main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Alexsandr "Hot" Kallus

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Trebor Sabreon, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    With all the excitement over the avalanche of info yesterday and today's reveal of Sabine, I get the feeling we've almost glossed over what looks to be a terrific new character in his own right:

Imperial Agent Kallus:

[​IMG]

So what do we think about this fella?

- Bound to be the Inquisitor's right-hand man?

- Maybe an agent if ISB? COMPNOR?

What are you hoping to see in this guy, who looks to be the embodiment of the non-Force using Imperial element of the show?

Personally, I've always really hoped we'd see Imperial Intelligence covered in the new series in some form, maybe Kallus hails from these ranks?

I'll say this, I know that many of us have been hopeful about the Empire being much more capable foils for the heroes in Rebels than the CIS was often portrayed in TCW. With this in mind, I get a good feeling from both the name and the look of Agent Kallus, and I'd really like to know more about him. Here's one more introductory video I'd like to see released by Lucasfilm!

whostheBossk, Cevan, cdgodin and 5 others like this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    As I stated in the Rebels General Discussion thread, I bet he's the Inquisitor's right-hand man and he'll be killed in the first season, possibly, to be replaced by someone new in the second or third season. He also looks rather bland, but that's good for an Intelligence agent.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  3. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    You said it! Even if his look is appropriate for his job description, clearly, it will be his portrayal, rather than his design, that will make or break him.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I love his name and I hope his personality fits it like a glove. I want a cold hearted son of a ***** who's absolutely capable of anything in the name of the Empire. His look may be boring but that's what I love about it. He doesn't need to look like a Darth Maul or General Grievous or Darth Vader to be completely evil. Some of the most evil people in history look completely normal and that's what I expect to see from Kallus. A brutal individual who exemplifies the government he serves in every way.

5. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    They had to go for the obviously sinister name. I wonder how he got through the Imperial Academy like that.

6. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I just wonder who will voice him?

7. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    I can honestly say that I hate his character design, which is surprising since I either love or am okay with everyone else's. It's that stupid helmet! When I think of an Imperial Agent, I think of a suave or otherwise smooth spy. Not someone who looks ready to play a game of hover-ball or whatever the crap is the GFFA football equivalent.

Darth_Foo likes this.
  8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Man I looked at this character and I'm starting to get interested in Rebels more and more, but still can't get over the Clone Wars and the cancelleation. Don't want the same thing to happen to this series. We get a bunch of episodes and build a story only to pull the plug and leave it incomplete. Regardless of the bonus content, TCW feels incomplete.........it does

DarthKreVass and King Joker like this.
  9. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I'm thinking if Steven Blum's involved as the rumors suggest, this is who he's playing.

I wouldn't worry too much. TCW was produced under rare circumstances: independently. GL was full-steam ahead, thinking nothing would ever stop him, so his aspirations had no bounds.

Rebels is being produced conventionally, and producers have to keep that in mind when planning seasons so as not to get ahead of themselves. Yes, Rebels might only get a season or two... however, they will have planned for that, and it will be possible to wrap up the stories by the end of the season if they're cancelled. Of course, you have to be willing to see an ending when you're presented with one and not worry too much about what could have been.

10. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I hope that Kallus outranks The Inquisitor the way Tarkin seemed to outrank Vader in ANH. However, even if he doesn't, I always love Imperials.

11. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Is it just me, or does he kinda look like he could be a clone?

12. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    His helmet looks a bit awkward to me, hopefully it will work better on screen

13. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I think that makes sense. Maybe the toy we're looking at is Kallus in battle gear (you know, to sell the 'fun factor' for the figure), and not his everyday look?

Speaking more generally about his look, one of the things I do like from the picture (and credit to the sculptor here) is the no-nonsense expression on Kallus' face. Overall, his is not a character design full of visual splendor, by any means, but it seems somehow appropriate (and a nice aesthetic counter the Inquisitor's more fantastic features) for an agent of the Empire in the midst of the 'dark times.'

14. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Inquisitor's right hand redshirt, disemboweled by Kanan Jarrus before the end of the first season.

I called it in this post.

15. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I believe that you and Revanfan1 are of a similar mind! :)

cdgodin, Revanfan1 and Darth Valkyrus like this.
  16. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    I hope so, because that helmet just looks terrible and cumbersome. Like there should be tiny spikes sticking out of it.

17. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Actually considering the rumour that Brent Spiner may have a role in the show maybe this is the part he'll play? I don't know could be a possibility. We'll wait and see.

18. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I think the helmet and armor gives off a vaguely General Veers in battle gear vibe:

[​IMG]

Only with the face protection.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I like his helmet. Looks like he's ready to burst into some rebel stronghold and blast everyone in sight! Also the face guards give off a very Roman legionary vibe which I really like about it.

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    His helmet looks like a Roman centurion's helmet, without the crest.

EDIT: Darth Chiznuk beat me to it.

[​IMG]

I'm kind of thinking this guy will be dead by the end of the season, and possibly the Inquisitor too, for that matter.

I'm wondering if they will play it safe and do something like Terra Nova did. I actually enjoyed Terra Nova (which was cancelled after its first season), but that show introduced plot points and then wrapped them up in the first season. There was definitely room to keep going into seasons 2 and 3 had the show been renewed, but in the event of cancellation (which it was), the fact that the show kept its focus tight and resolved the core conflict of the first season by the end of the first season, it still gave the series a sense of pseudo-closure. The show did not hinge all its hopes on getting a second season and ending on a cliffhanger - which TCW pretty much did, at least in relation to the Maul story.

Given the life span of a lot of the average superhero cartoons (which is what I'd compared Star Wars too most closely, even if it's not a great analogy), I think they would be smart to play it safe for the first season, to gauge success. If the show lasts 5 seasons, great! Then maybe by then Lucas Animation can start tieing events in the show to the films (such as the stealing of the Death Star plans). But in the event of cancellation or a brief run, the show could stand alone as a single season, self-contained story if they resolve major rivalries and plot points by the end of the first season (with characters like Kallus and the Inquisitor being dealt with).

They can always move onto bigger and better villains, plot points, arcs, etc. in the event that the show is a hit. But they can't really do a whole lot if the show gets cancelled after its first season or two with everything left a cliff hanger.

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Like the design, hate the name. I'm glad they're making one of the villains in a normal Imperial outfit. It doesn't need to be over-the-top and in-your-face, just being Star Wars is enough. But basically naming him "Callous" easily puts it up with General Grievous and Savage Opress as one of the worst SW names.

kubricklynch likes this.
  22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I actually don't mind "Kallus."

Yeah, it's corny. But of names like Tyranus, Sidious, Maul, Savage, and Grievous, only Grievous ever got to me. Savage is stupid on paper, but when spoken with the different pronunciation, it never got to me.

themetresgained and Revanfan1 like this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think the Harry Potter fandom numbed me on silly and too-obvious names. Nah, Remus Lupin couldn't possibly be a werewolf, nope, no chance.

I didn't even think about the name Kallus until you all said it. Now I'm laughing.

EternalHero likes this.
  24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I could see a semi-running theme of the Inquisitor's right hands getting killed at the end of each season, after being a marginal to large threat to the crew of the Ghost. Maybe each one could have a specialty aimed at a specific member of the crew. For example, maybe that fancy rifle of Kallus' fires ion bolts, which are harder to deflect with a lightsaber. Then at the end of the series, the Inquisitor himself dies. But if that is a running theme, I don't want it to be too obvious.

25. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Why's everybody expecting Kallus to die so early?