main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    A visual background Easter egg that you need to freeze frame is one thing, but a scripted-and-filmed line is a very different situation.

Especially because Marvel was very aware of what they could and could not use even at that point in the MCU's development (i.e.: the Skulls vs Super Skrull distinction that was revealed near this era).

It'd be like them calling a naturally powered person a mutant- that's not gonna fly.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also, considering they definitely used the The Incredible Hulk deleted scene as the basis for a plot point in The Avengers...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Marvel Studio may have known, but perhaps the writers and director of Thor didn't, as such with the case of Ego, The Living Planet and James Gunn who thought Marvel had the rights to the character.

Plus, that was a deleted scene so technically it's not cannon.

I did some quick research on whether or not Marvel does own the rights to S.W.O.R.D. and this article by Screen Rant is the best that I could find and it's not definitive:

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Fox and Marvel has been playing nicer lately. Not flat-out "Please, take Spider-Man from us! (kinda)" desperation like Sony. But a bit more back and forth. And one has to remember there is still sorta a split in Marvel itself with the TV and the movie side and there has definitely been more leaning by Marvel TV to let Fox go and make them TV shows. (like I'm just guessing swapping a Marvel movie thing for a Fox TV thing may not be a square trade but swapping a Marvel TV thing for a Fox TV thing could be)

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Getting caught up on this now. I about died laughing at the little gem in this clip:

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I have not watched or was planning on watching "Slingshot" but since it received an Emmy nomination I've changed my tune and will make time to watch it in the next few weeks.

[​IMG]

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I was thrilled on reading the Emmy nom!

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Woah, I missed that in the nom list. Cool.

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Emmy nom? I didn't think it was that great.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    We'll make sure to let the Emmy Awards Committee know about your opposition.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Dangit! We almost had Sharon Carter show up on Agents of SHIELD. There's still time, maybe! Even though Emily VanCamp just got a new gig. But it'd be nice to have Sharon in something for more than three scenes.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/emily-v...arvel-sharon-carter-equal-pay-tca-1202141227/

[​IMG]
    “With Marvel, they can give you a call the day before you shoot. You don’t know what’s going on with their movies because they’re very secretive,” said VanCamp. Asked whether Sharon was ever going to join ABC’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., VanCamp says, “I think it was discussed, but I was working on Revenge at the time.”

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Two bits of good news. One, AoS is indeed beginning right when Inhumans ends. And two, the entire season will run uninterrupted, meaning no big breaks like last season.

pronker likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    For what the reactions and reviews of Inhumans, Agents of SHIELD can't come back to air soon enough to wash the stench of Inhumans away. Although, I'll be watching every episode of Inhumans when it drops.

So, a former character will be returning to Agents of SHIELD, but it's not Mockingbird.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5: [returning character]

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 5 will see the return of Nick Blood as former agent Lance Hunter. The first television offshoot from Marvel Studios’ Marvel Cinematic Universe launched on ABC in the fall of 2013 and the first season was largely hit or miss – that is, until Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s tie-in episode with Captain America: The Winter Soldier completely changed the landscape of the show for the better. In season 2, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continued to deal with Hydra and added two characters who quickly became fan-favorites: Bobbi Morse aka Mockingbird (Adrianne Palicki) and Lance Hunter (Blood).

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Who is

Lance going to bicker with now? And what the heck happened to Bobbi off screen?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    She got thrown into the future then married and divorced Seth MacFarlane. Awaiting a spatial anomaly to transport her back.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Corporate Synergy Powers- Activate! Form of: A Fifth Season! Shape of: A Friday Death Slot!

In a surprising reveal, they indicate that some at the network desired to end “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” after its fourth season closed out back in May, but a mandate came down from Disney for ABC to renew the series for a fifth run.

Having aired on Tuesdays since its inception, ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ is now being effectively dumped on Friday nights this season – taking over the slot once “Inhumans” wraps its eight-episode run.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I'd be surprised if season five isn't the last, unless Disney keeps it going on another network.

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Disney wants Marvel on ABC. Brand advertisement. Inhumans was probably viewed as a potential replacement. Guess they're back to the drawing board to appease their corporate Mouse overlords.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Attended the AOS panel at NYCC earlier today (man, the actor that plays Mack is giant). Very entertaining, as usual.

They announced the 2-hour premiere date for Season 5 will be Dec 1st and they screened the first 20 minutes of the episode.

The MIB from the end of last season is an alien wearing a fake skin suit. We see his POV of events leading up to the team’s abduction at the diner.

They’re then forcibly sent to that space installation via a white monolith, but not arriving at the same time or same place (May materializes with a metal bar from a wall brace through her leg) so it takes time for them to figure out what’s going on. However, Fitz wasn’t “on the list” so he was left behind at the diner.

The station inhabitants are being attached by alien creatures nicknamed cockroaches (they’re not the Brood, at least as far as design goes) that are draining their victims blood but preserving the bodies.

The main inhabitant they interact with has been studying the team and knows all about them and keeps talking about stories/prophecies where this SHIELD team would save humanity.

Meanwhile another character, initially masked and attired like a meaner Star-Lord, has been looking for May after she rips the metal from her leg to free herself.

Yo-Yo also gets a good line: “Coulson, does SHIELD have a space based organization? Like SPEAR or something?”

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Sweet, get the jump on S5 one month earlier / as soon as Inhumans ends.

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Oh, look, Agents of SHIELD is adding YET MORE CHARACTERS! Look, I love the show but, sweet jebus, this show has quite the tendency to add random folk off screen and then integrate them into the cast. Once in awhile it turns out okay, though (see: Hunter, Bobi, Mack, Ghost Rider). So I'm willing to let this one slide. But, on the flipside, it's the freakin' 5th season. Stop throwing new characters at us. Anyway, here they are

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017...-e-l-d-season-5-images-showcase-the-new-cast/

pronker likes this.
  22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    So, I binged and caught up on Agents of Shield this past weekend. After an incredibly mediocre start to the season with the introduction of the Ghost Rider angle and the terrible "Daisy on the Run" plotline, I have to admit that The2ndQuest was right, and the LMD storyline / Framework was incredible. I was hooked and loved just about every bit of it. When I heard they were doing an LMD angle, I figured that was how they would bring Ward back, but the way he was brought back was done better than I could have ever expected. Evil Fitz didn't quite work as well as I think the writers wanted him, too, but the emotional pull in watching Jemma interact with Evil Fitz (or just watch evil Fitz) worked well enough that it didn't matter. Mack's character was also just fantastic.

I'm hoping there is no tie-in between Inhumans and AOS, because I just want to skip Inhumans at this point.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The Evil Fitz stuff is worth it for the payoff of watching Real Fitz deal with it.

Was just rewatching the last episode to refresh myself before the new season and, man, just some strong emotional work done there by nearly everyone. Plus watching Ghost Rider scream all pissed off at the start was much more of a frightening image than I remembered.

The "Daisy on the run" plotline was the weakside of this season, but I thought the Ghost Rider stuff worked well.

EDIT- Oh, how did this elude me? Every time Robbie was on the Zephyr he was a Ghost Rider in...the sky. :D

Jedi Merkurian and pronker like this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, that premiere was much more expansive than the comic-con preview (an what is presumably linked above) hinted at. With the large number of inhabitants, non-location environments, makeup and CGI it looks more expensive too. It's also very effective at selling a rather depressing scenario too.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and pronker like this.