main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I thought that was AIDA herself inside the Framework?

Also, for being a pair of spies Daisy and Simmons were doing a horrific job in maintaining their cover.

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    So, it is seriously going to be tomorrow before I can say last week's episode, What If..., because it is still locked today.

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000

I thought it was clear that it was Zombie Jemma as she came out from the ground and said she woke up in some mass grave at SHIELD headquarters. Plus, her appearance was very corpse-like.

Coulson is definitely a father figure to a few of the Agents.

jabberwalkie and pronker like this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Sorry, I was quoting my observation from when the mid season cliffhanger aired a few weeks ago, before we knew for sure in this episode.

5. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    My twentysomething son watched last week's ep with me. I nearly bit off my tongue not explaining everything that was going on complete with backstory, and we enjoyed the show together. [face_love] Would anyone offer a good, succinct summary of the program up to date, please, should he watch again tomorrow?

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

Woohoo! I got one of the above back. Let's see if the other two have a chance.

Great episode tonight. Very concerned that not all of our heroes will make it out of the Framework now. So kudos to the writers for really raising the stakes with this virtual world.

pronker likes this.
  7. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Wait so when Fitz killed Agnes in the last episode, is that permanent? I mean she's basically a computer program right, so couldn't Radcliffe have had a backup copy of her lying around?

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Nope, she's dead. That's why Radcliffe is so upset. I don't think he can copy human minds multiple times as he can with Aida. Same with Radcliffe being trapped himself.

My prediction; Fitz kills Jemma which will probably snap him out of it.

9. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Never mind, he fell asleep after watching part of it. He's into Game of Thrones, so perhaps following another plot-heavy show is too much for Mortal Minds.[face_party]

10. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    still dont care for this storyline

11. Honest Swindler

Honest Swindler Jedi Knight

Mar 5, 2017
    I probably shouldn't be here, what with E4 (the channel it's shown on in the UK) being behind your ABC. But I never did care about spoilers so I must ask, what is Agents of Hydra like so far? Is it any good?

12. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    This story arc has been interesting but also a little slow IMO. Last night's episode moved the story forward a lot though... it was easily the best one of this pod so far.
    Mace's character arc was really well done this season. I'm actually going to miss him :(

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I will admit when I first watched the first Agents of HYDRA episode and they dropped a reference to "The Doctor!" my Marvel Zombie brain went "ZOLA!" Turned out to be Fitz, which is totally okay and a very good idea for the show itself. Same deal with "The Director" MZ brain goes "Red Skull!" But it was Ada, which also is totally okay and a very good idea for the show itself. Evil Ftiz is actually kind of awesome, we got a taste of it with Robo-Fitz (and a few moments of darkness in the earlier seasons) but full on super crazy mad scientist doctor totally works. I keep getting the feeling SOMEHOW this storyline will end with either a resurrected robo-Ward or a resurrected robo-Trip (I'm fine with either one) pulled from the Framework to the real world. big shocker with Mace, though, didn't see that one coming. Oh and the Matrix / HYDRA green tint to the Framework is really cool.

I will say, I didn't buy May's sudden "But they're kids! I'm good now!" twist, out of all of 'em, I would assume she would be the one who would go full HYDRA and, to be fair, they exceptionally leaned into May going Full HYDRA for, like, 3 episodes straight.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and pronker like this.
  14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Really? Of all, I thought May's was most believable. Fitz's crisis of conscience earlier felt far less earned in a way given all the terrible experiments he's appeared to have done. But May has been in the framework since the beginning; fighting like hell to get out. Her one mistake was failing to save the girl so this time she fails the agents. Both weigh on her. But she had no idea about innocent kids in that building. And kids are her established soft point. That and Coulson's "Snap out of it May!" are enough to convince me. May is a company person second. Her personal code always takes priority. When those two conflict, her code wins out.

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Very good point, actually. I guess I just love May being the unstoppable force that the crew has to go against.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Agents of HYDRA/The Framework have been some of the best episodes yet, probably because it's a cohesive and intimate story. Plus, it has two of the best villains the show has ever had, Madame Hydra and The Doctor. Additionally, the Patriot became a more impactful character.

pronker likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah it's a way to take the wheels off the MCU "framework" (pun intended) and like the show be as big, world altering bugnuts crazy as it could be. Although, personally, I always kind of take it as a sign of creative frustration whenever people take established worlds and start tossing them into an alternate reality for a sustained amount of time. But you can get awesome stuff out of it. If there is a Season 5 (and EW said AoS was more "bubble" than "cancelled") it'll be interesting to see if they even want to continue to be tethered to the MCU or just go completely their own way.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, while it's possible the Framework may continue to exist in some form after this arc once our heroes escape it/defeat Aida that they might call back to tackle another threat, they're obviously going to move onto a different story pod in the real MCU world next season, not stay inside the Framework.

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Framework Ward escaping into The Real World to be a Real Live Ward (and not as psychotic HYDRA member) is possibly a thing. (Because what else is the option? Giving Ward a THIRD death scene if the Framework is wiped? I mean, come on) Of course, I would love it if they managed to bring both Ward and Trip back. Trip's death I thought worked if only because a superhero origin almost always needs a tragedy tethered to it, usually a death, so he drew the short straw. Although, Radcliffe is also an "only alive in the Framework" character. Mace is dead dead now. But, hell, maybe they don't need to put them in robot bodies. The Framework is a byproduct of the Darkhold and, hey, magic!

.... this is assuming there is a Season 5 but Jeph Loeb did say the words "Hopeful!" about a renewal. And the show apparently has a 110% DVR uptick. That ain't small potatoes! Also branding for Infinity War! But I do think with Inhumans mini on the way, AoS hypothetical Season 5 may be a shorter episode run. (which I don't mind. all killer, no filler!)

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think Inhumans will affect AOS, given its miniseries status. Being new, it'll have more hype but it be over by year's end and AOS will have to carry that torch up to Infinity War (another reason AOS won't spend season 5 in the Framework).

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Inhumans is only 8 episodes that'll premire Sept 26 (On TV, weeks after the IMAX premiere) so it'll probably be over by the end of November. Would ABC do 22 eps of AoS from Dec 2017 to May 2018?

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think they'll just do a split season, because I can't see AOS premiering mid season. AOS will premiere with Inhumans so that they can feed off of each other (even if they don't air on the same night). AOS can break after the first story pod, let Inhumans wrap-up, then come back for the second story pod (and likely another break before the final pod leading to Infinity War, as they did between LMD & AOH).

23. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Well I mean the whole point of putting her into the framework to begin with is to make her immortal right? Why would he put her into a world then where she's just as fragile and susceptible to harm as her previous human existence?

24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Because as noted earlier, the mind is such a tricky thing that dying in the framework can impact the real body. Hence the death of Mace and their inability to just unplug them from the framework. But without a real body, they can only live as long as they're in the framework, but are still subject to the limitations of the mind. That being that if they die inside, they die for real. Basically the standard trope in virtual reality stories.

Radcliffe wasn't expecting Aida to find a loophole and kill Agnes.

25. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Even if AIDA didn't go off the rails and have Agnes killed, what if one day she just slips, falls, bumps her head, and dies? Radcliffe doesn't have any safeguard against that?

And what's to say that the framework needs to be limited to what people expect to see in real life? I mean, we dream all sorts of impossible things like being able to fly...and here in the AOS universe we've got Mace who actually has Inhuman powers despite not having them in the real world.