main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    this is an interesting notion, when will AoS come back since it's only 13 eps? Will they have it in Sept 18? or January 2019? May 2019? I think it'd be a pretty awesome summer show, actually.

Anyway randomly read on the Internets and I'm not sure how someone would run the numbers but:

The chance of all the 7 core teammates surviving the snap would be under 1%.

Pretty bad odds.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime and pronker like this.
  2. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Going to Infinity War
    was to be my gift yesterday, but the kids did something else entirely agreeable. I've learned enough about the film here to be in favor of seeing it at some point, since I've seen the first two Avengers. But better than seeing a movie yesterday was realizing that Taryan (Kassius Sr.) is Haldir from LOTR! Yes, Craig Parker is stellar villain material.

Is no one to mention the Big Fat Kiss??[face_love]

3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah Coluson and May kissing is a bit more of "Yup, he's gonna die" unfortunately.

Although, even as a cost saving measure, it'd be weird to kill of Coulson when he's going to be in Captain Marvel, you'd figure they'd want to keep him around to capitalize on that publicity.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    What kiss?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's all about Daisy's reaction. [face_laugh]

Also, they tweeted this pic which i thought was pretty funny:

[​IMG]

I'm thinking a straight run mid-season starting in Feb. Let's them go right up to A4 with the traditional 2-3 episodes concurrent/after as a wrap up.

5. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    That would let them advertise Coulson for Captain Marvel's March release.

Also, everyone, don't forget that we currently have two Fitz's in the present. The one currently on the show and the one asleep in space with Enoch. Once they finally break events leading to the future timeline, it seems too much of a dangling plot thread to leave hanging.

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    hah maybe Fitz is the only one who gets dusted and Season 6 is Star Trek III: The Search for Spock erm I meanFitz

pronker and cerealbox like this.
  7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Take out the extras first. Piper isn't long for this world. As well as a few of the other generic agents- if any are still left. Take out Robin and her mother- sorry kid! Deke- time to go. And then for the gut punch- Yo-Yo. If they really want to screw with us- have the team de-gravitron Talbot only to have him fade away once he's 'cured'. Take out Mack's buddy the Candy Man as well.

Yes I know, that still let's Coulson(if he lives), May, Daisy, Mack and FitzSimmons off the hook. But hey- All 6 of the original Avengers survived and what were the odds of that?

pronker and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i'm calling Deke is one that gets snapped ouf

Jedi Knight Fett and pronker like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's a really good point about the second Fitz- that would allow him to be dusted and give Simmons a reason to go back into space to find him, lol. But more importantly, that's one less main cast member to survive this episode.

I agree that Yo-Yo is likely to go-go. I know she was just added as a regular to this season, but her getting dusted would be a poignant end to her "I can't die because of time travel" mentality arc and would give Mack something to fight for to get her back.

She might actually be glad about it, seeing it as proof that they changed the future.

EDIT: Fun bit of trivia on the wiki: "The title [of the episode] was originally called, 'F = G (m1 x m2) / d2', which was the formula for Isaac Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation."

10. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    of course my question is where things would be at the beginning of next season. we know Avengers 4 isn't for another year, but how long is that in actual time. if half the earth population is gone at the beginning of next season they could write the team ino a wild west of sorts with any kind of storyline and chaos on earth. Things will probably be so bad they'll be government sanctioned Again.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It depends on the timespan of A4. One assumes there won't be a huge timeframe to begin with, since Stark is injured and the movie will presumably want to deal with some of the aftermath itself.

But, then, the 24 hours or so of events that IW transpires across took up 4 episodes of AOS here, which is about 1/3rd the 6th season. If there's a few days to work with before Stark gets back (or whomever on Earth goes after Thanos), there's easily room for 9 or so episodes to run concurrently (and, again, if they use flashbacks to fill some time up, that number gets reduced), and it doesn't even have to be real time.

EDIT- Season 6 will not air until Summer 2019, so that takes care of any continuity or treading-water issues.

The ABC comment:

“What we’ve discovered is that we have a very loyal and passionate fan base for S.H.I.E.L.D. The show does incredibly well for us in delayed viewing. By putting it in the summer, we’re going to be able to super-serve the fan base that loves that show and hopefully give it an opportunity to continue on longer than we would if it was [scheduled] in-season.”
    That sounds like they're suggesting the show could go on past Season 6... :D

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That is possible. It's also a good way to explore the MCU in ways that the films just cannot.

pronker likes this.
  13. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    yeah taking place after the next avengers movie might mean all of that stuff will already be wrapped up, though that would be a big time jump from this season

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It actually wouldn't be a time jump, it's pretty smart, really.

One assumes that the timespan between IW and A4 will not be particularly long (it's possible, but not the top expectation at the moment- especially if we're "in the end game now" in IW, not, like, "one year later").

AOS S5 finale is concurrent to IW. That allows AOS S6 to deal with the dustings in the first couple episodes but have it resolved before mid-season (as opposed to finding ways to make the first 2/3rds of the season tread enough water to allow the last few episodes to deal with A4). They then are free to spend more of the season dealing with the A4 aftermath (as well as, obviously, any original plotlines* that the majority of the season would presumably be intent on focusing on, since the show has to function on it's own and not just be a companion piece to IW) than they would have normally.

So AOS S6 would still be set in late 2017 or spring/summer 2018 (depending on when one feels IW is set; Ragnarok's timeline [especially in conjunction with AOS S5 midseason] suggests the former but statements (without rounding) could support the latter) like IW/S5 is.

Which is kinda amusing because that would mean AOS S4-6 all pretty much take place in a single year's time.

*For the love of the Living Tribunal, bring back Robbie & Ghost Rider!

pronker likes this.
  15. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    That means that this Friday on the finale, we'll more than likely see
    many cast members turn to dust

pronker likes this.
  16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Depends- they filmed it as a series finale. So the option I see is they filmed a dusting cliffhanger/stinger in the event of a renewal, but gave the show a proper happy ending that they could stick with and cut the stinger if they cancelled.

cerealbox and pronker like this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000

I feel like this scene was actually written by a fan, as I posted the following back in January:

Here's the video of that Q&A with Ming-Na, at the 15:45 mark the person in the audience asked the question on whether we'll see May and Coulson kiss, to which Ming-Na says she wish she could answer that and mentions that "our producers are always listening to the audience" and then around the 16:26 mark begins the question where Ming-Na asked the audience member where she would like to see May and Coulson kiss and it's the 16:39 mark where we see Ming-Na's honest knee jerk reaction (shaking her head) to have Daisy witnessing the kiss.

As for Season 6 of Agents of SHIELD, I could see a time jump to where Daisy is the one remaining member of the SHIELD cast and she's in charge of new characters because it would allow them freedom to go in a different direction and be more creative. Especially, if the writers and producers in the show didn't change from their previous statement about not have a cliff hanger for season 5 back in February when they said this:

So, I'm hoping there's no dusting at the of this season, but it would seem like there's no way to avoid considering the last two episodes references the battle in New York with Ebony Maw and Obsidian Cull, along with dropping the name, Thanos.

pronker likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    the reason we're all amped for people getting dusted is that the show called their shot and said that "this is happening concurrently with Infinity War". Frankly, it'd be a bit of a disappointment if nothing happens cuz we all saw IW and the people who make the show at the very least knew how it would end. And I don't think they would explicitly put AoS side by side with IW if they weren't planning to do that. The thing is getting randomly dusted is not really a part of the narrative arc of this season. But you don't say "Hey, Infinity War is happening now" and don't do it, that would be weird.

I think the show will be awesome in a summer timeslot, and probably make for great TV viewing in what can be a slow TeeVee season, but holy hell that's a long wait from this Friday. Over a year at least? Well, considering the gaps between Game of Thrones and Westworld and 24 seasons (not to mention year long cliffhangers in the MCU right now we're enduring!) so probably used to it. nice to see the ABC person say that if it did good in the summer it could hang on.

pronker likes this.
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, there is some lee-weigh in the timing. The Wakanda battle is going on right now, and that transpires over maybe an hour or so at most? Then the finger snap happens at the end. Yet Fury/Hill are not alerted to the deployment of the landing craft over Wakanda until moments before the finger snap. So there is a delay in intel- it actually means the AOS know about the attack before Fury, since their info is from the Confederacy, not terran orbital detection.

So, maybe instead of the season ending with the fingersnap, it ends with the AOS sending the intel to Fury/Hill right before the fingersnap?

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Given that season six of Agents of SHIELD will premiere after Captain Marvel and Avengers 4, gives the show a tremendous amount of freedom to go in any direction, episode if season five's finale isn't a real cliff hanger. But, it would probably help the show (to a point) if it played off the MCU's dusting. I mean, it's not like SHIELD will be a factor in the outcome Avengers 4, but rather get its table scraps and no real crossovers with the MCU proper. And where would the show go from there for 13 episodes?

I think season six, with its 13 episodes, will be the wrap up to the series and sets up a spin off. Perhaps, an All New All Different Inhumans or a Secret Warriors series with Daisy as the leader.

pronker and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Well, now that was a finale...

I don't see realistically how we have a final season of the show without Coulson or May though...

pronker likes this.
  23. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    how did Daisy survive being smashed into the ground from a thousand feet by Talbot?

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow. Clearly the reason the backhalf of the season seemed like a reduced budget is because they were saving up for that finale. Because Talbot really does not like to parallel park...

Seriously, though. Just parking a capital ship on top of, like, half of Chicago (Talbot obviously wanted to make sure he had a place to stay at for Celebration 9) probably caused more damage than the entire Chitauri invasion.

A shame Talbot couldn't be saved or redeemed. I feel they did a disservice to the character these last few episodes. I'm not against the idea of him becoming Graviton, but they didn't go into him dealing with the consequences so it feels more like he was being written off. He certainly pulls off the Zod villain look well enough, though.

And things had to have ended moments before the finger snap... Wakanda was not going on for that long, so they're already stretching it (as it is, the fingersnap has to happen while there is still daylight on Chicago, Tahiti and Wakanda... which I don't think is physically possible).

But, yeah. next season will be interesting if there's no Coulson or May. Unless the fingersnap takes one or the other out of play to pull the other back into action for a few episodes.

Also, Daisy is now Centipede-enhanced, at least for a little while. The serum eventually will wear off, but no way has it been long enough. So that could be a new thing for nest season as well.

Oh, yeah, and we never saw what happened to Deke. Is he a canary? Or free of time like Fitz?

She quaked at the end to cushion the impact.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    The writers/producers though openly admitted that they wrote the episode with trying to give some sense of closure to the show in the event of cancellation, but also trying to keep some things open for a possible season 6 (Will be interesting next year with Mack in charge). If this really had been the series finale, having things end with the Finger Snap of Doom (TM) would have been absolutely the worst thing to do. That would have been like Quantum Leap level bad finale taste.