main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Alexsandr "Hot" Kallus

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Trebor Sabreon, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Anakin it was said you would bring Sideburns to the force not Leave it in Darkness!

BigAl6ft6 and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  2. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    Excellent points, thank you!

I don't know why exactly, but I have the feeling he could survive far longer than many expect. They have maintain a recurring enemy, I think/hope, and Vader cannot do that forever. Neither can Tarkin. Kallus is also kind of a middle enemy character: of the named characters he is neither high end (like the first Inquisitor), nor low end (like the two executed officers). Those are the guys who tend to survive.
    He will eventually go down, though.

PS: sorry for the question... but are you are female and do you find Kallus attractive? I am asking because when I mentioned to my GF that I like his facial hair, she gave a frightening look.... :D

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Unless he somehow survives tell ROTJ and after and becomes an Imperial Warlord

You know you want it.

Danifae likes this.
  4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

May the Sideburns be with you...always

6. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm going to use this as my new signature [face_laugh]

7. Danifae

Danifae Jedi Master star 1

Aug 23, 2004

You're welcome. And no need to apologise - yes to both questions!

I know it's wrong on a great number of levels as Kallus is an unrepentantly evil douche and the Star Wars equivalent of the KGB/SS, but dagnabbit, Disney had to make his character fascinating and extremely attractive! Buargh. I absolutely hated the sideburns at first, but I'm ga-ga about them now. IRL though, I much prefer the clean-shaven look, stubble or a neatly groomed beard (read: not the equivalent of a toilet brush) to sideburns. :3

Aaaaand if you want peace between you and your girlfriend, I really would not grow the sideburns. ;)

8. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    I tell ya agent kallus reminds me of Inspector Zenigata from "Lupin the 3rd"[face_laugh] always after Lupin and always failing to apprehend him and still never giving up[face_sigh]

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Honestly, he reminds me of a human and more wooden version of Molec.

10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Don't be ashamed, it's the Hans Landa syndrome. ;)

Danifae likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I still remember that Kallus was going to be chis

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    A Chiss with sideburns would tear a hole in space-time.

I do kinda wish they had gone that way, though, if only because I would have loved to see Oyelowo play Kallus in a live action flick.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I rather the reserve a Chiss for Thrawn himself .

Darth Valkyrus and Danifae like this.
  14. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I want to see how Kallus and the other imperials personally value the emperor. Is he the hero who won the Clone Wars, stopped the Jedi insurrection and cou, rebuilt the galaxy, and provided for their every need or what?

jakobitis89 likes this.
  15. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    That would be pretty interesting actually. In the first film at least the impression was (and the original plan IIRC) was that the Emperor was just some doddery old fool and Tarkin and Vader were the kind of people actually getting things done and being all dictatorial and evil. Which obviously didn't last but it would be interesting to see if Palpatine goes down the route of a personality cult (Palpatine The Savior) or is happy for people to think he's just a figurehead, whilst really he runs the whole darn operation. Vader is (or was) noted as being quite popular with the military because he was a warrior and favoured a military approach (his approach to discipline notwithstanding) so where does that leave Palpatine I wonder...

Plus it would be funny to watch Kallus try and get a bit lippy with Vader like he did with Lucius Inquisitorius the First and then watch him go white as he realises what he just said, to who... ("I find your lack of faith disturbing, Agent Kallus...")

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The interaction between Kallus and Vader will be interesting, that's for sure. Will Kallus turn into a puppy who follows his master or will he be more like Daine Jir 2.0? Judging from ANH and the new comics, Vader doesn't mind outspokeness unless someone insults him.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  17. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Yeah, if you've got the ability and the record to back what you say (which Kallus probably has, given he went one on one with Zeb, and wiped out an entire species) then Vader doesn't mind a bit of a smart mouth, he'll listen to you. It's incompetent people who talk back who get the old force choke. Vader and Kallus could be an interesting combination.

Danifae and Darth_Pevra like this.
  18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Vader let that Imperial guy openly question his decision to capture Leia at the beginning of ANH, and then calmly explained his reasoning. It's idiocy/incompetence that Vader has no tolerance for, not necessarily backtalk. See also his interactions with Boba Fett in Cloud City for proof of this as well.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    All I can say about Kallus is he really did light the world on fire.

20. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    I think our buddy Kallus is going to step up to the plate in the season ahead... killing off his immediate superiors and the Inquisitor Mark 1 means he gets promoted by default to being the longest serving 'Rebels-only' baddy in the series (Maketh isn't really all that evil yet.) If he's lived when they've not, there's a plan and a place for him... and his sideburns.

21. darth_revan96

darth_revan96 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 18, 2015
    I hope there is another confrontation between Kallus and Zeb. It does seem inevitable because of the Genocide of Zeb's people. Also I look forward to seeing the dynamic between him and Vader.

Danifae and Force Smuggler like this.
  22. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    I hope we see another ISB agent. Without cheek armour to show that Kallus modified his helmet to protect his sdeburns.

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Am sure Kallus' burns are insured like JLo's bun.

24. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Vader doesn't have much common sense. I think taking an entire fleet of Star Destroyers into an asteroid field just to find one ship of limited importance sort of demonstrates that. His anger is his undoing.

25. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    That ship was of extreme importance though. It was the bait he needed to capture/turn Luke and become ruler of the Galaxy... which he probably figures is worth a few Star Destroyers. It's not like he cares about anyone aboard them.