main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Got a link to that information?

pronker likes this.
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I keep seeing rumors that Disney forced a season 6 renewal. Not hard to buy that honestly. The show may not be a rating juggernaut, but it is solid and it does provide a connection to the Marvel universe. Guess we'll know for certain in a few weeks.

pronker likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Disney apparently forced Season 5, so not a surprise they might do it again. Still, it's going to be hard for them to top this season as a final season- they're wrapping up pretty much everything, as I noted before. Not saying they can't give us another great season but it's going to almost have to be the start of a new thing rather than a homestretch run like S5 has been.

Depending on how IW ends, giving us a Dark Reign-type season dealing with the aftermath could be pretty sweet (especially given that so much of AOS/MCU has been centered around DR-era material like Secret Warriors).

Sith_Sensei__Prime and pronker like this.
  5. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Does this mean we might get that Christmas or musical episode after all?[face_love]

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  6. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I recently got caught up with the series after a long absence; I had stopped watching in disappointment at the Hive reveal mid-season 3 (I basically thought the creators couldn't let their love of Grant Ward go, especially since that point he had already been dodging death for ages). Season 3 was a mixed bag overall, but Season 4 was amazingly strong (even if it was the standard mirror universe trope) and Season 5 has been a joy to watch too. I love this concept of taking a premise and expanding it from what would usually be a single episode to half a season.

Would be nice if FitzSimmons could get a break though. It feels that all the couples or potential couples on the show get crunched to bits.

pronker likes this.
  7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oookay, just one more episode and I'll be all caught up...and I can go back and look at all those spoiler tags.

Is Ward back yet? I'm going to laugh so hard when he does come back. They kept bringing him back, so why not go all the way and have him around for the finale? Don't disappoint us now!

pronker likes this.
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They had the perfect opportunity but didn’t bring him back exactly.

pronker likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the writers kind of gave up halfway through Ward's Framework-enabled return so much that they didn't even bother to give Framework Ward an even proper send off, he just disappears while they're still doing stuff in the Framework.

That being said, they killed Ward quite a lot in various ways that unless someone travels back in time and scoops him up or grabs him from an alternate dimension, he's been killed, resurrected as a alien god meat puppet and then that one alien god meat puppet was atomized.

I actually loved full baddie Hydra Ward that they had in late S2/Season 3, and the initial turn when Ward went Hydra. Out of a show that delivers multiple twists, Ward being Hydra is my favourite because that's only MCU main lead character we've seen for awhile turn Hydra and straight up stay there as a baddie the whole time. (Bucky gets his head straight by the end of WS. Well, sorta. But he certainly isn't as murder-y evil anyway)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    pronker likes this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Sitwell was Hydra and stayed bad- he was just more cowardly and didn't last that long.

Yodaminch and pronker like this.
  11. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    You mean like how Yo-Yo should have been using her powers to instantly destroy Ruby and those Hydra goons instead of mucking around until her arms got chopped off?

Sith_Sensei__Prime and Yodaminch like this.
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    If Coulson had died in the last episode, that would have been so lame.

Although, I'm still expecting him to die this season.

pronker likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    He'll die but I'm foreseeing a post-credits "Not dead!" moment, leading to if S6 happens Agents of SHIELD: The Search for Phil Coulson.

Does anyone buy weekly Marvel comics who watches Agents of SHIELD (and for Inhumans as well) cuz every week in Marvel comics they have a 1 page ad for whatever that week's episode is. Kinda basic slap together job but it's sorta fun if you're up to speed on comics/AoS if you read it on Wednesday cuz it's a teaser for that week's ep.

14. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    I got priced out of comics 3 years ago ... :_| Sounds like a fun way to garner interest in AOS, though. :)

The Search For P.C. I'd watch ... what other things could the program do? Space travel, check, time travel, check, Mirror Universe, check ... *ponders*

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I've been still stopping by my local comic book store to pick up my weekly pull list, but I have actually read any comic book for nearly a year.

And I even have the Marvel Unlimited subscription to have all access to mostly or all their comic books that are 6 months old or older.

pronker likes this.
  16. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh man, so I was at a grocery store and I saw this little girl with no arms. Okay well, not really...obviously she had pulled her arms through her sleeves into her shirt...but it did look for a second like a real-life Yo-Yo. I've have got such a morbid mind... >_>

17. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    AV Club pointed out in its review that, yes, we know YoYo got her arms lopped off but does it have to be a the start of every frickin recap package since that happened? I'm barely settling in to watch and, boom, dismemberment in the first 10 seconds.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    pronker and Alpha-Red like this.
  19. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Yeah, it's gross. Did they just, like, leave the arms there?[face_sick] Could cloning from them be the next arc? We saw multiple Daisys a while ago, but they were LMDs, as I recall.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the comic ads for this show have always been fun bonuses. They do a good job of teasing the episode without spoiling anything directly like the episode previews do. They’re also useful for pulling unofficial story pod titles from for ones that didn’t have any (ie: season 2’s SHIELD vs SHIELD).

I’m waaay behind on my comics this year though so I haven’t had the chance to enjoy the teases this season, unfortunately.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Last night's ep had a lot of Dove Cameron as Ruby acting crazy which I have come to appreciate, like Ada last year she has a slow burn into complete buggity boo mastermind which I quite enjoy.

Also
    how Malinda May admits she loves someone is nicely terse and there was some fun with Deke being dopey after surgery but I'm wondering how long he'll be running around in action scenes by the finale after, y'know, getting shot. Oh and the last minute teaser was awesome because it looks like they used some Hydra/Winter Solider style brainwashing on Talbot and if they're going to go there, hopefully Sargent Bucky Barnes gets a reference. cuz it would be weird if it didn't.

Here's wondering if next week's ep will have an Infinity War tie in, there's been more concrete tie-ins in Season 1 and 2 to the MCU movies, Season 3 had a mention of the accords / Peggy's death / shout out to Iron Man vs Cap, Season 4 not too much. But IW is huge and next week's ep is the last episode before it comes out so maybe?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  22. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    I forget, was it on this show where a character (Skye/Daisy?) got impaled on some metal spikes but was up and kicking again just a few episodes later?

pronker likes this.
  23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Loved this last episode to bits!
    I found May's declaration of love so... Malinda May, I actually lol at it's perfection. Also thought they (Coulson and Talbot) got out of there too easy, so wasn't
    surprised with the phone call. Just wondering who's side the wife is on.)

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    hah, sounds about right.

pronker likes this.
  25. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Peggy Carter dropped about twenty feet straight down onto spikes; she had a fair amount *for an action show!* of recovery time in universe. I forget if Daisy suffered similarly.