main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I was just looking up Life Model Decoy on Wikipedia to see who created them since I'm pretty sure it was just some unnamed SHIELD person. Turns out Phil Coulson in ABC's Agents of SHIELD is listed in the known Life Model Decoy examples list.

If its on Wikipedia it must be true. Case closed.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    He's two for two when it comes to the success/failure ratio for prime time television. That's not really a bad track record, all things considering.

Well, Ultron's coming. So it could be something leftover from Hank Pym, if there is the slightest chance that the Ant Man and "Age Of Ultron" refers to that aspect of the character. Otherwise, someone else in the comic universe who is just as capable would have to be the one responsible for LMD's, if that is the case.

No, because like Internet Movie Database, anyone can make entries without facts to back them up. What happened to Coulson has not been confirmed yet, so take that entry as not fact.

3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Broken irony detector?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Hey, you can never tell with some people.

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    It seems that the producers keep referring to Coulson as having died and come back.

6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Telling a guy with fire powers that he could be like Captain America?
    [​IMG]
    Seems legit.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Am I alone in feeling like last night's episode was rushed? That it had to much going on, too many characters changing themselves, and it could have benefited from being split into a two part episode?

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Possibly. The idea that Sky got involved with Rising Tide for reasons that are totally different than Miles' was an interesting revelation, but coming only five episodes in made it feel too soon.

9. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Maybe, but I'm not sure the main story was strong enough to warrant a two-parter. Feels more like a product of awkward writing and pacing than an actual problem with having too much content to fit into the timeslot.

10. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    To be fair, as a casual fan I recognized the name of Captain America. I have no idea what the name of the Human Torch is.

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I just felt too many things moved too quickly last night. You're probably right that there wasn't enough substance in the plot to split the episode, but we could have not had as many characters changing wool. Even Scorch.

12. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I'm having a hard time caring about this show, and I was really looking forward to it. Love Firefly, Dollhouse, pretty much any TV from this dude and I've gone to every MCU movie at 12pm dressed in nerdy Marvel costumes. But man....SHIELD is really just Blah when it comes to acting ability, whether the storyline is good each week or not. Even Coulson seems sort of bland at this point. I'll finish this season but if it continues as it is I don't expect it to last past perhaps a Season 2 as the hype train winds down.

Yesterdays episode was the first one that could even hold my attention since the pilot.

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Johnny Storm, although the only version Marvel could theoretically use is Jim Hammond, though not even having seen the episode in question I doubt said fire-based powers guy is either.

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    So I'm guessing that either Coulson or May had something to do with Skye's parents (or I'm putting money that at least 1 of them might be her actual parent).

ma_petite likes this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Or both. Bow-chicka-wow-wow. ;)

16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I've already gone into why Stephen Strange, MD likely doesn't have any role in saving Coulson.

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Possible. Though it could be along the lines of Peter Parker's parents, who were S.H.E.I.L.D. agents in the 616 and were branded traitors by the Red Skull, after he found out that they were working undercover against him.

As to who the mystery organization, I'm going to go out on a limb since I haven't kept strong tabs on spoilers about "The Winter Soldier" and say that it's A.I.M., which fits their M.O. for tech and other bad guy things.

18. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Agreed with ZanderSolo

Unfortunately, Coulson did come off as incredibly bland, almost robotic*. Gregg seemed to be delivering all of his lines with the same cadence, all the time.

Last night's episode should have intrigued me more than it did, and I'm kind of tired of the show at this point. After actually really liking last weeks, this one seemed quite a step down. I'm already bored by the secrecy behind this other rival agency.

A couple good lines though. "They gave him a name." or somesuch

"How long is this going to take?" "Done."

idk guys. idk.

* if he is an actual robot, well that's a different story.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I really did not like Skye in the last episode but she's winning me over. Now I'm really interested in learning more about where she came from and seeing her character develop.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  20. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    That's not necessarily true. In the third episode, they made a point twice in the episode to show Coulson having trouble chambering a round in his gun. He specifically mentioned, "It should just be muscle memory."

That is something an organic being has. And this specific organic being looks, acts, and has the memories of Phil Coulson. But seemingly lacks some of his muscle memory.

Definitive proof? Of course not. But a potential idea with some backing.

pronker likes this.
  21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Thread misfire?

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, so that's why she said she didn't want to see any more action.

24. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Finally watched this week's episode on DVR. I like the new developments in Skye's character. Also am I the only one to think that the "Scorch" was an Inhuman?

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Hmmm.... If they're not allowed to use the word 'mutant' would they even be allowed to use the word 'Inhuman'?