main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Agent of the Empire #10: Hard Targets, part 5 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Feb 20, 2013.

1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    [​IMG]

Everyone—including Boba Fett—is after the young Count Dooku. As Cross and the Count’s loyal security guard attempt to whisk the boy to safety, they are surrounded by enemies! In the past, Cross had the power and authority of the Empire behind him. Now he has nothing but his fists!

* Agent of the Empire, or Enemy of the Empire?

"This is the near perfect ending to an outstanding Star Wars mini-series...The artwork is excellent and the writing is off the charts. Cross is a complex character that deals with an ever increasing amount of adversity. Even the villain is given some great dialogue . . .—Technorati

Writer:
    John Ostrander
    Penciller:
    Davidé Fabbri
    Inker:
    Christian Dalla Vecchia
    Colorist:
    Wes Dzioba
    Cover Artist:
    Stéphane Roux

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    "No one questions the punchmaster!"

3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Once again Mandalorian helmets are more detrimental to the people that wear them then to the guy punching the wearer barehanded.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    So sick of bloody Boba Fett.

I was interested in this for the Dooku aspect, but am not wasting any more money on the Fett bandwagon.

There.

I said something negative.

5. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    It only took you, what, eight years? :p

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    In my very heart, I anticipate this will happen again during the ST :(

7. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    While I expect the exact opposite

Bizarro-Lit!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Looks like Cross really kriffed up Fett's rangefinder antenna with that one ...

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Oh, look on the bright side:

Instead of the Boba Fett bandwagon, it could have been the Darth Maul bandwagon.

Makes you feel pleased to see the big bad Fett getting his helmet whooped by a lanky little agent, doesn't it? :p

10. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Actually, yes, that does please me. Afterwards, I imagine Cross and Kyle Katarn wearing shirts that said "I beat up Boba Fett" and high fiving.

The2ndQuest and Esg like this.
  11. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Bah the Boba Fett and Antinnis Tremayne “I punched Vader and yet he still hired me” shirt club is having much more fun.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Out today! I've got my copy!

13. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    wow... these last few words were so ironic! loved the comic, awesome twists and action! thx to the great artist/writer team!

TychoCorde likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Anyone else notice the Grinning Liar cameo? I guess this means Chak is already a smuggler. Gotta love John and how interconnected all of his stories are, even if only a little. :)

15. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    For a few moments, I really thought that

Cross had set the whole thing up to kill the kid.

Loved the twists in this issue. Fantastic.

Also, I had to laugh at the fact that Cross tried to spare the Klatooinian with a name, then starts shooting the nameless guards. Poor red shirts should have worn name tags, might have upped their chances of survival.

16. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    So glad Bron is going to live into adulthood. Sad to see Grace Jones die though...

17. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Liked the ending... really the best option one could have in that environment. Though sad to see that
    Candra was the Bond girl to die.

18. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Fun issue. It had everything I expected. Cool lines, cool twists, action and problem solving through cleverness. While this series is quite different from "classical Star Wars" in many ways I think it really captures the spirit.

Though the series is a bit harsh to its female protagonists. First the droid lady and now Cambra.

19. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    It's basically a Bond movie in comic form. Some traditions must be upheld.

20. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Yeah, I'm sure he'll be quite safe on Alderaan. It's not like the whole planet is going to blow up from right under him, right?

21. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Worked for the Rebellion and the Camaasi!

22. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Good issue and good arc.

Is this the first time "scarface Fett" has been used in a canonical story? I know he had that appearance in a Tales story and in ESB: Infinities, but I think this is the first time he's been shown to look like that in a "mainstream" comic. He doesn't have the scar in TFU2, so I suppose that could place this story after TFU2.

23. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    I love this series. Far and away my favorite of the Star Wars stuff going on right now. I wouldn't mind seeing Mr. Ostrander writing a Jahan Cross novel!

And it was a fun nod to get a Grinning Liar mention :p

24. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    This story is set 3 years before "A New Hope".

25. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Pretty good way to end the arc. I definitely preferred it to Iron Eclipse, and the twist was a good one. I really did think that he'd taken the kid out because it would benefit the Empire, though I was also looking at each panel for a reappearance.

Though as usual I couldn't help but wonder in a world with a stun setting, why Fett doesn't just shoot them both at the beginning and grab the kid.