main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought Gregg was calling him out for a Ice Bucket but a Justin Hammer ep (or arc!) on AoS could be freakin' fantastic. (Because we need more Sam Rockwell in anything and everything). And it definitely seems like a character the movies don't seem to be doing much with (and he had a cameo in a Marvel One-Shot, surely a network TV show would pay better!)

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Season premiere ("Shadows") synopsis:

"Shadows" - Coulson and his team are now wanted fugitives with limited resources -- but that's not stopping them from keeping the world safe from powerful and unseen threats everywhere. However, with new members they hardly know, will S.H.I.E.L.D. ever be trusted again? Watch "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons and Nick Blood as Lance Hunter.

Guest starring are B.J. Britt as Agent Antoine Triplett, Nick Blood as Agent Lance Hunter, Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot, Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Patton Oswalt as Agent Billy Koenig, Lucy Lawless as Isabelle "Izzy" Hartley, Wilmer Calderon as Idaho, Reed Diamond as Daniel Whitehall, Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter, Brian Patrick Wade as Carl Creel, Matthew Glave as Roger Browning, Simon Kassianides as Sunil Bakshi, George Stephanopoulos as self, Raquel Gardner as Carla Talbot, Ben Turner Nixon as Hydra Officer, Franco Vega as Military Leader, Rich Ceraulo as Soldier #1, and JB Tadena as Private Tilden.

"Shadows" was written by Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharon and directed by Vincent Misiano.
    So Talbot is back. And Peggy Carter!

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I imagine Peggy is going to be flashbacks or recordings or something to better tie into her series. I do wonder though if they'll reach out to Emily Vankamp and see about having Sharon join the show for a few episodes or not?

4. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Fantastic promo shot from the season 2 premiere:

[​IMG]

Can I hear an OMG? :D

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Hells double-yeah! I kinda hope they keep a flashback structure going to that era for the first 12 episodes to weave the storyline right into Agent Carter.

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Thirding the "Oh Hell Yeah!"

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Just to confirm, we're "Hell Yeahing" because...

Clearly Dum Dum Dugan is there and going to be revealed as Triplet's ancestor?

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, that's most likely what they're doing. Makes sense since both shows focus on either SHIELD or agents of SHIELD (depending on what direction they take Agent Carter in).

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Triplet and Ward off to the far corners = Triplet is HYDRA! Ahhhh!

Also Ward's beard is either Mirror Universe Evil Beard style or maybe Commander Riker in TNG S2 better-characterization-through-beard logic. I'm fine with either one.

Sarge likes this.
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    But Trip is the one next to Skye and Ward is all by his little lonesome.:p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I've officially decided that the only characters that need to survive is Coulson, Triplet, Simmons, May, and maybe Ward if Evil Beard Ward turns out to be more interesting (which he did get much more watchable post-HYDRA). And Coulson has already died one!

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Triplet hasn't been upgraded to the main cast. I don't know what that says about his chances of surviving the season.

dp4m likes this.
  15. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Is it cynical of me to think that the show is going to be better with the inclusion of established characters?

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I also can't help but notice the space between Fitz & Simmons.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yet Skye and Triplett are right next to each other. Does this mean goodbye Fitzsimmons and hello Skyplett?

Juliet316 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Fitz is looking at Simmons moodily. Well, more moodily than usual. Also from what I can glean from the photo, the main setting for the season will be in the back alleys behind bars, apparently. HYDRA bars? Ninja Turtles crossover?

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I see it as more longing myself. But then again I'm a hopeless romantic and I do sort of ship Fitz/Simmons.

The2ndQuest and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Simmons looks like a less anorexic Keira Knightley, who looks like a younger Lena Headey.

EDIT:

Who are the two guys in the background of that cast photo?

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Definitely see the resemblance to Knightly, only with better acting chops, IMO.

I think the two guys in the background next to Simmons are the two former Prison Break actors who were cast.

22. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

Oh. For a second I thought they were from The Winter Soldier.

23. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I dunno. There could be a reason Fitz is sitting. After what they kept saying in the finale, maybe he's not the same. Though what that means remains to be seen I guess.

24. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Maybe they are just randomly posing like in a 90s alternative rock album cover.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Fitz = MODOK!

Sarge likes this.