main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    My premise is: there was no time discrepancy, it's just Fitz's "perfect scenario" in the Framework providing an explanation, leading to 4 LMDs, that only he and Gemma can stop...

ma_petite likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Initial reaction to pre-stinger episode ending: "WTF? WTF? WTF is going on?!"

So I'm impressed that, after we were all feeling like the LMD plotline was starting to drag, suddenly we get this kick-ass episode (DESPITE it seemingly not engaging with any of the more complicated theories about last week's time discrepancy and just taking things in a straight forward manner as far as "this being real" goes).

The character moments were really great here- !Fitz & Simmons, Daisy & Simmons, !May & !Coulson. All had real character highlights (the hug in particular- great use of her powers for a very touching moment).

And then that ending! First you think you know what to expect, then you get the photo... then some more stuff you kinda expect (clever of them to hide the year with the leaves ala the Daredevil fight poster) then you get May's scene and you think "ah, so that's the big reveal..." until you see the logo and basically get my opening quote from above.

So this is somehow an Insight-succeeded scenario? But that's May's scenario? Why is she wishing for a Hydra world to be a part of? To be a double agent and give her conflict as resistance?

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah seriously, this was one of those episodes where I'm like, "damn, when this show is good it's good".

And of course, of ****ing course,
    Ward is back.
    [​IMG]
    :p

4. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Well, this feels applicable...
    for Ward at least.
    [​IMG]
    ;)

5. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    This episode was absolutely bonkers. One of the best this show has done for sure. Chloe Bennet's acting has come such a long way from S1...she and Elizabeth Henstridge were really great. And that ending...wow.
    What an ingenious way to bring Ward back to the show. One thing I don't really get is why the Hydra building is in May's reality though. I guess that's the kind of challenge she relishes?

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Chloe Bennett tweeted this:

"Whoaaaa y'all. The crazy part is... that the crazy part hasn't even happened yet. #AgentsofSHIELD"

Jedi Merkurian , pronker and Rew like this.
  7. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    The possibilities are now endless with all those Framework realities.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They're not separate realities though, are they? Isn't it just one "Matrix"- albeit one that gets rebooted every time it has to accommodate a new person's desires?

That's sort of their whole plan- slip into their avatars inside that singular simulation, so they can locate their people.

Oh, CRAP! It just dawned on me: they're supposed to be inside the bodies of their own avatars... well, Simmons is dead! Whose body is she in?! Or are we going to get a Kill Bill burial escape sequence by zombie Simmons? (Down to the "molecular detail"...)

EDIT- also, a spoiler tease video from Marvel:

jabberwalkie likes this.
  9. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Just saw that, and was coming here to post it.

10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Couple episodes back, I was half expecting the Superior to be revealed as Ward. But...this works too!

11. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    What was it at the end that Aida told the Superior that she wanted?.......it was love and some other stuff I didn't hear....

12. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    feel joy

cerealbox likes this.
  13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    First, good call T2Q on there being another arc coming... "Order" (potentially)... nice.

Second, the episode...

[​IMG]

Cut one head off and two more will rise. I'm pretty sure that we've all been played, potentially and either Radcliffe's plan for human evolution and order was Hydra-based or the Darkhold itself is a Hydra artifact

14. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i waited long enough to get Ward off the show. secondly...they are basically in the matrix now?!

15. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Yep.

16. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Did anyone see the dates on Jemma's gravestone?

Birth and death?

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    "11 September 1987 - 8 November 20XX"

Wanting to avoid specific dates/years, they obscured the death year with dead flowers/leaves (similar to how they made sure the Murdock/Creel fight poster in Daredevil obscured (or tore off) the actual fight night date/year).

pronker likes this.
  18. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I just lost my local ABC and CW stations in a blackout due to a contract dispute with Dish Network today, and if it lasts as long as the Fox one from last summer, then I may miss both S.H.E.I.L.D. and the Arrowverse for a little while.

19. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Arrow-verse shows are available on CW's website the day after the air. So if you miss them, that's really more on you than your provider IMO since the opportunity is there.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

ABC, unfortunately, still does the "eight days after release" BS, so... it sucks. I know this from int'l travel often...

21. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    It is just annoying, especially since next week is going to be the Framework.

22. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I believe the show is on hiatus until April 4, actually.

23. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    Yep, April 4. Thank goodness Iron Fist comes out this month to tide us over until then.

24. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, that is lucky, it is indeed on hiatus until April 4. I still hope this is resolved swiftly, because over a month without Fox was annoying, even though there weren't a specific show on Fox at the time that I was following. The Arrowverse and Supernatural are still going to be inconvenient.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000