main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So why are the future humans going "oh Team Coulson is going to come save us from the Kree" instead of you know, the Avengers?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Predestination paradox, presumable. Fitz is “working on it” and his messages are what the future humans had to base their belief on.

Though, before the Quake accusation, my thought was that Infinity War’s events caused the cataclysm (the destroyed earth debris field bares a resemblance to Sanctuary) so this could be a future in which the Avengers lost.

But I’m thinking predestination paradox still- Agent Skinsuit has a list of who to send and who to not send, which suggests he (or his superiors) already knew who had been sent to the future within the time loop (and had been successful in saving the humans, thus permitting the prophecy).

3. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Also, why send SHIELD agents to fix the future when you can just...prevent whatever happened that created that future in the first place?

4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i'm not sure what i think about this storyline

5. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    This storyline is interesting, I just hope it doesn't last the entire season.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    [face_dunno]Oh no! It's
    Time Travel. Not a fave.:oops:

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Not only that but it's in outer space.

Incidentally, I was at a "Heroes & Villains Fanfest" over the weekend in San Jose and attended the Ming-Na Weng (aka Agent May) panel and she asked the audience if they liked the setting being in space as she kind of felt like the show was "jumping the shark" with that move jokingly. She did note, if they ever do a musical (in a reply to a Q&A session where a fan asked about it since Chloe Bennett is a K-Pop star) that's when the show would jump the shark. She was also asked about a cross-over with Inhumans and she's laughed it off and said something to the effect that she believes the show has been cancelled. Someone asked if May will ever kiss Coulson, and Ming-Na replied that would something and asked the person how she would like to see it happened. To which the person that asked the question said, "in front of Daisy" which got a huge laugh by Ming-Na and the audience as it would like one of the moments where a child walks in on their parents having sex.

The show is definitely having fun with itself and it's truly self aware with it's somewhat 4th wall breaking in that Mac didn't want to split up the team to cover more ground in exploring their new surroundings and that "since he's the Black guy" he would be the first one to be picked off.

Not sure how I feel about the Kree, as the makeup and design is a step down from the MCU proper version. And the head Kree guy reminds me of Grand Admiral Thrawn. Not sure if that's intentional.

Anyway, this season looks like the characters are going to have fun, but I don't want them to have out in space for the entire season.

Jedi Merkurian and pronker like this.
  8. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    "Heroes & Villains Fanfest" over the weekend =D= Lucky you! :)

Re "jumping the shark," another way TPTB generate fannish interest is to make a character have a baby. The team provides enough females to generate possibilities ... and since the outer space/alien aspect comes to the fore this season, there is the possibility of mpreg ... *ponders* [face_party]

That's great to hear that the characters will have fun this outing and yes, LOL at Mac's wise somments.

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That premiere was so gleefully wacky. they've gone full Aliens. well, almost. bit of Battlestar Galatica / Deep Space nine in there. So SHIELDs last few arcs have been hellspawn demons, killer replicant robots, alternate realities and now space station madness.

In the first ep I kinda dismissed that one guy as TV Budget Star Lord (I think it's the jacket) but he became more distinct in the 2nd ep.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Interesting episode this week- maybe a predictable end twist but that's also to avoid the easy "use your powers/punch-your-way-out" solution, so it's expected in a good way, I suppose. Gemma's arc emphasizes the darker aspects of the scenario so far.

The premiere had the largest ratings for the show since the Season 4 midseason premiere back in Jan, with 2.5 million viewers and steady demo ratings compared to the season 4 finale.

The next episode (this week's) after its move to Friday dropped, as expected, by about 25% to 1.93, which is a series low.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and pronker like this.
  11. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Well, just like in last season, Simmons goes and blows her cover instead of staying under the radar. How did she ever survive going undercover at Hydra?

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    There was a multiverse and a earth 616 reference in the last episode. :D

I thought it was kind of interesting that they're still incorporating Inhumans, but no mention of the Royal Family.

13. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    *tiptoes in after posting troubles* :cool: Is the Brain Guy in this show related to
    the Inhumans character who received mind reading abilities via Terragenesis, even though that was 80/90 years ago?

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It think it's doubtful they'll connect bloodlines 80-90 years apart. I mean, I can't even recall the other Inhuman telepath.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming episode as the ending of the recent episode and the preview suggests some answers will be revealed.

It's kind of funny that Daisy/Quake is being referred to as (something to the effect of) breaker of worlds, in a year when a Planet Hulk inspired movie is released as the Hulk in that storyline was also referred to breaker of worlds (or something like that).

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Wasn't a big fan of last week's ep, kinda draggy and only kicked in the last few minutes (and my west coast feed cable provider had some audio drop outs too which was frustrating) But this week's looks solid!

pronker likes this.
  16. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The latest episode finally revealed a bit more of what is going on, including that the team is in 2091, and why Fitz showed up at the end of the previous episode.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah the Fitz episode was good but anything Fitz-centric seems to be decent in the later seasons.

Random guessitmate: I get the feeling when Agents of SHIELD ends it's run (possibly this year or maybe hanging around long enough for Avengers 4), Coulson won't be on Earth anymore. And we're definitely not getting a reformatted or revived SHIELD agency running around, mostly so it can stay firmly as not causing waves into the larger MCU. But, happily, they've managed to do stories the last few episode arcs that are epic in scope but don't make waves in the larger MCU picture.

pronker likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Last few episodes have been pretty good- especially Fitz’s story (and the ESB reference, lol- now we just need a solid ROTJ reference and they’ll have the OT down), though Enoch seems a bit too convenient a solution to things... though, granted, since he put all of this in motion I guess that’s only fair, but still.

pronker and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  19. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [face_coffee] Yup, the SW touches are such darn fun. I don't know when any episode of any program made me think of Midnight Express more, that sense of agonizing, endless imprisonment and stress, and the ways to relieve it. It was a lengthy sequence that sold Fitz's endurance; as for any ROTJ shoutout, the mask and eventual reveal reminded me of Boushh!;)

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Wait was there an ANH reference earlier? I got the ESB one here, but that was pretty obvious.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Back in Season 3, with Coulson's "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi" hologram joke.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I just loved the ESB one because it's clear that Nick loves Bobbi, and Fitz loves Simmons -- so it was just to put Fitz at ease right at the end there... and maybe brotherly love.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Who's Nick?

:p