main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    "You got it?"
    "Totally."

Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.
  2. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    My mouth was gaping for a while with that bit! Horrifying!

3. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    Yeah, scenes like that show just how brilliant Sam Jackson is. He was the perfect choice for Nick Fury, and completely invests himself in the role.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I loved how even Ward was like "I'm totally screwed" and immediately tried to beg May to stop but she just went in for the finishing move.

TrandoJedi and GenAntilles like this.
  5. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Finally got to watch it and agree that it was a fantastic season ending.

Coulson and Fury were excellent for the reasons already mentioned. And good for Coulson! I was torn over Ward. About 3 different times during the episode I kept thinking that was the time he was going to turn back or indicate that he was secretly deep, deep undercover. But kudos to the show though for keeping him bad, if only misguided. It will certainly make for an interesting 2nd season.

Obviously, the connection between Raina and Skye is now right up in the audience's collective faces.With that brief scene, I can't think of any character Skye's father is supposed to be. Although now, I'm not thinking the Inhumans. The way things are being shown, it's moved into more like the Eternals/Deviants. I don't know though.

Supposedly, the "map" that Coulson and Garrett drew was seen in a previous episode. Does anyone remember it?

6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002

The2ndQuest likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Which raises the question- if Garrett and Coulson only started writing that after being exposed to the Jamba Juice- who was writing it before? And how were they already involved with Garrett/Cybertek if the Jamba Juice is the one thing Garrett didn't know about?

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    But he knew about the writing. The clairvoyant sent in Akia (really Ward) to that area back in "Eye Spy" so if he was watching (and I presume he was) he knew about the writing. And then he's writing in it when he has to get thoughts written down. We know the juice for him is causing it. But what changed with Coulson and will it happen to Skye as well?

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He knew about the writing- but someone still had to write it in the first place in order for him to learn of it.

Mr44 likes this.
  10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

I think it took longer for Coulson to start writing due to his memories being erased during his resurrection. The efforts to crack that open, along with the bits he was seeing in his sleep, has resulted in it finally starting to kick in. Skye being not entirely normal probably won't do that on her own accord and instead, has to be prompted into it.

11. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. I think the season as a whole had a weak start and a weak middle, but it ended strong instead of sputtering out.

Coulson and Fury's dialogue together was great, though Clark Gregg didn't quite sell it as well as he could have. Ward's fight with May was good, even if his lines were ridiculously dumb. Ward was fairly inconsistent, actually - he struggles with himself and yet is totally fine with going to full-on cheesy villain mode with horrible one-liners. His conflict didn't really carry over beyond his scenes with the other bad guys.

Mike Peterson...well, I'm glad he's gone for now. Felt pretty rushed, and his whole "I must go now" was pretty goofy. Needed a bit more time.

So like, did they write a team member out, then? Seems odd they gave the moment so much weight and yet he's apparently recovering and they don't bother exploring beyond that.

Also, Eric Koenig - now you guys have permission to scream "LIFE MODEL DECOY" at the top of your lungs, because it is finally plausible and appropriate :p

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Would have been more awesome if it was Victoria Hand that showed up instead of Koenig. Just saying.[face_whistling]

13. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I think they wrote the ending so that it stands on it's own, in case the show didn't get renewed. Now that it has, I wager we'll see more regarding Fitz and Ward.

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Since this is superhero comic book world where 9 out of 10 near-death experiences result in superpowers, what do you all think Fitz is going to be able to do next season? I'm thinking clairvoyance. (Kinda joking... maybe... )

15. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Part of me is wondering if Simmons is going to be desperate to bring his mind back she'll inadvertently turn him into MODOK or something.

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I think it would be great if Fitz was only temporarily disabled but needed assistance. Enter Fitz's helper monkey. :p

17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    My favorite part was that joke about 4 dead guys in one room [face_laugh]

Sarge likes this.
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Heh, I'm catching up on io9 and someone brings up that it's pretty clear SLJ and Paxton weren't available for shooting on the same day -- probably can't unsee that now if I rewatch...

19. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    Or his Golden Retrievers which are now mentally controlled.....

20. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    J. August Richards said on Twitter that he did film with SLJ. I don't know how that and Paxton and SLJ not being on set at the same time are compatible.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

He might have some amnesia and doesn't remember that he has feelings for Simmons.

22. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    Dp4m is referencing some of the user comments who say since Fury/Jackson never really fought Garrett/Paxton directly, they must not have been filming on the same day. That's just more their observations of the staging of the scene. Although the person making the bulk of the comments was disappointed in the episode, but also missed some stuff. Like he thought Garrett's body was intentionally carried into the "super soldier" room, completely missing the fact that Garrett escaped and made his was there on his own.

During a zap2it interview, Paxton says that he filmed with Jackson though:

Speaking of Nick Fury -- if I'm not mistaken, this episode is the first time you've worked with Samuel L. Jackson. Is that correct?
    -That was the first time. Our paths have crossed over the years, and I know Sam a little bit, but no we'd never actually appeared together in a film. And that is significant.
    What was that experience like finally working with him?
    -I just remember when he came to Culver Studios, I went down to his trailer and he was sitting on the steps of his trailer, and you know, we embraced and we caught up. We hadn't seen each other in a while.

So, while it doesn't exactly say they filmed the scenes together, they were there at the same time, so there wouldn't be any reason not to film together.

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I kinda get that since it looks like it was filmed separate since they're never in the same frame. And it is true, the Garrett gag doesn't look like he escaped and came back. It looked like he was never really removed from the room at all, even though you see him being hauled away. That part looked rushed.

24. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    I don't know. Maybe I'm mentally filling in the blanks then?

Garrett was zipped up in the body bag at the original location near the balcony, then there was a cut scene of the open bag with guards knocked out/killed in some sort of hallway, right? Then it shows Garrett valmorphanizing himself in the other side of the room by the machine?

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    That would be very Whedonesque, especially if Simmons realizes that she has feelings for Fitz.

Juliet316 likes this.