main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I like The Matrix flavor in this last episode. The first program of a relaxing and peaceful setting was rejected, so it was rewritten to have suffering and conflict and it has happened many times before. Agent May is "the One."

Kind of a bizarre tangent with Mack's character. It seems kind of a lame tangent to create drama with his relationship with YoYo. I wonder if it's true.

I love the referencing to the Skovia Accords and how it's playing a part in the show.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeah, I got the Matrix reference as well.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    No, he's always been this way. He just believes that everyone should be an LMD, so that way everyone can be immortal. He's not evil as he doesn't order Aida to kill and is aghast at the idea. Radcliffe is just very misguided as a person. He's Tony Stark without a conscience to keep him grounded.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That reminds of when Tony tells Bruce to embrace being a mad scientist and him "wanting to help Bruce" create Vision shortly after Ultron was created.

5. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Well Robbie's uncle, whose name I don't remember, didn't turn completely evil at first either. Could be the same with Radcliffe...doesn't want to kill...at first.

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Not likely. He had already built Aida before he found out about the Darkhold. And he talked about his intentions to merge organic life with cybernetics as a benefit for mankind, which was his operation was all about in season three. No, this has been his goal all along. He just wants the Darkhold because it can cut down his efforts by a considerable sum. Much like using Ultron shaved time off of Tony and Bruce's ideas for beyond what could be done with Jarvis.

7. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    So Radcliffe was corrupted by the Dark Hold, if I heard it right. Also, how did Simmons figure out that May's brain had been programmed? Isn't Radcliffe the least bit concerned that his LMD's are falling into enemy hands? Why is he drinking with the captain dude at the end and acting like they're equal partners when he could just have AIDA bump him off and either escape or take over his organization? Radcliffe isn't in it for the anti-Inhuman crusade, he just wants the book.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

In regards to May, Simmons knows Radcliffe mapped May's brain from back when they saved her earlier in the season by "rebooting" her "Uprising" and recovery in "Let Me Stand Next To Your Fire"

jabberwalkie and pronker like this.
  9. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Ah, right.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    One of the things I'm really liking is how seemingly throwaway plot points in Season Xa will become the driving force of Season Xb -- I think they're really come around with knowing they can't sustain a 22-episode plot, since they're bad at it, though it was absolutely necessary in S1... but that two 11-episode plots per year works much better, both for the show and as a comic-book adaptation.

11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

How? He didn't read it. Only Aida did. He's referring to what Aida did with creating the artificial brain for the LMD's and helping to construct the portal that saved him, Fitz and Coulson. As well as what he knows about what Robbie's uncle did with it.

12. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Okay, maybe I didn't hear it right then.

13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

Yes he did. Before Aida read the book, Radcliffe started to. It seems like you only need to glance at it for it to corrupt you. Hence why Coulson and May kept it at arm's length the entire time.

14. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeah, Robbie's uncle only got a glimpse and it was enough to drive him nuts.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Also, we have confirmation that the Koenings are not LMDs- but were technicians involved in the original SHIELD LMD program.

Season 1 did the same thing, though- just perhaps not quite as obviously. The first storyline in S1 basically ran from Pilot to TAHITI and then more or less ran from there til the finale for the Uprising story arc. One might even make the argument for the first arc ending with The Magical Place, a middle mini-arc (like LMD) running from there through TAHITI and then Uprising following.

There were more running plotlines throughout the arcs but there were "pods" back then. It's more noticeable during binges than during the original airing schedule, however.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So, chances of
    Not-Aida getting downloaded from the Framework into either Aida or Maybot after rescuing May?

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

Very good considering Black Widow was able to upload her consciousness into LMD in the upcoming Ghost In the Shell film. :p

I'm betting that Agent May will be "The One" in the Matrix ERRRRRRRRRRRRR framework.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    "So, cool origin story, bro."

19. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    That whole scene was pretty great.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  20. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    okay now i'm just tired of the LMD story

21. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I would have been fine if they had wrapped it up with the team finding out that notMay was an LMD. But now, I agree it's tiresome.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Or is it...
    Remember that Fitz was, literally, the only one left alone for the most part. Quake traded off with Coulson on the Superior; Mack and the Director were together, and Coulson met up with them.

Is everyone replaced with LMDs, or is Fitz in the Matrix, solving an unsolvable problem with Gemma, because that's his wish-fulfillment, like May saving the girl as The Cavalry was May's?

pronker likes this.
  23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Presumably the LMD story pod will conclude within an episode or two, assuming they're breaking the three pods down into roughly even chunks.

After next week, there are 7 episodes left. Next week's is the 7th LMD episode and Ghost Rider had 8.

pronker likes this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I agreed before I saw the latest episode. The latest episode reminded me of the comic book series, Secret Invasion. Now, if Norman Osborn would just show up at the end of the story arc and shoot a LMD in the head in front of the media it would make it all worth it.

Yeah, I had the same thought too that Fitz could be in the Matrix ERRRRR Framework. I won't surprise me if that's actually the case, as I think it would very difficult to have four LMDs, especially to have all of them operational with Daisy's, Coulson's and Mack's memories as their brains would have to be mapped for the LMDs. Director Mace, I could see could have happened since he was captured.

25. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    How was it that Fitz and Simmons were the ones who experienced the time discrepancy if they were the ones who weren't plugged into the Matrix? Or do I need to watch this episode again...