main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse," by James Luceno [Del Ray, 2000]

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature Review Forum' started by Errant_Venture, Feb 23, 2005.

?

"Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse," by James Luceno [Del-Ray, 2000]

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. 10 (Excellent)

12.5%
  2. 9

18.8%
  3. 8

12.5%
  4. 7

12.5%
  5. 6 (Average)

12.5%
  6. 5 (Average)

12.5%
  7. 4

6.3%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 (Poor)

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
  2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse by James Luceno

[image=http://www.theforce.net/books/images/jedi-eclipse.jpg]

Synoposis

A string of smashing victories by the forces of the sinister aliens known as the Yuuzhan Vong has left New Republic resources and morale stretched to the breaking point. Leia Organa Solo, estranged from her husband, Han, oversees the evacuation of refugees on planets in the path of the merciless invaders. Luke Skywalker struggles to hold the fractious Jedi Knights together, even while one of them undertakes a bold but reckless undercover mission.

Manipulating their alliance with the amoral Hutts, the Yuuzhan Vong leave a cunning trail of vital information where New Republic agents are sure to find it--information the desperate defenders cannot afford to ignore: the location of the aliens' next target.

Then Han Solo stumbles into the dark heart of raging battle, thus beginning a furious race against time that will require every skill and trick in his arsenal to win...

3. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    I'll give it an eight. Not bad, but a little dissapointing.
    Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I gave it a 1.

It was one of the worst novels that I've ever read.

Again, Luceno is of course better suited to make lists then novels. His prose and general writing style is horrible. He also adds very little to the NJO plot. What I disliked most is that he made me hate Han Solo in this novel. That says a lot considering Han is one of my favorite characters. Solo was a jerk, I understand he was a character in transition but Luceno took it to far.

The novel wasn't exciting and it was dull in many parts. I got very bored with Han Solo and his rat friend jumping across the galaxy. The way he wrote it just made it boring. This was the last novel of the NJO that I read. Luceno killed it for me.

-Seldon

5. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    Ouch! That was harsh! ;) Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... glad to read yours! :)

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    The very foundation on which the NJO sits is a turn away from Lucas.

When George made this mythology he was determined to express the flaws of humanity. Darth Vader wasn't some robot or alien, he was a human. We all have to fight the darkness and there is good and bad in everything.

NJO in turn made it cheap SF. Aliens vs the galaxy we know and love. These aliens are all evil while the good guys are all good. Everything is black and white and the gray area which defines the movies was destroyed. By the fourth book, I was sick and tired of it. I stuck around because Vector Prime was an interesting book. Stackpole crafted a good story out of it all. Luceno is of course incapable of crafting a good story or writing and interesting book. So after finishing his novels, I ended my trip into the NJO.

-Seldon

7. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    I didn't like this one so much. Leia's plot was a snoozer and I had trouble following the Hutt-Vong arc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.