main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Agent of the Empire: Iron Eclipse #2 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Yep...this should be good fun!

2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Awesome. I still can't believe that weasel survived the Clone Wars... he's trickier than I thought!

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Hm, marble statuary in the last page of the preview. I approve--at least of the décor, though not necessarily of the guy with the topknot (until I know who he is; he could be a traitor or criminal, after all).

4. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I think that's a woman. :p

5. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Ok, this January 11th is one of the most exciting comic days I can remember in a couple of years. This, Kotor: War #1 and Legacy War TPB all in one day. Seriously, you guys.

6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm doubly (is a word, despite not sounding like one to my ears) excited, since Agent of the Empire is the first comic book series I've ever bought in issue format, and I've been rereading KOTOR over the past two weeks. The revelation that being a trade waiter sucks hit me far too late.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Wait.

Iron Eclipse?

Iaco Stark?

[image=http://cdn.theurbandaily.com/files/2009/01/iron-man_l.jpg]

...since it's still early, I'm leaving my conspiracy theories to myself at this point.

8. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Just finished reading Iron Eclipse 2 after picking it up today. Good, fun issue. I'm really enjoying Jahan Cross.

9. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, this is really classic Bond, with the seduction and then dead body. Wonder if that fulfills the dead women quota for the arc. Poor Dah'lis (assuming that really is her and she's really dead), she sounded like she was just in love with Iaco and without him... well, Iaclyn seem more maniacal. Iaco's son Iaclyn is shaping up to be the main villain, but they also recognize IN-GA as an HRD, and only Iaco's decapitated body was ever found (although he was also already dying of some disease), so... well, I'm suspicious of any death at the moment. And now Jahan is on the run on a speeder bike, but he's also already made friends with Elli Stark (the blond). Although honestly I was slightly reminded of KotOR's opening arc (with Zayne fleeing on the speeder/swoop), but then KotOR: War just came out so that series is on my mind too.

Good second issue, the art and writing is still great, with more clues as to what that Iron Eclipse might be, and a few hints about Jahan's background as well. Looking forward to the next issue.

10. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000

Yeah, both of those things sound highly suspicious, as well as entertaining. Elli is on future covers, and looks like she could be the "Bond girl."

11. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I wonder if they timed this issue to be released in the winter. It may be cold outside, but some of the very tantalizing images definitely heated things up.[face_hypnotized]=P~

12. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Man, I love this comic. I hope it stays this good. I'm really excited to see where it goes.

And perhaps it's just me but during the chase scene, I started thinking that Cross and Kir Kanos should team up somehow (pre Crimson Empire, of course).

13. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    We so need a Miss Moneypenny now unless IN-GA counts as her... awesome issue and I think that HRDs have a part to play in the Iron Eclipse project [face_thinking] Was very Bondish with stepmother Stark there.

14. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Read both issues today and I am HOOKED!!! Hooked, hooked, hooked. :D

John - Gotta say that I haven't seen that much nudity since Gail Simone's Secret Six. And that's not a bad thing. ;) It's so good to have you back! [:D]

15. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Oh good grief -- how risque! [face_hypnotized]

Anyway, agreed that it was another good issue. The Iaclyn situation's... interesting. There was certainly more than a "resort" going on with that project...[face_thinking]

Yup. Very. Especially when electronics are involved.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Got my copy yesterday (plus my replacement copy for #1 came in too, since my original copy was one of the bad ones with pages glued together)- definitely Bond with the agent-framed-for-a-lady's-murder angle. I was surprised how active (and revealing) an element the seduction was, for a SW title it's more than we usually get.

Also, I love that speederbike (sled?) design. Really awesome- I want the toy!

One odd thing though- if IN-GA is a skinless HRD, how can she be skinned with those ear-cones and antenna? Is she really supposed to be a Twi'lek-themed HRD (which, technically, I suppose, would be a "TRD")? With the ear-cones being obvious and the antenna being attachment points for the lekku prosthetics?

17. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Whatever floats someone's boat, I guess... I'm sure they could engineer an HRD to suit all tastes and sizes.

Not like Guri was that realistically proportioned in "certain" areas. :p

18. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Well, there are the All-Species Replica Droid also. Would be a first though if they made an HRD into a different alien species.

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    A damn fine issue even if it is the obligatory "everything goes wrong" episode, which I seem to be finding more annoying as I get older. The Bond influence continues to do it no harm whatsoever and I can indeed guess the panel Trace enjoyed ;) . The escape sequence was excellently done but topped by the line about the speeder bike Cross nicked.

So, how will he get out of this? Who knows but it'll be fun finding out.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I forgot to mention this before, but kudos to the artist for giving Iaculyn a spiffy trenchcoat. A Stark is not a Stark without his trenchcoat.

21. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Finally picked this issue up. This series is just downright enjoyable, so much fun to read.

The fist fight was drawn very well... I could practically picture one of those Sean Connery grapple-heavy fist fights in the early Bond movies. Loved the indoor speeder chase as well.

22. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Fantastic issue. Even better than the first one. It really feels like John O is having fun writing this series. :)

23. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    A great 2nd issue! The James Bond like theme is to the letter and I must say that I'm really enjoying the series so far. For a Star Wars comic(or anything) this was a pretty risqué issue, I was not expecting the seduction and cleavage.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Incredible. I loved every bit of it. Space tuxedoes are always appreciated, although these were even better: they were like tailcoats cut extremely high. Nice little changeup for formalwear. I quite enjoyed the society party, with the variety of outfits and the like and it was hilarious to see Cross rescue the Stark girl from that married cad. The characters and setting were perfect. I was less pleased with him partaking in festivities with that Nautolan, but I guess he had to make the sacrifice in the name of duty. If the Emperor's will bids you to commingle with aliens, then I suppose he had no choice. A pity, though. The Stark girl, despite her unfortunate heritage, graciously returned the favor by offering assistance to Cross in a hilarious fashion. She was far more elegantly dressed and behaved than her harlot of a stepmother, and I suspect she wouldn't have been so inappropriate.

The ambassador's aide and the Stark boy are thoroughly sinister, though I do appreciate that they had the decency to remain well-dressed while persisting in their nefarious shenanigans.

All in all, wonderful issue and I look forward to more. The way things are shaping up, I'll probably like this more than Legacy.

25. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Am i only one who feels SW characters should not have suits.
    It looked to earthlike gor me.