main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Or Machine Man. Except it'll be Machine Woman.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Galaga guy needs to cameo on this show.

3. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hold on a second, dunno if this was discussed anywhere earlier but...AIDA is a life model decoy, which is this super-advanced android invented by Radcliffe. But wasn't "life model decoy" mentioned in passing by Tony Stark in Avengers 1 as if they were already something fairly common?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I believe Radcliffe mentions LMDs were an old SHIELD project he was basing his work in in last season finale's epilogue.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Ghost Rider Mack was awesome. Although I still like Reyes Ghost Rider (the performance is really good) and wouldn't want to lose him as the Spirit of Vengeance, there is a history of multiple Ghost Riders, and the original was the one who gave Reyes his power anyway, so I would not be opposed if Mack also becomes a Ghost Rider permanently. Seems like it'd be an awful thing to do to Mack with his inner sadness but makes for great TV and he kills it as Ghost Rider.

pronker likes this.
  6. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Sort of hoping Mack becomes "Vengeance". A small piece of the spirit remaining inside of him.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So, interesting winter finale.

The teams back together (except for one, kinda) and we have the new LMD plot starting in Jan.

Kinda a shame Aida went bad but hopefully that can be attributed to the Darkhold and not the LMD program as a whole.

And now we have the Slingshot web series starting next week to hold us over until AOS returns...

pronker likes this.
  8. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Was hoping for a stronger appearance from Ghost Rider in the winter finale, but it was still okay, if a bit of an anticlimactic showdown.

Reyes is definitely a great addition to the show.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think it's safe to say that GR is likely to be back by the end of the season, given that whatever is going on with Aida is tied to the Darkhold and dimensional portal technology.

EDIT- In fact, Reyes's return has been confirmed, as well as the information that LMD is only the second of three "story pods" this season, so it won't be the entirety of the remaining of the season.

"We have three different [story] pods this season, and they will all feel distinctly different. We’re moving into a new pod. That doesn’t mean [Robbie] is gone or that he will not be involved at some point, but it will definitely have a different feel.”

EDIT 2- all 6 episodes of Slingshot are online now- looks like it almost totals the runtime of half an episode (looks like its about 25 minutes-ish).

Here's a link to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLDe0CguuqcMBVtZJk0iCNoSblixvAt4BY&v=1xgQUoVfiL8

pronker likes this.
  10. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Slingshot is nice, always good to see more Elena.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  11. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Wow, three story pods this season? How many episodes are there this season?

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Same length as always. I think it is their way of trying to keep people's attention and keeping the show fresh.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Keep in mind that we're only 8 episodes into a 22 episode season, so there's still 14 episodes to go (and the finale will probably be a double length episode again). LMD could last 6-8 episodes and still leave a similar amount of episodes for the last story pod (since the last 6-9 episodes tend to be the finale arc for each season).

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I will say that mid-season finale was kind of weak-sauce, which is a shame because it's about two of my favourite topics ever - killer robots and demons from Hell but it didn't have much pop. I do like the plots but poor Ghost Rider spent most of the episode stuck in a box.

Happy to see they put all of the Slingshot eps online in one shot, I wasn't looking forward to them being doled out once a week and was gonna wait till the end anyway.

pronker likes this.
  15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Or Luke Cage, for that matter.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Is anyone having problems with the ABC app? It let me watch the first three episodes of the Slingshot mini-series, but after that I got an error message saying the server is down. The message said to wait a few minutes, but the server has been down for hours now. Is this happening to anyone else?

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    To the youtubes with you!

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Finally got around to watching Slingshot. It has some nice bridging material since the main story is set between Seasons 3 & 4 (only the frame story in episodes 1 & 6 are set "now"). The action and story is mostly straight forward but Mack, the director and Yo-yo are served well. For a webseries it's not bad but it wouldn't have been a strong standard episode.

But it did manage to get a Stan cameo in, lol

19. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007

Extremely late to this party. Just a little nudge to self to get back into AOSdom.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    ABC "bullish" on AOS, Season 5 likely.

Apparently the adjusted ratings numbers this season have held steady despite the time slot change.

pronker likes this.
  21. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I take it that he's committed to something that works and does well, even in days after initial broadcast. That's also kind of the take away I had from the question about more shows from Shonda Rhimes (plz no). ABC loves their Shonda Rhimes shows.....

NBC kind of beat them to it a comedy super hero universe show with Powerless so I think that Damage Control might be dead at this point.

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That seems to be good.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    We haven't heard anything on Damage Control for awhile- it wasn't nixed like MW when the ABC heads switched up, but other Marvel projects in development for at least as long are still actively being developed- like the John Ridley drama project also mentioned in that link (he's working on a new script draft currently). Plus, I think Damage's premise is unique enough to distinguish it from Powerless. There's room for more than one superhero comedy show if they're distinct enough.

pronker likes this.
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Well, that escalated quickly...

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Damn.

I would have preferred they not turn Radcliff into a villain but it raises the question of whether or not Aida had been affected by the Darkhold or if she was entirely under Radcliff's direction/ruse the entire time.

Also disapointed to have Mack get on the Salvation hate-train when T3 is still sitting there, ripe for the picking (on). ;)

Still, gotta love his insurance policy [face_laugh]

Yodaminch and pronker like this.