main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

I replayed it twice after she said it. Would have worked too. Dr. Strange, a renowned neurosurgeon could easily be a SHIELD consultant prior to being sorcerer supreme. Boo for that missed opportunity.

pronker likes this.
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm not even joking, LITERALLY dropped my mouse.

3. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I was almost expecting a Winter Soldier cameo when they were heading into the bunker. It made sense at the time and now afterward I don't understand what I was thinking.

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Also didn't realize
    the creature was alien. At first glance, I just assumed WW2 era. One of those German supersoldier attempts gone wrong. But of course, I was hoping for GH to be the infinity formula so that's naturally where my mind went while others are looking at Kree and Frost Giants.

pronker likes this.
  5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    That had damn well better be a Kree.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Sooooooo... is it possible...

That is a Kree and it's rumored that Peter Quill's new backstory has him accidentally transported to the other side of the galaxy, and this is what made the trip in the other direction?

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Next week's promo:

GenAntilles likes this.
  8. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Language Warning.

9. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Doubtful. What would that make Coulson then? Marvel isn't going to waste their biggest female character on Agents of SHIELD.

10. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Kree-Skrull War

Calling it right now so I can claim prescience if anything remotely similar to this ever happens in the future :p

11. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Did anyone else think this is the comic-book-iest looking episode thus far, with all the deep dark shadows and the 109 yards worth of tubes? Also, I thought the
    thing was a Skrull, but others have mentioned Kree, so that could work. Jotun, too. Anything big and pointy-eared!

12. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

What if it's a Skrull posing as a Kree?
    :p

pronker likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Honestly, for as much as I enjoy the show, I highly doubt it to be a Kree. That would be a major development for the MCU, and I just don't see them using AoS as that kind of launching point for something that big. To me, it seemed like something from Jotunheim, although I wouldn't be shocked if it was a Super Soldier experiment gone wrong. Either serum or Gamma.

I did laugh when, as Son of Coul went into the room with the tank, Mrs Inty hypothesized that he was going to find his actual body, calling into doubt who/what he currently is. Very glad that wasn't the case.

pronker likes this.
  15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I still think this show is trying to figure itself out, but Bill Paxton was definitely a bonus to this one. Plus, if Tripp could be a regular, that'd be nice.

16. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'll watch anything with The Pax in it.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked Tripp.

CooperTFN likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm actually surprised Tripp stayed a legit SHIELD agent. I thought for certain they were setting him up to be the way the Clairvoyant rescues Quinn off the plane, after Pax's rubbing it in about it and Tripp taking Quinn on the plane while Pax stays behind to chat. Thought for certain Tripp would leave without Pax.

19. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I kept waiting for them to do something like that. I was ready to cringe, but he wound up being just a guy, and his rivalry with Ward was just that, a normal rivalry.

Or at least, based on the five minutes we see of the guy, that's what it looked like.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Plus a romantic rival for Simmons...

s65horsey likes this.
  21. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    That's what I'm saying. So far just about every person who's guest stared on this show has been more interesting then the main cast. I'd even like to see the Ghostbusters 2 dude become a regular. Tripp and Paxton were instant fun.

Somebody did have a fun little theory about GH.

GH is actually Geheneris HalaSon Mahr Vehl. Which is the Ultimate Mar-vell? I don't know. What he's saying is that Coulson is still dead. The brain is that of Marvels, but with Coulsons memories.

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I just remembered something - those two SHIELD agents just died doing their job. Seriously, all they were doing was what they signed up for :p

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah- but were they agents of SHIELD?

They were not an official SHIELD facility. That collapsed WW2 bunker they were in wouldn't have been out of place as a former/current HYDRA facility like the one we saw at the end if Cap 1.

And Garrett read the name of the one guard that was killed. "Sorry, Bob."

Could that have been Bob, Agent of HYDRA? :)

EDIT- reading up on a similar theory, supposedly HYDRA had connections in the comics to blue humanoid aliens with healing powers called Gnobians.

24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Gnobians? With psychic powers? Potentially ... One might say ... Clairvoyant?

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

Still just two affable dudes doing their jobs :p

CooperTFN, pronker and The2ndQuest like this.