main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Agents of Chaos 1

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vader_The_Pimp6916, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vader_The_Pimp6916

Vader_The_Pimp6916 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    Does the book have anything to do with what is going on in the previous NJO books? I read a review and it didn't seem like they had anything to do with one another.

2. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Does the book have anything to do with what is going on in the previous NJO books? I read a review and it didn't seem like they had anything to do with one another.

well even though the book is the 4th one down, I think is pretty mush standalone book. It focuses on Han and dealing with his loss of Chewie.

3. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    However if you're thinking of skipping it I wouldn't recommend it. IMHO it is one of the best NJO books I read. I think it's one of the only ones that has a lot of Han in (good or bad)

4. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    First it is one of the best books of the NJO and it also lays a lot of the foundations of things to come (Vergere, the involvement of the Hapans, Viqi Shesh becoming a traitor, ...)

5. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    and second?

6. Vader_The_Pimp6916

Vader_The_Pimp6916 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    reviews i've read claim that it's one of the worst EU books. I'm just basically wanting to figure out if it will hurt to skip it and come back to it later.

7. Padmeshandmaiden

Padmeshandmaiden Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2006
    One thing about the NJO is that no book should be skipped in the series. Each one has a component in it that is vital to the whole story. If you miss one and read the next you will be lost at different intervals. I myself LOVED the AOC! I have just purchased an omnibus of both of them( Paid a pretty penny for it too). They are essential to the whole series. DO NOT skip it.

8. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    And as a second James Luceno is one of the better authors, so even if you're not interested in the NJO i'd suggest you read it.;)

9. Sarg_Kulo

May 18, 2004
    I don't think it would hurt, you'd probably still understand the rest of the books but like I said, I wouldn't recommend it, especially not if you like Han

P.S. Droma rules

10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well, it does have some great moments. The Battle of Ord Mantell is one of the best written battles in the EU.

--Adm. Nick

11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    They're wrong. Jedi Trial, The Crystal Star, Planet of Twilight -- those are near-universally reviled books. On Hero's Trial, opinion is, at worst, split.

12. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Hero's Trial is one of the decent readable books of that vile superficial series. Only problems is, most of the material isn't James' own, and I don't like that. But the dialogue is so slick, the rejounders so funny, it's worth the read. Writing can be a bit stiff and rigid in repetitve prose, but it's a good book.

Jedi Eclipse, on the other vua'sa claw, was pretty bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.