main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I think Coulson is Coulson, but they did some shady stuff to bring him back.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    That's what it sure sounds like to me.

3. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    I feel like I should know what LMD stands for...

4. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Same here.

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Life Model Decoy

6. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Oh. I do know what that is. (No Sarcasm)

7. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    It's a robot that looks and acts like a copy of a specific person. They can be controlled remotely and Nick Fury is famous for using them so that his enemies don't attack him directly. My guess would be that Coulson is alive but incapacitated, perhaps in a coma like state and is unknowingly hooked up through the LMD interface.

Thrawn1786 likes this.
  8. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Oh dear. Thats probably what it is.

9. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I liked it, not as much as his original stuff, but it met my expectations. I love having an action show where half the main characters are female and are clearly not just going to be love interests.

10. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    You should check out Person of interest. Actual female characters who kick just as much ass as the guys.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    GOOGLE. WIKIPEDIA. How can people be so goddam stupid and lazy these days? Duh, me just wait, someone am tell me what stuff mean. Me no think.

Idiots.

Rosslcopter likes this.
  12. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Well since its such an obscure piece of fandom for some of us not that versed in the Marvel Universe it would have taken longer than if we just asked Im thinking. No need to be rude for people just asking questions.

Rew likes this.
  13. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    I said I knew what it was!!!

14. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  15. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Ender don't pick on the 12 year old.

Ender Sai likes this.
  16. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    You can cool it or you can have a time-out for name calling. Your choice.

Darth_Invidious and Juliet316 like this.
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I was thinking clone, but then again all I know is Star Wars so... :p

18. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    WaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ender- less 'tude and rude or you won't like my mood, dude.

I think there's 4 possibilities:

1) Coulson died and is now replaced with an LMD (furthered by his Matrix dodge of the door).

2) Coulson's LMD died and the real deal is here/back (doesn't seem likely given the Tahiti stuff)

3) Coulson has always been an LMD (his Matrix door dodge being hinted at with his One-Shot pastry kung-fu moves). A real Coulson may or may not actually exist or have existed in this scenario.

4) No LMD, Coulson brought back by shady means.

In any scenario, one small moment might be another clue: after Coulson is done talking about Tahiti to Hill, as he walks away he seems to wipe away something from his eye- a tear, perhaps? Something else?

It could very well be innocent and he's just getting a speck of dust outta his eye but something about it leads me to suspect it might be something more.

20. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Like Donald!
    [​IMG]

He even kind of looks like Coulson.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
  22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    1) I hope it's not that. The door dodge, could go to his skills as an Agent in his short plus the fact that he was far enough away to see it coming and duck.

2) Also not a fan of that because of what you said. Plus Maria's "He can never know"

3) Also hope it's not this. The great fan appeal of Phil Coulson is he is the every man. And that's why I HATE the LMD thing. It was a fine solution until this Tahiti and He can never know thing. Now it's clear that the real Coulson was stabbed and bled by Loki. So it's either LMD or something else.

4) My personal pick. I lobby for infinity formula. It still allows him to remain (mostly) a regular guy, it also allows him to heal and it ties in another part of Marvel lore. Also could get behind magic like Dr. Strange. IE: Coulson died and Strange goes and gets him back. Of course, that leaves too much of a Mephisto thing which may be too out there for now. It would also have been acceptable for Thor to rescue the Son of Coul from Valhalla or something. But given they are sticking with 'Thor's an alien', I don't see that happening.

Now, the thing that's most interesting about this is the big Marvel movie tie-in: Extremis. It is Coulson who recognizes it and Coulson who states it is fairly new. Yet from what the doctor and Hill indicate, he hasn't been back that long. So just how long has he been back is the real question. Long enough to learn about Extremis and pick his team at least.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  23. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    That still didn't explain why were they absent in IM3.

24. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Yodaminch

To quote:

;)

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I agree that, at the very least, the Coulsen pre-Avengers shouldn't be an LMD as that would ruin his everyman appeal. However, an everyman eventually becoming super in some way would certainly fit the common themes of the Marvel universe.

I think we can rule out Extremis as a means of his survival- even SHIELD didn't know about Extremis until IM3, and IM3 is seemingly more than a year after Avengers, so Coulson would have had to have been on life support for that long. Though, I suppose if SHIELD got their hands on Extremis shortly after IM3 and then used it on Phil, that might explain why he's only now returning to the field.

However, I don't see SHIELD allowing a potentially explosive person back into active duty within sensitive SHIELD installations and crowded public areas.

I'm wondering if there's someone connected to Tahiti in the MU that might give us a hint, but I would guess that they wouldn't drop a hint that obvious if one could simply google or wiki it.

Infinity Formula would be an interesting take- sort of neat, given his proximity to Movie Fury, but I think it might be too soon for that, what with Abomination still being somewhat recent.

One of those Asgardian healing stones from the Thor deleted scenes might do the trick- but I don't see where they could have gotten one while keeping Thor in the dark about Coulson's survival (and that also assumes that they still exist in-universe given that all traces of their presence were removed from the film).

Rewatched the episode earlier- does anyone else think that the blonde lady in Paris that walked out during the brawl might end up returning later? That she was so interested in a piece of alien tech seems like it could certainly have ties to Centipede or some other type of group.