it alone if need be, but if I could get ALL of you...

The corn mazes.
    At night.
    Everyone with a bright lightsaber. I have enough for all. Green shows up FANTASTICally well at night. Used the green saber to chase a grim reaper off of a rickity bridge a while back. ANd he had an axe. Ha. I whooped him.

And I want to do this THIS weekend. After the meeting when it is all dark and creepy (and before it gets too cold in late OCT).

8. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    BArry, that sounds awesome. Just post when they are open, and how much it costs. I would love to do this.

9. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    The cornmaze by the Riot ZOne is open all night, and is about $8 a person. That is only one that I have seen advertsied so far. Some years there is another one by the lewisview highway, and that one has scary poeple who scare you in maskes at night, but I havent seen it advertised yet. Ill check fridays paper.

But anywho, my lightsaber is itching me. Have to take it out for a spin in the real world.

10. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I"ve been to that one before, they usually do a a great job, plus the thing was huge.

11. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, Erin & I have come up with an awesome craft project for after the meeting. [face_idea] We plan on decopaging (sp?) pictures of our favorite Star Wars characters on the back of clear dinner plates. (You don't have to do a Star Wars theme - anything goes! Erin's doing a U2 plate.)

When your plate is finished, you can hang it on the wall, display it on your coffee table, or even eat off of it! (Just be careful when you wash it.)

The club will provide the plates and the glue. You just need to bring old magazines that you're willing to tear up. Other print sources, such as books, newspaper, or comic books, will also work.

This should be fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.