main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Alexsandr "Hot" Kallus

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Trebor Sabreon, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Danifae

Danifae Jedi Master star 1

Aug 23, 2004
    This link answers with certainty the ongoing question as to whether Kallus was joking: https://twitter.com/Tcann13/status/559854221369937920

From everything Disney and Oyelowo has said about his character, we'll likely see Kallus' ambitious side emerge in Season 2... though we can only guess as to the manner he'll go about it. While he's certainly a ruthless d***, from the books and how he's been presented on the show so far, he's been shown to be the model soldier in that he has high standards which he expects of himself and others, takes a pro-active stance when faced with a threat (as in he gets involved instead of standing back) and even though his body language/tone of voice suggest dissatisfaction, he didn't attempt to shift the blame by badmouthing or undermining his fellow Imperials when he failed in his assigned duties. That could change though, what with the humane, no pressure work ethic of Tarkin and Vader; he might just resort to dirty tactics against other loyal Imperials to live another day.

Hopefully, Disney will take the opportunity to flesh out the activities of the ISB through Kallus in the next season, especially now that a legion of rebel red-shirts have been introduced. Kallus seems to have spent most of the time scrapping with the Ghost's crew but ultimately not doing any damage rather than engaging in any of the ISB's covert operations - with the exception to this being in Vision of Hope; IMO, it wouldn't have hurt to see him and Gall Trayvis working more closely together as per the original plot outline, as mentioned in the Rebel Recon episode which aired afterwards.

2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I like Kallus because hes an imperial who actually fights, i just want to see him beat someone. He kinda reminds me of Veers a lil.

3. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    He did beat Zeb, which is quite something (Worf-effect or not). We have also seen that he is not afraid of jumping onto the Rebels, taking on Kanan and his crew alone in Empire Day. And he did not need silly gimmicks like jet-packs or wrist-launchers... Seriously, I am sure he could beat Mandalorians too. He is as powerful as possible for a non-Force-user in the universe.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Well to give Vizla credit he was facing a Sith Lord and A jedi Master.

I don't think Kallus could have done that.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  5. Kassius Konstantine

Mar 1, 2015
    To be fair, Viszla is probably indeed the better warrior, although in part due to his gadgets.

I just mean that Kallus is quite impressive for someone with basic armour and a Bo-Rifle.

6. Kassius Konstantine

Mar 1, 2015
    So... my favourite Imperial from the show returns in Season 2 and he has a new blaster. Can anyone identify that model?

[​IMG]

I don't think it is Imperial standard issue, is it? It would seem Kallus likes personal weapons and/or has a distaste for standard guns.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well the Lothal Imperals have a tendency to die so we will see where Kallus goes.

8. Kassius Konstantine

Mar 1, 2015
    Well, reading the older pages of this thread reminds one that people did not expect him to survive Season 1. ;)
    I would not dare to make any predictions, because it could go either way: cannon fodder for a small Rebel victory (because they cannot win big against Vader, obviously) or Imperial Wedge (not really doing much, but surviving alongside the big boys when everyone else is going down).

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe he will get wedges Popularity to.

10. Danifae

Aug 23, 2004
    Of course Zeb needs to triumph over Kallus in their next Bo-Rifle duel and there's only so long you can drag out a sub-plot before people get annoyed or lose interest (not that I'm a dedicated watcher, but the British soap Eastenders springs to mind), but it is wrong of me to not want Kallus to die?

I find him fascinating due to his personality and more, er, shallow reasons. It doesn't help that he has a Bond villain-esque theme and he's suave. Damn Thrawn and his Expys get me every time. :D

Without going into details and spoiling people, Kallus is a complete and utter b***** who's not cut out for redemption (which I'm totally fine with despite my previous posts). He has to answer for his crimes at some point, but there was another poster who made a great point about wasting character development by killing off antagonists when they've only featured in a season or two.

Of course I want the rebels to win, but I would like to see an antagonist or two introduced in Rebels to achieve at least some of their goals and survive beyond the show. A tall order, I admit. Given that the ISB is a separate division from the Imperial Army and Navy, I know little about how progression through the Empire's ranks would go for an ISB agent, but I imagine a leadership position in COMPNOR might satisfy Kallus' ambitions. To quickly ascend the ladder from a senior ISB agent to a Moff seems somewhat... steep.

11. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Kallus is cool to me from what we have seen so far. I hope he stays on the show for a while so he can get more development. If he has to die at some point, I want it to be a failed duel against Ezra and Zeb.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    well him being
    the last lethal Imperial may help with attention being focused on him.

13. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I kind of wish that the creators had killed off boring agent Kallus and kept the first Inquisitor. He was much more of a threat to the Ghost crew and a better villain then Kallus who just passively follows orders of his superiors.

Vorax likes this.
  14. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    So far i like him

15. Kassius Konstantine

Mar 1, 2015
    Not at all, I think. Actually, he is my favourite Rebel's character.
    For me, Kallus is the window into the Imperial military (even if he technically may not be military). Not a force wielder but a perhaps rather average man who just rose through the ranks by the virtue of hard work.

The Zeb-Kallus story will at least develope in season 2 and depending on how it developes it may even continue beyond that. I am a big fan of the first staff fight, because it was quite different from the sabre fights we are used to see. I want more of that. However I share your fear that Kallus probably will not win it, at worst not even survive it. On the other hand, in staff fight he is still the underdog and I cannot see a Disney/SW show letting a big good guy beat down a small bad guy. That just seems wrong from a story telling perspective. Also Zeb's motive would be revenge, which again is not exactly the kind of story you'd want to tell to kids. So I suspect Kallus will not die this way.

If he dies at Zeb's hands, it more likely will be in a situation where Zeb has to stop Kallus from doing great harm to others or so...

Darth_Pevra, Danifae and Iron_lord like this.
  16. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I really hope Darth Vader just chokes Kallus for a failure down the road.

Vorax likes this.
  17. Danifae

Aug 23, 2004
    Kassius Konstantine

Indeed! It's odd, but I can see Kallus surviving beyond Season 2, though maybe with the loss of a limb or two... and possibly the sideburns. All this talk of his eventual doom/possible mutilation is giving me palpitations, but he's my favourite character so I'll live. [face_laugh]

While each of the Ghost's crew has their own traumatic background and flaws, as you've said, it would be highly inappropriate (not to mention worrying!) for Disney to have Zeb indulge his hatred (go Dark Side) and take Kallus' life.

So far, the rebels have been portrayed as a loving, supportive family unit who encourage an emotionally and psychologically healthy way of dealing with pain and loss, even though the journey hasn't been easy. In a nutshell, the Ghost crew's guidance is aligned with the Light Side. I just cannot see Kanan and the others cheering on Zeb to choke Kallus with his sideburns or anything.

As a stark contrast, we have the Empire who as a regime (i.e. not breaking down into individuals whether they be citizens or military), are pretty much the exact opposite - all cold, ruthless efficiency and duty where humane traits such as compassion, mercy and warmth don't exist. And then there's the Empire's fondness for slavery, genocide, etc.

Zeb is a powerful and formidable warrior, however from Season 1, we saw that when faced with stormtroopers or Kallus, he loathes the Imperials so much that he fixates on his opponents to the point of having tunnel-vision (especially with the stormtroopers - ignoring the fact that they likely couldn't hit the underside of an ISD at point blank range) or completely loses his rag (as the case with Kallus), making him extremely vulnerable and endangering his life.

I wonder if Zeb will be badly injured sometime in Season 2 due to his attitude, and realise that while he has every right to feel rage and grief at the loss of his people and culture, if he doesn't learn to master his emotions on the battlefield, he will die - though not necessarily with honour. We have so little information on the Lasat Honour Guard, but I imagine they would regard being felled by a blaster bolt to the back by some goon as offensive and shameful for both the attacker and the casualty, compared to a face-to-face fight involving Bo-rifles.

In confronting his deeply painful past with his fellow crew and new allies, I can see Zeb refining his combat technique and learning to master his warrior's focus in the face of vicious taunts, eventually defeating Kallus but choosing to walk away rather than kill him (that card will likely be dealt out by either of the new Inquisitors or Vader at some point as a final disciplinary). MY HEART IS BREAKING AT THAT THOUGHT.:p

Kassius Konstantine likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He is also the last OC imperial other then Tua for now.

19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I hope we get more on Kallus in season two like where he came from/what made him want to be an Imperial in the first place.

Kassius Konstantine and Danifae like this.
  20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    They offered him fantastic hair products ;)

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Unlimited Sideburns.

22. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Palpatine : Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth HairGel the wise ?
    Kallus: No.
    Palpatine: I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth HairGel was a Dark Lord of the Sith who lived many years ago. He was so powerful and so wise that he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to grow facial hair... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the sideburns of the ones he cared about from being shaved.
    Kallus: He could do that? He could actually prevent other people's sideburns from being shaved ??
    Palpatine: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
    Kallus: What happened to him?
    Palpatine: He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his sideburns, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, and then one night, his apprentice shaved him in his sleep . It's ironic that he could save others sideburns from being shaved, but not himself.
    Kallus: Is it possible to learn this power?
    Palpatine: Not from a Jedi.

23. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Tua:Zeb...Zeb told me terrible things:That you killed lasats!
    Darth callous: sees Zeb on ramp*"LIAR!You brought him here to kill me!" *Holds shuttle detonator*
    Zeb:"Let the detonator go Kallus,LET IT GO."
    Afterwards a Bo-Rifle battle begins and ends with Darth callous unharmed....Other then his Sideburns.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We will watch your side burns with much interest.

TK-421 Is vader and Iron_lord like this.
  25. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    ''My sideburns have grown since we last met Count''
    ''Tell your sideburns you where right about me''
    ''The sideburns is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an hairy area on your face created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.''
    ''Hokey religions and ancient sideburns are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.''
    '' Your sideburns can deceive you, don't trust them.''