main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Alexsandr "Hot" Kallus

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Trebor Sabreon, Feb 16, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree. It's ridiculous. ;)

But I've never been a big fan of the Chiss.

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  2. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014

Much like my feelings towards the Mandalorians, I liked the Chiss much better when they were a mysterious civilization that developed (essentially) separate from the events taking place in the "known" regions of space.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i think they should use thrawn with his same look and white uniform just have him differ from the e.u.

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Why even bother? "Include Jar Jar Binks, too, but make him a thoughtful Quarren!" That's basically what you're saying.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
  6. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    If a Chiss must show up in the show, at least make it the bartender from Jedi Outcast, so we can hear him speak with the "jedis" about their "garbages".

PS. Who wants a Ruby Bliels?

7. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Corellian Ale. In a clean glass.

I've always thought the Chiss were interesting. But if they were to introduce them correctly, Thrawn would have to be a rarity. Still, I don't think its outlandish to have him make an appearance somewhere. It wouldn't be that expensive anyway. They just need some blue and red dye.

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Looks like he was originally designed to look like Thawn

[​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I ADORE watching Christoph Waltz. In ANYTHING. He was the magic who made Django Unchained work for me. But even I think certain kids might have a hard time fighting through the accent at times, no matter how slight. It's unfortunate, but still possible.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Waltz would remind me too much of Dr Vindi.

[​IMG]

Kallus appears to went through concept skin and facial configurations. Looks like originally when the Nigerian was cast as Kallus he was gonna be Sub-Sarharan African but they may of decided against it as didnt want a Black character associated with colonialism and movie villainy as he's a staunch Imperialist and Jedi Hunter so he's just the voice of an evil White guy in a Nazi-like uniform. I think this show may have Black Africans in Imperial outfits but likely will have them defect to the Rebel Alliance as the Empire and Rebels are supposed be in a civil war. However although some(65,000-100,000) Blacks did serve in the Confederate army during the American Civil war is is little talked about or well known in pop culture.

I liked the uniqueness of Thrawn in Zahn's books, showcasing his abilities and not just this diversity politic being integrated into the fiction, which also defeats the Rebel Alliance-like stuff guided the Empire as it was primarily a Sith regime of discrimination and oppression whether sexist and speciesist. Made the Empire more of a threat and where you can sympathize with the Rebel Allaince and the democracy they're trying to fight for all those kinda things. Thrawn was a pro-Imperial too which made his character more interesting. Hopefully Thrawn will appear at some point.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    David Oyelowo's voice is absolutely perfect for Kallus.

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Dave Filoni has always been rather sympathetic to the EU and tried to accommodate aspects of it into canon. Kallus might be the closet we get to Thrawn.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Yeah, most of the time when TCW did its thing to the EU it was because of something Lucas wanted. Like the Mandos.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    He's probably named after the callus' on his feet.

15. MConDA4ever

MConDA4ever Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2014
    Lol what a funny design. The helmet matches his sideburns.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    yea, not sure whats up with the sideburns, I think they wanted a very throwbackish European military nobility and imperialist look. Note the bell bottoms. According to Feloni they even had Zeb in bell bottoms. Looks like Admiral Dao back in the Clone Wars was already sporting the trend:

[​IMG]

Revanfan1, Cevan and Iron_lord like this.
  17. MConDA4ever

MConDA4ever Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2014
    The name of the Supervising director is Dave Filoni not Feloni. ;)

Cevan likes this.
  18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Since Kallus is an ISB agent, I wonder if we'll see any ISB officers.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    In the second season, I think the show will begin to focus more on the Empire.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    After the pilot, I'm not sure whether to call him Agent Burns or Agent Poetic.

I appreciated his trolling Zeb in Droids in Distress though. By "appreciated," I mean that the Empire needs someone as ***holish as Tarkin was.

Vader'sGoodHand likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah I wasn't exactly impressed by Kallus' villiany in "Spark of Rebellion" (aside from he said the title of the show, I kind of love it when that happens) but he kicked it up a notch in the 2nd ep with some always welcome Imperial "Muah-ha-ha-haawww" ing.

22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The character is a doofus, if he died by the end of Season 1 at the hands of Zeb and replaced by Thrawn(who often patrolled/was stationed in the outer rim) that would be awesome.

23. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Vorax

I'm sure Kallus will grow. We've only really seen him twice.

Besides. The way he talked about murdering Zeb's species; men, women and children. Was well...it was creepy and sick. I wouldn't be surprised if he enjoyed killing people on a regular basis.

Revanfan1 and darklordoftech like this.
  24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I loved seeing a non-Sith character who's truly evil.

25. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. It's a nice change isn't it?

darklordoftech likes this.