main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Well... Hail Hydra

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Basically what I expected to happen but still, hell yeah.

They have delivered for two episodes on a row. I hope we're in for an awesome season finale.

EDIT: s65horsey, you simply used the wrong tag. It's "spoiler", not "spoilers". Try again, it should work!

3. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I try to be fair to this show. I will say this was the best episode of the series. However I guess my mind it already set on the series.

Thus this episode trying to be clever had me rolling my eyes. I called the ending twist and the turn of that character pretty much last episode. Atleast it makes that character more interesting, finally.

Reveal of bad guy we've been chasing all series, a big whatever to me. Didn't like how cartoony he played the villain. Redford played pierce straight.

And my lord did the Skye and ward scene in the closet make me want to puke.

I can say that the show has an interesting direction it can take. Way better than what the series has offered so far. Still show needs some new writers..

Penguinator likes this.
  4. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Not sure Ward is Hydra... he didn't give the 'hail hydra' thing so maybe he's still on the fence about being evil.

Well Sitwell and Hand are both dead now, Blake is apparently not Hydra. And according to Hand she and Coulson were pretty much the highest ranked SHIELD agents left, so Hill must've left for Stark Industries pretty quick.

That said I did enjoy the humor moments. Garret telling everyone he liked Fitz, then telling his men to be sure to shoot him in the knee. Then Ward and Skye commenting on how they thought the blast would be bigger.

But this felt like a season finale and it's still going, gesh... they really did step up their game for the last half of the season.

Also the Hydra goons giving the 'hail hydra' yell right out of Captain America the First Avenger was great, got to love evil organizations that scream out their loyalty.

Also with Garret in charge of the Deathlok program... I think I can see how he'll become a cyborg now.

5. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    So, about Ward: is he Hydra or is he not? I know all appearances point to an affirmative answer to that question, but the option that he may have been asked to go deep undercover by Coulson must be considered. I mean, Ward did look back at him before boarding, and I don't quite think that the scene with Skye was staged. In a way, it reminded me of the scene in Captain America when the plane's going down and all Steve can do is remember that he promised Peggy a dance. So, was Ward blatantly manipulating Skye's feelings, or simply storing whatever good memories he could make in case he needed to hold onto them in the future? The simple fact that he knows Skye will be there to "have a drink" with him, as it were, may be enough to sustain him through the hard times to come.
    Lauré :)

Thumper09 and pronker like this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    That would mean possibly, that Hand faked her own death to aid Ward. Maybe.

7. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Ward does like Skye for real, as that's most likely the one he meant when he blabbed under Lorelei's spell. I suspect his HYDRA allegiances might have something to do with his mysterious olde brother, but it might be as simple as being recruited by Garrett in the Academy.

And it's good that Hand died an anticlimactic death, like in the comics. Wait, not: this was way better than in the comics. :p

8. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Would Coulson sanction an op that required Ward to kill one of the highest ranked SHIELD agents left along with two other loyal agents? I mean Hand herself might sanction that... but Coulson? Not the new Coulson for sure.

And now Garret and Ward have the flashdrive with all the teams intel headed to where all they badguys they locked up are kept.

I think Ward does like Skye and does like his team... but he is loyal to Garret and by extension Hydra, and if he wants to protect Skye then he could do that best within Hydra.

Also I'm glad they showed that SHIELD academy was under siege too. It wasn't just the battle at the Triskelion wasn't isolated.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    OH, ****!!!

Ok, the Garret reveal wasn't a big surprise because I had read people guessing that last week, but the Ward thing was a total shock.

Dug both Coulson's "Boo-ya!" and "No, this is you being a psychopath." lines. Also the way Fiotz handled himself. Good to know the Fridge is still intact- and them name-dropping the gravitonium can't be a coincidence. I bet that somehow may play a role in this season afterall.

And, man, i was so relieved when Hand turned out to not be HYDRA- as I mentioned before, I felt like pulling the trigger on something like that it would have been a waste of the character. I didn't expect the alternative to be literally wasting the character! :(

Also we learn that Fitz designed that fusion cutter (I couldn't make out the actual name of the device), which means he indirectly saved the lives of Nick Fury, Black Widow and Captain America.

Still, man, wow...

10. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Don't forget Falcon too, he was with the group Hill rescued with it,:p

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Falcon too, true.

Damn, I didn't know that had happened in the comics. Alas...

12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, it was a waste.

13. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm not convinced she's dead but I really don't want Ward to be evil so maybe that's me wishful thinking but one of the shots of her lying on the floor kinda looked like it may have been a hint that she isn't dead and that Ward is going undercover.

14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    With Ward just staring at her and barely hearing Garret I think it was more him realizing the horror at what he did and knowing he's picked his side and what that means. I think Hand is really dead. But if she's not and Ward is some triple agent I won't be surprised either. At this point the twist could be he's some quintuple agent who is a Skrull.

Jedi Merkurian and pronker like this.
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They showed Hand's hand covered in blood. The imagery there isn't exactly subtle. She's dead. As much as I'd like it to be otherwise.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  16. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    So with Hand gone is Coulson now the defacto leader of SHIELD? I mean who'd be left?

17. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    So any opinions about
    Trip as a (probably temporary) replacement for Ward?

18. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    You know Hand pretty much foreshadowed her own death, she watched Ward execute the 'Clairvoyant' and said 'bet he didn't see that coming' and then Ward betrays and shoots her in the next episode and she definitely did not see that coming.

Also I'm now thinking Ward was ordered by Garret to kill the fake clairvoyant.

He might stay on, Ward might get killed off getting redemption or stay as a recurring villain. Heck the crazy theory he's part of the Zemo family is making more and more sense.

19. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    You know, I never realized that the HYDRA group in the show is the same as the Red Skull's army from the First Avenger movie. Huh.

20. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    All the spoiler stuff has already been thrown out there, so I'll just echo horsey's post from earlier. I think it sums everything up rather nicely....

21. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    This
    [​IMG]
    was awesome.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The one curious detail about tonight was...

Hand seemingly so sure about how HYDRA agents operate and act by befriending, infiltrating and betraying, which would seem odd for an organization that has supposedly been dormant for 70 years and whose last incarnation was primarily as overt Nazi stormtroopers.

Does this mean we can assume some form of HYDRA organization has been active, or encountered, in the world more recently than WW2? Perhaps in some way that Hand would have experienced first hand?

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Likely. Hand, at the very least had enough of a level of clearance within SHIELD that she'd likely have access to any knowledge they had about HYDRA, especially if some form of it was still active.

24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Likely. If they also replaced Garrett's role as Coulson's buddy-cop by hiring Bruce Campbell, we'd be all set.

Quest: Yeah, they seemed to be pretty confident about how HYDRA worked, including the whole "cut off the head" principle. It wouldn't be that surprising if they'd at least knocked off a few cells in the early days of S.H.I.E.L.D., though that does raise the question of why they'd ever trust Zola.

Anyway, I'm just so glad this show is finally throwing us a real curveball and doing something with itself. It's still not great television, but it's putting itself together and it's finally doing bold and unexpected stuff that's moving its tone in the right direction.

25. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I love what Brett Dalton(Ward) had done with his twitter page now. :p

DarkEagle likes this.