main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Nah, they said midseason...

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Really enjoyed the finale.
    Did not expect Coulson to have the Spirit in him like that, cool surprised there. Curious to find out what the deal he made was, any ideas? Also that last shot was a surprise as well, will be really cool if it turns out to be SWORD.

pronker likes this.
  3. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Even though Radcliffe had it coming, that end for him was pretty eery.

Even though they were just programming, I feel bad for people in the framework like Hope, Ward and Trip.

Any story where the world is ending, piece by piece, and there's nothing you can do to stop it, has always given me the chills.
    The whole fade away to nothingness.

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Ending seemed kinda reminiscent of the last season of Agent Carter...menacing powerful villain brought down in the last few minutes in a rather anticlimactic fashion.

One Quarter Portion likes this.
  5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That's the drawbacks of having a television budget. What should have been something like the final battle in "Ant-Man", instead is reduced to a few minutes.

6. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i was ready for it to be over

7. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I'm sure going to miss AIDA/Ophelia, she became such an interesting character in this arc. And that cliffhanger!! Geez it's going to be a painful wait until season 5...

BigAl6ft6 and pronker like this.
  8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i wasn't liking the SHIELD are fugitives again storyline. I feel liked i've seen that before not too long ago.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the SHIELD/fugitives thing seems repetitive.

Beyond that, though, pretty awesome finale. Every Aida/Rider confrontation was so badass and the final twist of Coulson borrowing the Rider was great. Not to mention the definite connection between the portals and Doctor Strange with Robbie learning the sling ring technique using his chain.

I'm also pleased they refrained from making things too happy with the end of the Franework by not. having anyone else escape into a new body like Aida did (Hope or Radcliffe being the obvious choices but I had a remote fear of a Nu-Ward coming into existence, especially before they revealed it was Radcliffe that saved Yoyo).

What was Coulson's part of the deal, I wonder? Impending death due to his resurrection? Would they end the series how it began with Coulson dead?

And, yeah, if that's SWORD, be pretty sweet to finally have a payoff to the Thor deleted scene.

Jedi Merkurian and pronker like this.
  10. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Question:

Was that Ward in the beginning of the finale? The one who found Yoyo first and ended up shot by Radcliffe? It sure looked a lot like him.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No, that was generic Hydra Guy #25.

cerealbox likes this.
  12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Finally was able to watch the last episode and I totally called what went down!

pronker likes this.
  13. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    =D= Good for you! I guessed the
    Rider inside Coulson but not Gemma being an LMD. Thought her "murder" was Whedon's way of wrenching us once more, the stinker. The sight of AIDA knocking back some booze is what shall sustain me through the long, dry AOSless summer. [face_coffee]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Agents of SHIELD has always done a good job with the season finale episodes. I wonder if the next season will be tied-in with the Inhumans. I would think there has to be a close tie-in with the Inhumans, unless the Inhuman are in a different timeline from Agents of SHIELD.

pronker likes this.
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They've said Inhumans won't be directly referencing AOS. Doesn't mean AOS won't make a connection, though.

pronker likes this.
  16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    It's possible that after "Inhumans" ends, we'll see Blackbolt or one of his people guest starring on AOS.

BigAl6ft6 and pronker like this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I liked the finale for it's epic sprawl, Ada's last stand, and Doctor Radcliffe's final moments. I am surprised they shut down the framework entirely, thought they could keep it around as a handy alt-verse for story purposes. I will admit I don't quite know how Fitz was able to make LMD Jemma in, like what seemed like minutes? Where did he get the resources for it / how was he able to build one without Radcliffe? Also while I think it's awesome that Ghost Rider had to take Ada out I don't quite know why it had to be Coulson Ghost Rider? Just for the finale to have more dramatic impact and involve the main characters? Otherwise, like I said, it could have been just the crew kicks back, has snacks and lets Ghost Rider do his thing. Although, to be fair, they did establish that Ada kept hightailing it out of there the second she saw Robbie.

The space ending I thought, if this was the last episode with no S5, I would have thought they were leaving Coulson in space for Infinity War tie in. Which could still happen. Because now we have Season 5. Maybe more SWORD and less Earthbound stuff, which would be nuts.

pronker likes this.
  18. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    If Coulson reappears in the movies, how do they explain him to the audience members who haven't followed AoS? Just lie and say he's a clone? LMD? Or that his wound in Avengers 1 wasn't fatal and he didn't die after all?

pronker likes this.
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    BTW, this is the previous SWORD reference I mentioned earlier:

re: the Simmons LMD, maybe they were able to access Radcliffe's LMD maker tech at his house/lab (or Aida had it added in the base when she made the Daisy LMDs)? Obviously Fitz knows all about the LMD tech so he would have a head start on replicating the tech.

As for Coulson Rider, you basically answered the question- it was to lure her in close enough for the Rider to grab her because she would otherwise teleport away before he got to her.

20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

CAPTAIN AMERICA: "Agent Coulson, how are you alive?"

PHIL COULSON: "I went to Tahiti. It was a magical place."

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Thor should already know that Son of Coul is alive, if he ever talks to Lady Sif.

I wonder if Marvel even has the rights to SWORD since it first appeared in Astonishing X-Men and led by Abigail Brand who is half mutant.

Jedi Merkurian and pronker like this.
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Coulson asked Sif not to tell Thor as he wanted to do it himself.

And they definitely have the rights to SWORD- see the video I posted.

They could always go the Secret Invasion route and somehow bring Dum Dum to the present day to command SWORD.

pronker likes this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That clip from Thor might not be a great indicator, since there it was most likely meant as nothing more than an easter egg. Plus, at least one guy working on the show has indicated that SWORD can't be used because it falls under the X-Men umbrella of rights.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm not sure they could have used it as an Easter egg if they didn't have the rights.

Hopefully they're not split off to Fox- it'd be a shame for only 2/3 of the major acronym organizations to be MCU.

pronker likes this.
  25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think an Easter Egg can be used. I remember Star Trek: Into Darkness had an R2D2 Easter Egg.

[​IMG]

pronker and BigAl6ft6 like this.