main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I have a feeling of excitement and confusion now. Wow.

Sent from my communicator via the all powerful Internet.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So much cool stuff in this episode from the plane landing beauty shot to the emergency course correction to the amazing x-ray shot to Brad Dourif to having every pre-existing SHIELD Agent (outside of Fury and Hill) appearing all at once (plus Garrett/Hand and Tripp) to thinking how it's nice to not have Hand be an anatongist for once (I am a fool) to **** going down.

Oh, and Pax's delivery of "Fight breaks out, let me take Blake- he's coy. And scrappy.".

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Calling it right now:

1- Agent Hand is actually in league with Redford's Alexander Pierce from Winter Soldier
    2- May was actually in contact with Fury, and it's going to become very useful as they deal with the repercussions of WS.

Lauré :)

pronker likes this.
  4. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah that's what I'm guessing. If May was with Redford she wouldn't have gone after Fitz with a nite-nite gun.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I guess it depends on what Hand is reacting to. If it's outside events (the people rushing to the control ceneter that Simmons mentioned), then it's likely a result of Pierce. If it's a reaction to May's line being cut off mid-transmission, then it could be something else. Third possibility: Hand suspects Coulson (or his team) to be allied with Pierce and is actually acting in SHIELD's best interest (unlikely, but possible).

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I think May is reporting to Hill. Maria knew who Phil wanted on the team and cleared everyone. I could easily see her being the one to force May onto the team before Coulson ever showed up to convince her. Whether or not Fury knows remains to be seen.

Quest: If Hand really did that third possibility, why kill everyone but Coulson? What makes Fitz, Skye, May AND Ward so suspicious but not Coulson? Hand's always been closer to villain side even in the comics. Granted she's more pragmatic, but if she thinks Pierce's way is the right way, it's easy to see her following him and being willing to kill Coulson's renegade team. It's not the first time she's tried to kill them either.

Regardless, can't wait for the movie. Nice choice to have the episode end with Fury.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I agree- it's only justifiable if she means "take out using ICE guns" or whatnot.

It's wishful thinking- it's just that, being a fan of Dark Reign, I'm not sure I want them to pull the trigger on her this soon.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  8. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    I totally called the reveal about Victoria Hand about halfway through the episode; my only other guess for the Clairvoyant's identity was John Garrett. When the last scene finally happened, I jumped right into "told you so!" mode. That character's been a real witch since her introduction.

9. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    This show is leaps and bounds above what it was at the start of the season.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Promo for next week:

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

It is possible that Garrett could be the Clarirvoyant, or at least working for him. Especially when he wasn't able to remember the details of that mission with Coulson from before his death.

12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I would love for Bill Paxton to become a regular on the show so I hope he doesn't wind up evil and/or dead anytime soon.

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm just now watching the episode and the scene near the beginning with Chloe and Paxton was well done. Which brings me to a question, out of cuiosity. Who is the best actor on the show?

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Ok so, the best thing they could do is make Ward a secret inside SHIELD villain.

15. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Didn't Trip mention his family was rich and had a history in SHIELD? Maybe he's going to become the MCU Baron Zemo.

pronker likes this.
  16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I really dug how on Agents of Shield this week Agent Sitwell literally got pulled from the episode after 10 min to go show up in "Captain America: The Winter Solider". It's like getting called up from the minors mid-game!

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, to be fair, Sitwell is the only SHIELD agent besides Coulson, Hill and Fury to appear in multiple movies- so it's more like getting sent down to the minors for a couple weeks before returning to the pros.

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

He isn't. As noted, the Clairvoyant is using their psychological profiles against them. In this case, that Ward can be protective and has a temper, which is why he pulled the trigger. Dude has the hots for Skye.

20. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    What was the credit sequence with Fury? The 'version' that I was watching did not include that scene.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Did your version have anything else as a stinger in it's place?

The Fury stinger was a car chase scene from TWS. Fury lures two chasing vehicles into an intersection T-boning then instructs his GPS/AI/something to get him off the grid. While it's plotting a route to the nearest safehouse, TWS appears in front of him, fires the sliding mag-grenade that flips Fury's car and it ends with TWS approaching Fury, who is still inside the overturned vehicle.

That then cuts to a "This Friday/Everything Changes" 30-45 second TV spot of TWS

EDIT- Reskimming through the last episode, can anyone make out where Sitwell was ordered to report to? I couldn't understand what Hand said after "You have orders to report to-". It sounds like "Len Marine Star" or "Glen Marie Stir".

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It was "the Lemurian Star", AKA the ship from the beginning of TWS.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I will keep an ear open for that tonight :)

24. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    No, my version cut after we saw Hand was behind the plane's course change.

Having gone and seen Winter Soldier last night before I watched this episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. I haven't missed anything.

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Honestly, that scene was out of place in the timeline going by TWS:

Fury's chase happens very early in the film, yet Simmons tells Fitz that something is up and all the agents are running around. That shouldn't have happened until much later.