main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Agent of the Empire #10: Hard Targets, part 5 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Still don't really know why Fett had to be in the comic, but other than that I enjoyed it immensely. Can't wait for the next arc to hurry up and start.

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Anyone else hoping for a grand Aurodium theft a la Goldfinger for the next arc? :D

Zorrixor likes this.
  3. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Complete agreement with all the praise. Great twists that kept me guessing, great action, and great humor. The bearded ginger guy who kept yelling "Heyyyyyyy!!!!" was hands down the best part of the issue. Can't wait for the next arc to begin.

4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Ha! I completely missed that. That's awesome...

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    To get punched? He did get punched, didn't he?

6. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    Good thing the Wookieepedians are already on the case to needlessly obfuscate the issue with their fanon interjections!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grinning_Liar_(3_BBY)

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Finally got around to reading through some of my stack today (finals are over, yay!), and this didn't disappoint- really great arc. Very unfortunate that the series is on hiatus/doesn't have plans for another volume. I mean, it has James Bond and sky pirates. That's a winning mix right there.

The art was lovely too- Lambdas never looked so beautiful. They really captured its gracefulness... before blowing it up :p.

Also, was Guri already built by this point in time? I'm wondering if maybe Q's HRD special project was meant to hint at her origin.

This is also the first time where I've seen it referred to as just "Spynet" instead of the "Bothan Spynet". It's actually has quite a bit more ominoua gravitas to it this way. Probably because it sounds like Skynet. ;)

I also like how it's in proximity to Boba Fett is dead. Adds to the ridiculously high quality bookends DHC has cooked up for the inter-trilogy era over the past few years. People may have been whining about the miniseries format/lack of an ongoing up until recently, but, man, it gave us Blue Harvest, Ghost Prison, Fire Carrier, Blood Ties duo and AOTE, amongst others.

This series also convinced me that Gungan hydrobubble structures are the most horrifying "safe" place in the galaxy for non-amphibious beings. Why, yes, I would love to stay and sleep in a room where I can either instantly drown or be crushed by water when someone hits the wrong lightswitch. ;)

8. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    I remember Guri's creator is mentioned by Quon in one of the early issues of the first arc. I don't remember the context, though. I think Guri was supposed to be older than 3 BBY, however. Or at least her skin.

So it gave us two good comics and four hugely overrated ones...

9. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    W
    Which, in your opinion are overrated? I agree with Quest that all those have been amazing (haven't read Fire Carrier, I trade wait on Dark Times), but it seems it will be great as well.

10. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    Blood Ties and the Dark Times ones.

Blood Ties I understand why it's so popular (because anything with Fett will be popular, and I admit the clone half-brother is a good idea and a good character) but it's not for me. Also the whole "Boba Fett is Dead" storyline was clearly being pushed to get sales from people who thought he was literally dead in the series even though people familiar with it knew from the start it was impossible continuity-wise.

Dark Times I just plain don't understand. I liked the first two arcs but I think plotwise it's been an intensely jumbled mess since. Too many characters having too many plotlines being drawn out for too long. I also don't think the characterization is that good (the second to last one, Out of the Wilderness I think, is one long character assassination of Jennir and whitewashing of his girlfriend who was the villain in the previous arc and does nothing to deserve the 'redemption' she gets). And while the art is good I also don't think Wheatley is the Second Coming of Christ as apparently is required for Lit citizenship.

I know that's coming off really bitter but I just see Dark Times get held up as this unassailable gold standard of perfection so often here that it kind of wears me down. To be honest if I had a choice I'd take the two AOTE volumes over the entire DT run any day.

11. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I just finished this series in trade and I've got to say poor Jahan Cross is criminally underrated. They need to do a Luke, Han, and Leia story with him guest starring as the honorable villain.

Gorefiend likes this.