main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    SPOILER ALERT: Coulson plays Call of Duty

2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Ward is an *******.

EDIT- You can't say that word.

3. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I was half expecting him to say his name was some famous villain when Garret kept hitting him.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    -Garrett, Ward and HYDRA forces freed Flowers & Quinn, then raided the Fridge, where it is revealed that the Slingshot is a fraud- all the toys get stored at the Fridge. Including the 0-8-4 weapon, Asgardian staff and the gravitonium (which was hidden in a floor lower than Garrett knew about)
    -Talbot's forces were to take over the Hub and all other SHIELD facilities. Most staff remained to turn themselves in. Coulson's team is going on the run, trying to avoid government detection.
    -The team go to a hidden base whose coordinates appeared on Coulson's badge. There, Patton's character tells everyone Fury is dead, but then privately reveals to Coulson that Fury is alive.

Here.

Punch Rockgroin!

I was going to say the same thing- real Ward is actually kind of interesting, I realy wish they had revealed his double agent act to the audience way earlier in the season.

5. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Chest Meatslab
    Big McLargehuge

Tonight's episode was really great. I think this show just needed a lot of buildup and now they're finally starting to deliver. Not saying it excuses the mediocre first 3/4s, but I can really see myself watching this show every week and enjoying it.

6. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Also just realized... a lot of people complained our 'heroes' killed to guards at the Tahiti lab just for doing their job. Well now we know they were killed by Hydra Agents.

Jedi Merkurian and pronker like this.
  7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Clark Gregg continues to be awesome as Coulson. I loved:

The scene on the plane where everything goes wrong. And then when Skye says they have internet, his "yay!" was priceless. [face_laugh]

And then later when he gives that speech. You really feel for him as his world has come crashing down and he clings to this desperate hope.

8. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    This episode was cool, but I didn't take Patton Oswalt very seriously at all. He was like the ultimate Marvel fanboy with way too much power, reminding me of Billy Rosewood in "Beverly Hills Cop III"...

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I like this Ward so much more. Had literally cringed with the little heart to heart he had had with Skye in Turn, Turn, Turn. Cuz... ugh!

As to why reveal him earlier in the show. That's not the Whedon way. Just like Hydra, they want you to be friends with him first, then they strike. :p

It'll be interesting to see how long they can play him against Coulson's team.

10. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I really hope he's a long term Hydra agent. This should be fun to watch.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I can see what you're saying, but one of the things I really liked about the episode was Patton's character and how he balanced the "gushing humor" personality with that of a hard-edged agent and was able to switch back and forth both on a dime and believably.

Just when you think that this guy is a push-over, won't be able to get Coulson to listen to him and that there's no way Fury would trust him on his short list, bam! He shows you you're wrong.

And, really- was he any more of a Marvel fanboy than Coulson in Avengers?

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Definitely not Whedon's way (the early reveals I mean). But better than when I thought he might make May the traitor. I mean she still betrayed Coulson's trust, but it's more akin to a Giles - type of trust Betrayal (nobody who didn't watch Buffys' last season will likely get that), so I can handle that. It enriches her characterization a lot more than if she'd been a HYDRA agent, whereas Ward is more interesting as a traitor.

But yes, Joss and his team get you to trust them, and then they stab you in the heart, smiling all the way.

Which means one of the cast is going to die permanently before this season is over.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    TOMMY. LEE. JONES.

The rest of the season's developing mediocrity and Skye the Pet Syndrome is forgiven due to the last two episodes. Holy ****. Never saw a Hydra takeover coming.

Super-stoked for Captain America now. Which was probably the point. Well played, Marvel.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Never mind on Tommy Lee; wrong thread.

The rest of my post stands.

15. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    Coulson's "geek" side was far more focused, though. He really stuck to Captain America like glue. :)

16. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    :-BI got a new TV just in time to watch this ep with the rest of the world. Wow. There's a 'shipping community over on FFN called 'Look Skyeward' which needs to change its focus right away. Looking over a previous poster's question 'Who is the best actor in the show?' I can say only that they are showing wonderful acting chops, from May's bewilderment over these events (and her talking a lot more!) to Grant's mocking his own 'I'm a loner and like it' bit to Coulson's nearly coming unglued as his world crumbles. Way to go, all!

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Simple; "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" happened. Now they're able to get to the heart of the matter.

Not being as well versed in Marvel lore as I am DC, I did a bit of research and realized that "The Winter Soldier" and the current storyline are also based on another story. That of "Nick Fury vs S.H.I.E.L.D." which came out in 1988 and had a similar premise where
    Fury finds out that S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA were both compromised by advanced Life Model Decoys known as Deltites who have replaced many agents in both organizations. Fury is forced to go on the run. He eventually exposes the deception and the LMDs are destroyed, but Fury has become so disillusioned that he disbands the organization. Later in 89, the third volume of "Nick Fury: Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D." launches with Fury rebuilding the organization, but only much smaller.

pronker likes this.
  18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Managed to watch the episode and squeeeeeeeeeeee:
    - A BARBER SHOP ELEVATOR. And it's HYDRA's!
    - The Peru artifact, Blizzard, the Berserker staff, the Gravitonium (perhaps with Graviton still inside)... they were not kidding about everything being connected.
    - Garrett is... a cyborg like his comic counterpart?
    - Eric Koenig, the lost Howling Commando.
    - Someone else apart from Fury was behind the TAHITI Project. Any theories?
    - HYDRA!Ward is a glorious bastard. I love him.
    This series got seriously awesome.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I'm thinking that
    Ward will either change his ways and return to the team, or most likely will die after changing his ways.

20. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    He could always become a recurring villain (think Angelus or early Spike), but I don't know how likely that is.

21. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'd say it's closer to the 2008 Secret Warriors story where
    Fury learns that not only has HYRDA infiltrated SHIELD, but they were instrumental in it's founding and have been secretly pulling the strings since Day 1 and that he's been "working for the bad guys the whole damn time".[​IMG]
    It goes a lot deeper and more convoluted than that but I won't spoil the "wheels within wheels" here. ;)

22. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    So we can confirm Biff Slamchest is 100% baddie, then? Okay, good, I like.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the Secret Warriors angle makes more sense (especially if Coulson's team is a thematic fill-in for the SW team). It's an awesome series too.

[​IMG]

24. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Glad to see Simon made himself into a proper spy after all.

[​IMG]

25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Garret mentions the dude with lions hands, it's This guy

Ward could still be a good guy. So now we have a nice mystery as to his true loyalties.